2023 Stashbusting CAL

Just got in the latest Mary Maxim kit club afghan kit.....-20. This one--Wistful Waves Throw-- is tunisian which I've never done, much less in afghan size. Yikes!

I also just canceled the subscription. I think this is the 5th kit and I've just started working on one of them. It's an easy to remember two row repeat--Simple Ripple Throw--a wave rather than a chevron.

I got rid of a bag of tangled :yarn this week. It was so messed up I just weighed it and got a little over 9 oz. That's a little more than a skein (7oz.), so I'll call it 1 skein and a small ball (+ 3). I finished the mushroom and I'm almost done with a minion. 2 more minions to go. I hope to have a couple more skeins gone by next week. 

WTD: + 3  YTD: + 66

Ellie 13

• Like 1

I finished the crochet top! It’s a bit chilly to pose for a picture, to show what it looks like, but it came out well—I did briefly try it on and it fits, thankfully.  I’m now working on the baby blanket, so I managed to use up another skein.  

WTD = +2  YTD = +20

:clap :manyheart 

I didn't get to post last week. I was 0 anyway. I used a skein making a minion and 1/2 of another (+ 2) :yay . I finished the 2nd minion and I'm working on the 3rd one. I should be able to finish it and use up the 2nd skein by Sat. A co-worker gave me a bag of :yarn, mostly wool which I can't use (I get itchy), so I gave it away. I kept 2 small balls of a nice blue (- 2), so I made 7 pocket prayer shawls (+2) :cheer . 

WTD: + 2  YTD: + 68

Ellie 13

I managed to use up another skein!  I’m almost done with the body of my baby blanket and will shortly start the edging.

WTD = +2

:manyheart

WTD scores for the week ending 5/6/23:

Gold Medal Winners:  PBLKNP +2

greyhoundgrandma +2

Ellie 13 +2

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +1

No Shoot the Moon winner this week!

I finished the minion and the skein of :yarn (+2).  Now I have to make another minion (when will this end?). I made another mushroom earing holder, used a ball (+1). I got a1/2 skein back from a friend who took one last month, so I rolled it down (+1). It's been a good week for me :yay .

WTD: + 4   YTD: + 72

Ellie 13

To all the moms: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !!

I’m almost done with the baby blanket!  I seem to be bitten by “finish-itis”, though!  I have to wash and block the crochet top, and I have to sew the little sheep onto the baby blanket.  I seem to be putting off both.  So, for the week:

WTD = 0

:sheepjump

Didn't use any :yarn this week. Looks like everyone is at 0 this week. I did finish a minion and started another one though. when I get the body for this one done, I'll be able to roll a skein down. Maybe I'll have a point or two for next week.

WTD:  0  YTD:  + 72

Ellie 13