granny Squarelovers and chatters

Well, sitting here looking at the last card I got from Lyn,  She was such an encourager of people and I will miss her very much....

We always said we were birthday twins.... born on the same day..

Raising my hook to you my dear friend...RIP

• Like 2

I enjoy every card Lynn sent to me. She was always thinking of us.

Rene i pray you find comfort going into these days , weeks and months.  She is out of pain, free and happy. I know she will be dearly missed. We will miss her here.

• Like 3

Rainy day... worked this morning....I have the next 5 days off.... thinking about going to the annual Pickle Festival this Saturday.... I have been to the New Years Pickle Drop  but not to the festival...

17 minutes ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Rainy day... worked this morning....I have the next 5 days off.... thinking about going to the annual Pickle Festival this Saturday.... I have been to the New Years Pickle Drop  but not to the festival...

I had to google your pickle festival.  You guys have the best festivals in your country.

• Like 1

i just heard about our Pineknott   pasing  on,   I am so sad for rene and family,  ahe was an integral part of this group and she will be so missed by all of us  I will send her family my condolences, and pray for them  katie  ..

• Like 1

Hi everyone.  I am still trying to calm down, I am wide awake, so I thought I would drop in to see what you all are doing.

Have a great evening.

• Like 1

Last Thurs we had the volunteer appreciation banquet.  Tonight was bowling banquet.  Dh's team was in first place.  Last Sat we began teaching beginner dulcimer class at the monthly club.  We have our Fri afternoon group set up to play here a week from this Sun and then again a week later.  

• Like 1

Good Morning,

Beautiful sunny day today and no rain in the forecast for this weekend.  Going to be warm, 14 Celsius.  Working the veggie garden beds this weekend, putting up the canopy on the pergola and barbecuing on the deck.  My tomatoe and pepper seeds have sprouted, only started them 10 days ago, gotta love grow lights. 

Everyone have a great weekend:sun

• Like 1

My heart broke when I heard about Lyn. I was so hoping she would conquer her problem and heal. My prayers go out to her family while they go through this difficult time.

On top of that, I have a fight going on with gout! And I'm on preventive meds for it! Grrrr. It will pass though.

It's windy and raining today with 52°F right now. That sure is a change from the 80's we've had all week. It even hit 90 one day. I am not ready for the heat but once this storm passes through it will start going up again. Such is life in the high desert. So be it.

I hope all are doing okay and that you've had a giggle or two today.

• Like 1

i hear ys, ii too am very sad .  yester day we ha 72 tornados through Nebraska and Iowa.  we only got heavy rain and hai lots of damage acrodd thr state though  

i am thankful for beingg spared  we were right in its pths a couple of times, but God smiled on us and it moved on  just so you all know huh  take care people ok.  katie 

• Like 2

Tornadoes to our north and south last night.  So far this evening to the west and north.  Its wait and see.  Dh got in 6 dog walks today.  He did three dogs once and the other one 3 times.  We were spending a lot of time with the one, Nora, because her people were gone most of the day to a graduation two hours away.  They were glad to get back before the severe weather hit up in that area.  Nora fascinates me as she is a black standard poodle and she is a large one.  I have been around small ones and mixes but not a large one.  

I'm feeling better today. Today's gripe: Allergies! Today's Thankfulness: One of my ocotillo's is in full bloom. So pretty. I have a Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum) that was gifted to me when my DH passed almost 5 years ago. It hasn't blossomed since then and today it has a blossom on it!

I got a call from DD2 last night. My oldest Grt-GD is a freshman in high school and made honor roll again this week. Then made the cheerleader team yesterday! She is so pumped and so are we for her. 

I hope you're having as good a day today as I am!

PS- Katy and Brenda- You are in my prayers for safe keeping during the heavy storms in your areas!

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 2

Good Morning.

I have some time, so I thought I would drop in and see how everyone is doing.

I has been one very busy week and it looks like it is not going to be much easier.

We are going to be 85 today and no rain in sight.

There is the phone, got to go.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 1

Hi- Just a quick check-in. Everything is A-okay here.

Mary Jo- I hope you're not running yourself ragged!

79°F here today. It's already over 80 on my back patio, in the shade too! I fear in a day or 2 I'll have to turn the AC back on. Agggggh!

Have a lovely afternoon.

4 days non stop working the farm. Getting home after midnight . Just so much to get done . I finished almost everything i had on a two page list. Then came home took care of 13 goslings. Cleaning their tubs and feeding dishes . Finally laid done and couldn’t sleep. I finally fell a sleep after 6 am then a little after 7 am my phone started ringing. 

• Like 1

Good morning! Just checking in before I get the day started. Going to the grands' school awards program this morning. Chiro tomorrow. Made contact with two repair people yesterday but no set time for them to come, so I'll go about my other business meantime.

Hope everyone is doing well, staying safe in these storms and has a good day!

• Like 1

Ended up not  going to the Pickle Festival, DH took another fall and bruised his hip, he says its vertigo, the doctor told him it was a TIA, anyhow, he gets up to go the bathroom and thats about it.

I am suppose to get my drivers license renewed this week so I need to see if our DMV does appts. The Princess and I have quite a day planned for our birthday . First is Build a Bear.  They have this birthday club where the child pays their age for making the bear. I'll buy her a little outfit for it.  Then to Red Robin for our free birthday burgers, and finally Goodberries for our free ice cream cones.  I'll have our son come sit with his dad while we girls have our day.

After 20 years, my best friend is moving back to NC about an hour away, I am so excited..

All you bad weather folks be safe...

Reni, how's the gout doing?

• Like 1

Good Morning,

I have some time before I have to go to the Rehab Center.

Lea, so sorry to hear about Chris.

I have not been around, as my DH John (TampaGuy) went into the hospital last Monday.  Then on Wednesday, they moved him to a Rehab Center.  He could not get out of his chair and some other problems.  Turns out he has CDIF It is a bug in the intentins whick cause diarreha and is very contagious.  Anyway, I have been going everyday to see him spending the day.

Only good thing that came out of this, is I finally got behind the wheel of the car and have been driving myself.  They are right, it is like riding a bike.  You never forget.

Off to clean up breakfast and then on to Rehab.

Have a good day everyone.

3 hours ago, owlvamp said:

OH MY GOODNESS Lea and Mary Jo. It’s always something. I don't understand TIA or CDIF? I guess I’m slow or past exhaustion. Sending hugs and prayers.

TIA is a mini stroke

C.diff (Clostridium difficile) is a bacteria that causes diarrhea and colitis. Its pretty contagious and only a very few antibiotics work.

• Like 2