2023 Stashbusting CAL

I'm sorry I wasn't here last week, but I had 0 points anyway. I did some gardening when it wasn't :2rain, so everything looks great. Besides veggies, I'm getting a lot of purslane (an edible "weed") in my garden. It used to drive me :loco until I found out it was good for you. I just wish it would grow in one spot, not all over the place :lol . I finished a small minion, some butterflies and turtles. I used 2 balls and rolled a skein down (+3) :yay. I have to work Sat. so I don't think I'll get any more points this week. 

WTD: + 3  YTD: + 84

Ellie 13

I planted purslane in three pots in the middle of my front yard this year. It's always hard to find something that will survive the summer in full sun in concrete pots when I don't water very well. The lady at the nursery recommended it. I didn't realize it was edible.

WTD scores for the week ending 7/1/23:

Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +3

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +2

Holding steady:

PBLKNP 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

No Shoot the Moon winner this week!

Where is everyone :think ? I used up 12 small balls making 4 pocket prayer shawls, 6 butterflies, 3 turtles and 1 ladybug. (+12) :yay . Yesterday I went to Michaels to get magnets for the butterflies and also got 6 small, discounted skeins at 2/ $1 (-12). All that work and I get nothing :sigh . 

WTD: 0    YTD: + 84

Ellie 13

On 7/1/2023 at 7:52 AM, greyhoundgrandma said:

I planted purslane in three pots in the middle of my front yard this year. It's always hard to find something that will survive the summer in full sun in concrete pots when I don't water very well. The lady at the nursery recommended it. I didn't realize it was edible.

I didn't know you could buy purslane, it just kept popping up every year. Now that I know what it is, I let it grow. 

Ellie 13

The people in my apartment building are having a yard sale next week, so I've been cleaning out. I found some bags/boxes of :yarn and gave some away (+8) :yay . I also found some potholders and Christmas stockings from last year, maybe I can sell them. Some of the others are going to donate their money to a charity. 

WTD: + 8   YTD:  + 92

Ellie 13

Walmart clearance caught me just when I was so close to being out of the negatives. LOL 5 skeins of simply soft in girlie/baby colors, a RH purple ombre, and 2 colors/6 skeins of LB Mandala Sequin. My GDs will love that one.

WTD -24   YTD -25

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Walmart clearance caught me just when I was so close to being out of the negatives. LOL 5 skeins of simply soft in girlie/baby colors, a RH purple ombre, and 2 colors/6 skeins of LB Mandala Sequin. My GDs will love that one.

WTD -24   YTD -25

It leaped into your cart, didn’t it??? :lol