granny Squarelovers and chatters

Mona- That's a big Boo with the glasses. I've worn progressives for about 20 years now and have been fortunate to not have had a problem like yours. If they're not working for you it unfortunately has to be corrected. I hope it's something simple.

A lot of rain threats today but so far nothing. First the Weather Channel said 4:30pm, then 5:45pm, now it's at 7:30pm. What a joke! :rofl

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about the glasses Mona.  The only problem I ever had, and like Reni, I have worn them about 20 years or so, is they put my prisims on the outside of the lens, instead of the inside.  I wear prisims, cause I have double vision.

Sun is out, but it is cool and no rain in the future.  Guess I better put water in the pool.  Did not get enough to fill the pool, in fact, it looks like I lost water.  How that happens, I will not know.

Busses are wizzing by this morning and I think today is the last day of the tournament.

Have to hunt for something to crochet, or I could just read, we shall see.

Have a fun day.

Mona my first pair of progressives did not work out right for me.  They took care of the distance, and the arm's length vision but I had to grab my old bifocals to write bills. I should have gone back but didnt until next year.  I didnt realize that you dont have the same area to look thru that you would have with trifocals but a "sweet spot".  After they figured it out they made a note on my chart to always adjust the bifocal part by a certain amount.  They were always ok after that.  I always hated picking up a new pair and having a problem because they always said to wear them for awhile because my eyes had to adjust.  Then come back.  We lived far enough out that it was hard to get back.  One pair I refused to leave.  At that point I had bifocals and we figured out on one lens the bifocal line was in my line of vision.(We figured it out and not them.)  If my glasses were right I never had a problem with them when first putting them on at the office including my first pair of bifocals.

Good afternoon,after lunch I'll be on the big computer he brought from home,that way I get to see my other forum too the meals here are hit and miss,and depending if I had a bad boutique of UC

• Like 1

Well guess what? It rained at 7:35 last night. At least they were close on that prediction! It's been raining again since 3:30pm. I don't know where all this moisture is coming from but, I should have some beautiful roses this summer.

Other than that, I did pick up a book last night and started reading again. It's a pretty good series too. No crochet though. I just cannot for the life of me get enthused. I know it will hit me all of a sudden and off I go! LOL

Take care!

Edited by ReniC
  • Haha 1

Tina,

Feel like I am thinking  with half a brain,misplaced the Addy and birthrate please resend,feel like I'm working with half a brain,sorry

30 minutes ago, pineknott said:

Tina,

Feel like I am thinking  with half a brain,misplaced the Addy and birthrate please resend,feel like I'm working with half a brain,sorry

That is ok, you have a lot going on my friend.

I sent that information to you through the ville messenger.

Hello everyone.

It is a beautiful day here and the Golf is over, so we have our roads back.

Can't believe Easter is Sunday.  DH will be happy to know that this friday is his last NO MEAT Friday.  Lent is over and we can go back to normal meals.

Sunday will be Ham for me and Lamb Chops for DH.  I remember growing up we always had a pound of butter shapped into a Lamb for the table.    In my Easter basket growing up was a white chocolate hollow egg filled.  My little sister use to get a coconut cream egg and my oldest sister would always have a big hollow Bunny.  She would always say she had the biggest piece of chocolate in her basked.  My little sister and I use to shave the bottom of the Bunny, till she noticed, then threw her fit.

That was the funniest story of Easter in my family.

Hang in there Lyn, your other half is just resting.

Have a fun day.

• Haha 1

Hello everyone.

I have to make a trip to the thank you thread, as I got another card today.

I was unable to get cards out for Easter, I feel bad, but if I ordered them, I would not get them till next Monday, the day after Easter. So no cards this year.

Watching clouds speed by, some very dark but no rain, they are dumping it in Tampa. :sigh

Well off to see what the tv has to offer.

Mary Jo, I wish we could share some of our rain with you. The radar doesn't look too bad, but it's really been coming down.

I went to a neighbor's house with the grands this weekend for an Easter egg hunt/party. Lots of fun.

Today was the dentist apt; got a crown--all in one visit. Then ran by Walmart for a couple of things, picked up lunch and came home. Hopefully my jaw won't be sore for too long.

Tomorrow is baby grand day. Then Wednesday hopefully back to the eye doctor.

I can't believe it's the end of March already.

Yeah, This month just moved really fast.  Having 2 holidays in the same month does not help.

I have discovered I am a whiner.  Not all the time and definitely not in front of DH, only here.  I know you all have a lot more problems then I do, health wise.

The arthritis is acting up on the left arm.  I made a comment to DH that I can't lift my left arm, passed my boobie, with out pain.  So Mr. Smarty Pants, says, So don't raise it above the boobie.   He thinks he is funny.

Anyway, I only ususally complain about the COLD, I do not like it.  I try not to complain about my aches and pains.  Let's face it my life is DULL.  I travel with you guys even if it is just going to the store.

I am breaking out in a couple of months, I have a Dr. appointment, he said no more virtural.  He needs to see me.  Yeah.

Pity party is over and thank you for listening.  I will be quite now and go to bed.

Hey  Mona good luck at the eye Dr.   The party sounded like fun.

Good Night everyone.

11 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Yeah, This month just moved really fast.  Having 2 holidays in the same month does not help.

I have discovered I am a whiner.  Not all the time and definitely not in front of DH, only here.  I know you all have a lot more problems then I do, health wise.

The arthritis is acting up on the left arm.  I made a comment to DH that I can't lift my left arm, passed my boobie, with out pain.  So Mr. Smarty Pants, says, So don't raise it above the boobie.   He thinks he is funny.

Anyway, I only ususally complain about the COLD, I do not like it.  I try not to complain about my aches and pains.  Let's face it my life is DULL.  I travel with you guys even if it is just going to the store.

I am breaking out in a couple of months, I have a Dr. appointment, he said no more virtural.  He needs to see me.  Yeah.

Pity party is over and thank you for listening.  I will be quite now and go to bed.

Good Night everyone.

You aren't a whiner, everyone has their breaking point with pain.  I don't think you whine about the cold that much, heck if anyone is a whiner about weather, it is me and the snow, I am still looking for the delete winter button. lol.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Night everyone.

Doesnt really seem like anyone here is a whiner.  Besides they say a little wine is good for you Just sharing whats going on.  When I wake up if something does not hurt I will know that I have died.  I really hate going to bed at night knowing how crummy I will feel in the morning.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was feeling sorry for myself.  I get that way once in a while.  I know it is the arthritis and not a frozen shoulder, is that mostly it is movable.  I have SolanPas stuff to put on it during the day and it helps.

Yeah, I take inventory of all the aches and pains before I get up.  I had to laugh at the comment of having no pain.  

We can all say, I feel your pain and know how you feel.

Thanks for the back patting, I guess I needed that.

So this will be her second Easter before her first birthday.  I havent gotten to see her for 6 weeks now between dh having covid, then she and her mom being sick, and her mom's work schedule.  They change so fast in 6 weeks.  She is playing with Gigi's (Gee gee is what my sister is calling herself) baskets and eggs.  The wire basket has rock eggs in it.  

IMG_3900.thumb.jpg.02e735fd5eb1db88bd28bad5a5f7c551.jpg

IMG_3920.thumb.jpg.f643295b2ba84463232bb7a5b9e0709e.jpg

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bgs said:

So this will be her second Easter before her first birthday.  I havent gotten to see her for 6 weeks now between dh having covid, then she and her mom being sick, and her mom's work schedule.  They change so fast in 6 weeks.  She is playing with Gigi's (Gee gee is what my sister is calling herself) baskets and eggs.  The wire basket has rock eggs in it.  

IMG_3900.thumb.jpg.02e735fd5eb1db88bd28bad5a5f7c551.jpg

IMG_3920.thumb.jpg.f643295b2ba84463232bb7a5b9e0709e.jpg

Awww, she is adorable Brenda.  What a beautiful picture.

Good Morning.  Waiting for my grocery order. 

I can not believe Easter is Sunday.

Clouds, waiting for the maybe rain we have been promised.

Lawn guy has been here.

So as soon as I can, I will get tomy corner.

hello all  wishing you APPY eASTER EVERYONE  

mj LOVELY DECORS just so pretty  

well nithing much hear much to say, tripped the other day, teaked the back and the knee but re cooping quiickly i think my color bone too was a bit achy but all ok almost now 

so, here i am seaming again got my 2 for april all finished and will joto and pack um up soon   for april  2 to the box thus time, out of boxes nw lol will get mote at home depot next week  hey hold 3 per box lol 

ok well good seeing you all nmake sure to take care of each other lol  see ya soon  katie