granny Squarelovers and chatters

Sandra, sounds like a lot of fun work. DS and DIL just bought a pressure cooker. Besides garden produce they are canning dried beans so they are ready for quick use in meals. Reading your post I remembered the advice of a friend years ago who was raising an animal for the meat and had kids---never name anything you intend to eat.

Congratulations on the addition to the family, Mary Jo.

Thinking about all with health issues and hope you are improving!

I liked the new dentist and hygienist. First time I've ever had my blood pressure taken at the dentist. The chiropractor canceled so I'll have to reschedule that. Got a haircut on the calendar for next week. I always let that slide by until it is driving me crazy. 

I think we can finally say spring weather is here. Fingers crossed for no more freezing temps. Everything has popped out in bloom this last week. GD is already asking when the pool will open.

Good Morning.  Got rain last night and we are looking at more this morning.  Ok by me.  Cleaning the air of that nasty pollen.

Wow I slept good last night.  Only woke up once.  Nice for a change.

Got my day planned out, hoping the finish the 2nd doll.  

Have a fun day today.

me too mj day is half gone, but so far i feel i have accomplished so much lol  and hubbs has surprized  us with  taco johns for lunch lol  so good  This is actually from the tablet, i prefer the tablet for most things lol  but eating tacos takes presidence even over the ville lol  be right back ok 

ok umm was great lol mmm  

now to clean up thst usually means handy vacci-ng aroun d my chair, and putting tools and such away back where they belong and stufff then i can call it a day lol  and oh yeah i have laundry to fold but then i can be done for today  cloudy, overcast day but thats ok, i dont mind  it   lol  hubbs put a long led shop tylpe f;ouescent light right above my chair on the ceiling l and it works quite well so i dont have to count on ole Mr, Sun so much now lol    it can always be daylight, even when it rains lol 

ok well waiting for my ordered camera battery  lithium thing lol  come on battery!!!

so ladies and gents will sign off for now hoping you are all enjoying another day we are alive lol  take care Katie 

Congratulations Mary Jo!! That’s a good size baby! Pray mama and baby are doing well.

Glad to see you posting Katy.

I deliver 10 peeps to the store to be sold. That is so exciting. Back working on more… Hopefully i sell out every time i deliver them.. LOL

Good Morning.  Time to be up and at em.  It is a beautiful day today.  Hit of 79 :elle sun is shinning and not a cloud in the sky.

Up early this morning and having my first cup of coffee.

Off to finish up the little tidbits of my lates project.

Have a fun day.

Hi!  Just checking in to say hello. I was busy nursing a whopping migraine for 3+ days and feeling much better now. It was one of those rare big ones that won't allow me to do anything except moan and groan. I hope everyone is A-okay and surviving this weird weather. We had a little rain yesterday morning, but it was gone as soon as it came in. We're having a false Spring and should be getting one more cold spell by Easter time. Maybe even snow. We never know.

Take good care and I hope all that have been ill are much better!

Such cute little ones, Mary Jo!

Glad you're feeling better, Reni! I've never had migraines but it sounds horrible.

Rain yesterday and back to cooler temps today.  Off this morning to the birthday party for my best friend's 4-year-old granddaughter. Then house stuff the rest of the day.

I have new glasses ordered even though it was a very small change in prescription. The screws in these won't stay tightened and they are several years old--won't get that design again. I didn't realize there are two kinds of cataracts. Mine aren't big/troublesome enough to do anything about yet. Got a good report from the cardiologist.

I tried out Walmart's scan and go for the first time. Requires Walmart+ membership. You scan your items with your phone as you put them in the cart, then go thru the self-check line, scan the qr code on the screen and pay on your phone. I only had a few items but it worked fine and I thing I'm going to like it.

Hope everyone is feeling better and has a good weekend!

Good Morning.

Oh Reni, I do not envy the migrain.  I had one for a few days, but mine was from stress and the only thing that helped was a dark quite room.

Well, we seem to have our summer back and I am happy.  In the 80's all week.

Mona I hope your new glasses are what you want.  I hate picking out glasses, I always end up with the same kind.

Good news on the report from the heart Dr.

Have a fun day.

• Like 1

Good Morning.

Migraines are horrible Reni, I sympathize.

Mona, great news all was good at the heart Doctor.

So yesterday everything was covered in ice and cold from the storm the previous night.  Today it sunny and going to be 9 degrees.  Spring has sprung and I am soooo excited about it.  Going to bbq chicken tonight and celebrate with a glass of wine.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day

Edited by Lacycrochet

I just discovered that tonight for those of us who have to do it.  We need to change our clocks tonight.  Spring forward an hour.  Such a pain, so if you are in a state that has Day light Savings Time.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

I just discovered that tonight for those of us who have to do it.  We need to change our clocks tonight.  Spring forward an hour.  Such a pain, so if you are in a state that has Day light Savings Time.  

Thanks for the reminder.

Agh! I don't like getting new glasses either. From choosing a frame to the horrendous prices. I asked the gal that fit my glasses the last time if they were lined with gold. Her answer was "Right?" Mona- I hope yours are the best you've ever had.

It's 61°F here today and no wind. That's a big plus to me. We should have one more cold spell before/around Easter, then Spring will spring for real.

I'm digging out a couple of my art textbooks from way back when to refresh on some areas since I haven't picked up my paint brushes since before my husband died. I just did not have the incentive all this time but now there is a glimmer of interest. I have no plans to sell any artwork anymore but I would like to finish my art journals, so my DD's have something personal of mine.

Crochet and reading have been on the back burner for several days again. Now that will change too. I also gathered the pattern together to make that "cat-house" (LOL) for my GS's cats. I think I'm going to use scrap yarn for the squares and hopefully have enough of the colors I want to use. We'll see after I go scrounging. Have a super day!

• Like 1

I actually order my glasses over the internet and they have been great.  Now I have progressive bifocals and prisims in my glasses.

Up at 7 and it was dark this morning.  The sun is just coming up.

Lightning won last night.  The 3rd period was the best.  

Turned the clocks ahead last night before I went to sleep.

Today is our haircuts.

Have a fun day.

hi all daughter and sil coming over soon, so wont stay long  ok

forgot what i was going to talk about though lol  

oh well huh i will be back soon gotta straighten up nathroom, and fix my face lol  

Good Afternoon.

Hair is cut dinner is on.

The roar or engines in St. Pete.  They cut off some of the streets for the Firestone Grand Prix.  Lots of noise and crowd down there, plus Spring Training.

So spring temperatures were short lived.  Back to -6, cold, high winds, rain, freezing rain and I wouldn't be surprised if it snowed. I think that rodent lied.

Got a hair cut, making goulash for supper and worked on my diamond painting.

I envy all of you that have warm weather and things are already or still growing in your yards.  You all can remind me of this when I start complaining about the heat this summer. lol.

Have a good evening everyone.

Edited by Lacycrochet
  • Haha 1

I finally got to goof off on the laptop and here it's 9:20pm already. No wonder I keep yawning.

My toaster bit the dust. At least it worked for 15 years. That's not too bad considering everything now-a-days break in about 5 years. So, I ordered one to match my new Air Fryer. Yea- I know, I just bought that little one but it's too small. Next to go out will probably be my Kcup coffeemaker. They don't last too long either. Remember when things used to last forever? I still have a working curling iron from 1985.

I'm still digging for yarn for the "cat-house". I need to come up with 1.5 more skeins, but I still have 2 more storage bins to go through. I really didn't want to buy more yarn. I just had a brain f*rt! I can add some dove grey if I have to.

My DD in California was rushed to the ER late last night with a suspected heart attack. She's okay now but more tests are being run. The Dr's are thinking not a heart attack, but because she has such a high stress job, and her daughter and 4 children living with her, she's overwhelmed. She has other health issues, like hypoglycemia (for one), and she usually keeps it under control. I really wonder if all those dollar signs on her paychecks are worth the stress. Anyway, she's ok for now and leaving the hospital in the morning, hopefully.

I'm going to read for a short time then hit the sack. I'm beat. Have a peaceful night!

So sorry to hear about your daughter.  Sometimes it takes something like a trip to the ER to wake someone up.  Glad she is ok now. 

I had to laugh at the curling iron from 1985.  I have a blender that is from the 60's.  Not used all that much.  I just got my 3rd Kcup coffee maker.  The last one only laster 2 years, but with them the price keeps going up.  Other problem is you can scan something into your phone and get infor or whatever.  Problem is my phone is not compatable and I am not getting a new phone, because of my coffee maker.

I am back into sweat pants.  It is only 58 degrees.  The nuts so weather guy is telling us what a beautiful day it is.  I called him a jacka--, like he could hear me. lol

Well off to check out the world.

Oh yeah I am down to one side on the toaster of a two sided one.

We were supposed to have a storm on Thursday and Friday. Now, just Friday. I can't keep up with these weather people.

I haven't been doing much but keep busy to stay calm with all that's going on in my family right now. One of these days soon it will calm down and I can take a deep breath just for me! LOL Then I can get back to crocheting and pick up my painting brushes. Something positive to look forward to. 🥰

Reni, hope your daughter is doing better and they figure out what the problem is. ER trips are scary. We never stop worrying about our kids no matter what their age.

It's been pretty quiet here. Hope everyone is doing ok and either just busy or relaxing.

We have rain/maybe storms coming in tomorrow for a couple of days. DS doesn't think it will change how many of his friends come for the weekend. If the weather is bad they'll just visit instead of doing stuff outside. A few more things to do in the house before they get here, then hopefully just relax for the weekend.

Ha have you every really relaxed Mona with a bunch of boys in the house?  LOL

Yesterday was a close you eyes, take a deep breath and just relax day.

I finally got my awl's from Amazon.  They were delayed a day.  DH said, ok, there is no hook on the end and they are not long enough to knit with.   I told him I needed them to poke hole in a t-shirt for a doll to make a dress out of it.  The skirt will be crocheted on the bottom.  Something new for me to try.

It is still in the 60's at night and 70's during the day.  It will be in the 80's for the next several days, then Canada is sending us another cold front starting Tuesday.  Now if they could add rain to that I would be ok with that,

Monday we watched Gone With the Wind.  Yesterday we watched Lawrence of Aribia.  They are both very good movies, but long.  No commercials either, just the intermissions.  Sometimes I need the old movies.  You know the kind without all the shooting and blood and blowing up stuff.

Hope everyone is ok.  

Have a fun day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

It is still in the 60's at night and 70's during the day.  It will be in the 80's for the next several days, then Canada is sending us another cold front starting Tuesday.  Now if they could add rain to that I would be ok with that,

You are welcome, just wanted to share the spring weather we are having, I will see if I can have some rain included. LOL

• Haha 1