2023 Stashbusting CAL

Looks like everyone has points this week. I finished the body of the minion and rolled a skein down (+ 1) :cheer .  My mom sent me a box of scrap quilt batting, it's great for stuffing the arm/legs. I got a bag of :yarn Tues., mostly baby, sock and multi color stuff. Since I didn't keep it, I didn't count it (X in, X out = 0). When I finish this minion, I have to make 2 small minions. I might have to get more yellow :yarn

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 73

Ellie 13

WTD scores for the week ending 5/27/23:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +20

Silver Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +2

Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +1

Holding steady:

PBLKNP 0

No Shoot the Moon winner this week!

YTD scores for the end of May:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +154

Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +73

Bronze Medal Winner: PBLKNP +22

May's Shoot the Moon winner: greyhoundgrandma -1

Aren't we making great progress!

Been having trouble with my computer. It didn't want to go online, it kept dropping the connection (maybe a problem with my friend's WiFi :think). I thought about going to Cafe Nero last week, but it rained. I finished the minion and a ball (+1) :cheer. I have to get more yellow :yarn and some Sugar & Cream cotton. It's supposed to be raining all weekend, so maybe I'll wait until next week. I might get some more points by Sat. 

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 74

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

1 hour ago, Ellie 13 said:

Been having trouble with my computer. It didn't want to go online, it kept dropping the connection (maybe a problem with my friend's WiFi :think). I thought about going to Cafe Nero last week, but it rained. I finished the minion and a ball (+1) :cheer. I have to get more yellow :yarn and some Sugar & Cream cotton. It's supposed to be raining all weekend, so maybe I'll wait until next week. I might get some more points by Sat. 

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 74

Ellie 13

Wow!  I also was having issues with my internet today.  I’m in CT.  Call me nuts, but I’m wondering if it was due to the noxious smoke we’ve been getting from the wildfires - perhaps the crud has been gumming up something.  I called COX and they swore there were no outages or issues in the area.  They had me reboot the router and my work computer and it finally went back to normal, but it was slow.  My internet is finally back to a normal speed (now that I don’t need it for work), and ironically, the air quality is now “good.”  

Still crafting away…still zilch for yarn used up.  I did have a wonderful day at our LYS for “Knitting in Public Day.”  They had at least 20 people knitting and crocheting outdoors at the shop—it was such fun catching up with people! 

WTD = 0

:bang

I used up the last small ball of yellow making arms for the 2 small minions (+1). I made the shoes and eyes too. Now I have to get more yellow :yarn for the bodies. I'll make some more pocket prayer shawls with some balls of :yarn and get some points before I go to Michael's. I planted peppers, beans, tomatoes, cucumbers and eggplants. They're looking good, the rain the last few days has helped.

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 75

Ellie 13

WTD scores for the week ending 6/10/23:

Gold Medal Winner: pinekott +3

Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +1

Holding steady:

PBLKNP 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

I made 12 pocket prayer shawls and 3 butterflies. I used 8 balls (+8)  :yay . I went to Michael's Mon., and got some magnets for the butterflies and yellow :yarn for the minions (-2). It :2rainFri. night, all day yesterday and it might :2rain today too :sigh . The good thing is, my garden is growing great. I'll have to weed it as soon as it stops. 

WTD: + 6  YTD: + 81

Ellie 13

To all the dads out there:  HAPPY FATHER'S DAY !!

WTD scores for the week ending 6/17/23:

Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +6

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +1

Holding steady:

PBLKNP 0

greyhoundgrandma 0