Striped Bag... with pictures!

Deb

Here's my latest. It was a possible gift item... but I don't think I'll be able to part with it. :)h It was love at first fulling. :wink

Here are the before views. The bag measured 25.5 inches wide and 17 inches high.

feltStripeB41-03-2005.jpg

close ups:

feltStripeB4cu1-03-2005.jpgfeltStripeB4cu2-03-2005.jpg

After shot. Promise not to drool! haha!

Finished size = 17.5 inches wide, 14 inches high.

feltStripeAfter1-03-2005.jpg

I am so completely hooked on this. I know exactly what the females in my family are getting for Christmas this year. :wink

oh deb that is beautiful, what talent you have girl, wish i could work with wool, i am jealous!!!:rotfl oh well better to be jealous and not break out then to get wool yarn and try felting!!!!:loco great job, vicki

Jewels ~ glad you asked. I have been meaning to Sing Praises to the makers of this lovely tool. I am completely and utterly in love with it. :heart

:sb Here I go!

I used the Embellish Knit tool. I got it at JoAnn's using a 40% off coupon. Yes, it cost a bit more than the old knitty knobby... but it is so much easier to use. You will never (and I do mean NEVER) regret spending the extra money for it. It is well worth EVERY PENNY! :twocents

Thanks for the no drooling warning -- too bad I didn't follow it!! Beautiful bag! :clap

luvtocraft makes mental note -- must learn to felt!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Deb, I'm wanting to try this fulling thing, and I have a very dear friend with a birthday coming up real soon. Since she always carries lot so of stuff with her, a large tote like yours would be perfect. What pattern did you use? And how did you secure the handle? I really want to try this, and your's look simple but perfect!

Thanx, Patty

Great job, Deb. It's a beautiful bag. I got my wool from Smiley's today and will make my first felted bag tomorrow with it. Am going to use my Epiphany Bag pattern since it's what I designed the pattern for. Will post pix when done. :knit

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

This is beautiful Deb and the colors are so nice! I know I am going to sound really dumb here, but I am completely knew to this: what is the difference between felting and fulling? Any help would be appreciated!

Archived