granny Squarelovers and chatters

On 3/26/2024 at 12:10 PM, bgs said:

So this will be her second Easter before her first birthday.  I havent gotten to see her for 6 weeks now between dh having covid, then she and her mom being sick, and her mom's work schedule.  They change so fast in 6 weeks.  She is playing with Gigi's (Gee gee is what my sister is calling herself) baskets and eggs.  The wire basket has rock eggs in it.  

IMG_3900.thumb.jpg.02e735fd5eb1db88bd28bad5a5f7c551.jpg

IMG_3920.thumb.jpg.f643295b2ba84463232bb7a5b9e0709e.jpg

I got to see her today!  And as I suspected it had been so long that it took awhile for her to decide I was ok.  

This afternoon sis, dh, and I went to Work Out Day at the K.  It was free and free parking.  I have never been in that stadium.  You would have to pay me a whole lot to go watch baseball.  This was interesting though because different things were going on simultaneously all over.  It was  cold though as it only got up in the 50's today.  

Hi Gang- I've been busy for a few days trying to get some Spring cleaning done a little at a time. Work at it, then sit down, work some more, then sit down. Tomorrow, I plan on washing windows indoors. That will be an all-day chore since I have to stop and sit so often. I did find a DIY window cleaner I'm really happy with. It makes those windows sparkle without too much effort.

I finally picked up my crochet hook night before last and started a square for the cat box. I'm sure it will be slow going but that's ok. Since I had that last birthday, I've resigned myself to the fact "I'm not just a crocheting senior citizen anymore, "I'm old crocheter"! LOL

Brenda- That little girl is so very cute! The wonder in her eyes is beautiful. Makes me wish I still had little grandbabies coming by all the time. Mine are all adults now and I don't get to see the great grands since they're so far away. We are pen pals though which helps. I sure do miss those Easter egg hunts! Since I don't go out shopping anymore, I'm making Easter cookies for the family on Saturday. 

It seems like all I do is eat and sleep anymore but, it's time for dinner already. I hope all have a peaceful evening.

Good morning,raining here may get 4 inches,downtown flooding.

To pump or not to,this fluid has to go down,it's uncomfortable, the other thing is there really a blood clot o

In my lung in my lung or not,the word was undetermined have a good day

MaryJo,

Got you message about the e mails, mine is the same,Bill has to get to it,it's like 10 steps,the phrase,I chuckled,we had one from a song while we were in Sicily,called Afternoon Delight

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pineknott said:

Is Tina without power, haven't heard from her all day long 

I have power, I am here, not doing much, just nursing all my hurt body parts from that fall down the stairs last Friday.  I sent you a personal message.

Good Morning.  It is 8:45 and it is only 61 degrees.  Got another cold spell in after the rain the other day.  Suppose to get up to 72.

Got a snag in the pattern I am using.  Trying to get info from Maggie's Crochet, so I can finish the dress.

Growing up we never got a week or so for Spring Break.  We go 1/2 a day on Good Friday and all day Easter Monday.  That was our Spring Break.

Have a fun day

12 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.  It is 8:45 and it is only 61 degrees.  Got another cold spell in after the rain the other day.  Suppose to get up to 72.

Got a snag in the pattern I am using.  Trying to get info from Maggie's Crochet, so I can finish the dress.

Growing up we never got a week or so for Spring Break.  We go 1/2 a day on Good Friday and all day Easter Monday.  That was our Spring Break.

Have a fun day

12 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Have a fun day

We didnt get a week either but got all day Fri and then  Mon.  

So will be on high alert this year for the Easter Bunny and Chick roaming around.  Last year Easter Sun dh came back from an afternoon walk telling me he spotted them walking the golf course.  OK.  It took me over two weeks of asking everyone I ran into around here to finally get a confirmation.   I was starting to think he was hallucinating.  It didnt help they had been running those commercials (I think for Parkinson's) saying one of the symptoms was seeing things that weren't there. 

• Haha 1

Thanks for starting my day with a laugh, Brenda!

It's been a busy week--dentist (getting a crown is always fun), eye doctor (it was a frame adjustment not the prescription), chiro, baby grand, primary dr for B12 shot--and straightening up some for everyone to be here for lunch Sunday. I'm not really cooking--a bought casserole, rolls and pie, a dish that's just mixing and heating, fresh fruit salad. DILs are both adding to the meal. I picked the first asparagus of the year from my bed.

Today is do some laundry and vacuum. 

Happy Easter!

• Like 1

Dinner Sunday here will be Ham for me and Lamb Chops for DH.  We wlill have potato salad, maccaroni salad and cucumber salad.  Sort of like a picnic.

We will start out cold in the mornings, but get up to about mid 70's durning the day.

I remember going up to the park on Easter Sunday to walk and seeing people hiding eggs for the little ones to find later.  Each shelter had a different group but I am sure it was fun for the kids.

2 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Thanks for starting my day with a laugh, Brenda!

It's been a busy week--dentist (getting a crown is always fun), eye doctor (it was a frame adjustment not the prescription), chiro, baby grand, primary dr for B12 shot--and straightening up some for everyone to be here for lunch Sunday. I'm not really cooking--a bought casserole, rolls and pie, a dish that's just mixing and heating, fresh fruit salad. DILs are both adding to the meal. I picked the first asparagus of the year from my bed.

Today is do some laundry and vacuum. 

Happy Easter!

Mona, you got stuff growing in your garden already?  I am so jealous! Happy Easter.

Edited by Lacycrochet

Good morning

I finally got to enjoy my eggs this morning,they were still hot,I just can't put cold eggs in .my mouth.

Have a good day

3 hours ago, Lacycrochet said:

Mona, you got stuff growing in your garden already?  I am so jealous! Happy Easter.

Just the asparagus which is a perennial here and occasionally produces in February or early March when it's a warm winter. Nothing else even planted yet. It's about time to start--DS has the beds ready.

2 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Just the asparagus which is a perennial here and occasionally produces in February or early March when it's a warm winter. Nothing else even planted yet. It's about time to start--DS has the beds ready.

We are still frozen here, can't work the beds for probably a month or so.  It is snowing off and on today.  Can't wait for spring!

Good Morning and Happy April 1st.  I use to take this day off every year when I worked.  I do not like pranks.  I do not mind a good joke, but pranks I do not find funny.  

Today is going to be a beautiful day.  We will hit 80 and the sun will shine without clouds.  I have to laugh, the Gulf is up to 73 degrees and they are saying it is still a little to cool to get in.  Well, for Floridians or anyone who lives on the Gulf Coast.  All others are use to the cold ocean.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and will have a fun day today.

Just had emails from Herrschner's--1cent shipping today with $35+ purchase--1CNOJOKE, and from Mary Maxim--today only 1 cent shipping, no minimum purchase.

Hi everyone.  Not nice Mona.  I deleted that e-mail, as I am trying to not buy any yarn or anything till I take down what I have.  That is tempting though.

Everyone North of us, take care.  I am hearing very bad Thunderstorms, hail, rain and possibility of tornadoes.  You are getting this today, we are getting it tomorrow afternoon.  Be careful and stay indoors.

Off to finish my hat.

Have a fun afternoon.

Edited by Tampa Doll

Good afternoon!

Just ticked off today. I will get past it eventually. I’m officially done making peeps. Daughter wants a green one so i will make hers, but other than that finished. Need to finish up with a baby blanket.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Hi everyone.  Not nice Mona.  I deleted that e-mail, as I am trying to not buy any yarn or anything till I take down what I have.  That is tempting though.

Everyone North of us, take care.  I am hearing very bad Thunderstorms, hail, rain and possibility of tornadoes.  You are getting this today, we are getting it tomorrow afternoon.  Be careful and stay indoors.

Off to finish my hat.

Have a fun afternoon.

Bet you can't guess what we have coming at us.  Yup, a foot of snow. ☃️

• Confused 1

Northern Wisconsin here, 6-12 inches of the white stuff also! :snow

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, TATS said:

Northern Wisconsin here, 6-12 inches of the white stuff also! :snow

I feel like it is never going to end.

4 hours ago, Lacycrochet said:

Bet you can't guess what we have coming at us.  Yup, a foot of snow. ☃️

Snow and foot are two words that should never ever be used together.  We had a couple of bad ones a few years before we moved and I dont ever want to see that much again.

• Like 1