2023 Stashbusting CAL

I did some :crocheting, I made 2 little stuffed spiders and started an octopus. I used 1 ball and rolled a skein down (+2) :yay.  I might get some more :yarn used this week. I peddled and tried to :crocheting, but it didn't work too well, so I read 2 Nancy Drew books last week. I lost some more weight, about 38 lbs since last Nov. :cheer .

My garden has given up for the season, only some green tomatoes left :sigh . I guess it's time to make India relish again (red/green tomatoes red/green peppers and onions). 

WTD: + 2   YTD: + 114

Ellie 13

I made 3 quarts of Inda relish last week. I've been :crocheting pumpkin, spider and ghost pins I used 3 small balls :yarn (+3). I have to make 2 more stuffed spiders for tomorrow. Also, my diet is going well, I lost about 6 more lbs. since last week :cheer, 44 (+/-) total. In the next few days I'm going to work on Halloween stuff. I hope to use more :yarn this week.

WTD: + 3   YTD: + 117

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

Well, all, I have a pretty good excuse this week for not using up a skein. I started feeling like I was having bad allergies on Tuesday (congestion, sore throat, coughing, etc. ). On Wednesday, I began having aches and pains, that I thought was due to overexercise. By yesterday I was feeling way worse, so I took one of those home Covid tests, and sure enough, I have it. Thankfully, our doctor was able to prescribe Paxlovid for both of us (ironically, my spouse is still testing negative), just in case my spouse gets it, too. I feel like I’ve been run over by a truck. We think I may have contracted it when we went on vacation to Niagara Falls and to the Comedy and the Lucy & Desi Museums in Jamestown, NY - it’s the only unusual thing we’ve done that involved crowds of people. So, I’ve attempted to do some knitting and crocheting, but haven’t really accomplished anything. I have asthma, so we’re praying that this doesn’t get worse. 🤒

Pam, hope you're thru the worst of it and all better soon. I've heard of a few people around here having it but it doesn't seem to be wide spread.

I have no excuse, except for babysitting different combinations of the grands this week. It doesn't take a lot for me to be tired. DS is starting his busy season when he's on call 24/7, so I'm the back-up when he's not available or if he's called out.

WTD 0

• Like 1

I’m doing somewhat better…I took the entire week off work to try to get better.  I’m currently testing negative, but I still feel vile.  However, I FINALLY used up a skein!  I’ve been working on the sweater I’ve been meaning to finish.  So:

WTD  +2  YTD  +24

:manyheart

2 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

WTD scores for the week ending 9/30/23:

Gold Medal Winner: PBLKNP +2

greyhoundgrandma 0

No Shoot the Moon winner this week!

Holy cow! A gold medal! Hopefully I can keep up this pace. 😎

1 hour ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I ordered an afghan kit from Mary Maxim--I know, I really did NOT need it--and it came in today, 16 skeins, so  -32.

Those afghan kits are hard to pass up!!! 🤣

2 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

Those afghan kits are hard to pass up!!! 🤣

I usually get the kits on sale and always rationalize that it's good because the kit is cheaper than I could buy the yarn separately. Besides you never know when they'll stop making yarn and  you'll have to survive with whatever you have in your stash. LOL

Lately I haven't been able to connect to WIFI, so I haven't here since Sept. 17th. Since I've started my diet/exercise program I've been doing more peddling and reading than :crocheting . Since Aug., I've read Sleep No More (6 short stories by P.D. James), 5 Nancy Drews, Alice in wonderland and 2 in The Cat Who... series (by Lilian Jackson Braun). I'm doing great, I've lost around 47 lbs. since last Nov. :yay . As for my :crocheting, I've made 4 stuffed spiders and over 30 Halloween pins. I used 4 small balls and rolled a skein down (+5) :cheer .

WTD: + 5   YTD:  + 122

Ellie 13

11 hours ago, Ellie 13 said:

Lately I haven't been able to connect to WIFI, so I haven't here since Sept. 17th. Since I've started my diet/exercise program I've been doing more peddling and reading than :crocheting . Since Aug., I've read Sleep No More (6 short stories by P.D. James), 5 Nancy Drews, Alice in wonderland and 2 in The Cat Who... series (by Lilian Jackson Braun). I'm doing great, I've lost around 47 lbs. since last Nov. :yay . As for my :crocheting, I've made 4 stuffed spiders and over 30 Halloween pins. I used 4 small balls and rolled a skein down (+5) :cheer .

WTD: + 5   YTD:  + 122

Ellie 13

Ellie, I haven't read any of the cat books in ages, but always enjoyed them. It sounds like you've found the weight loss formula that works for you. Very impressive progress. 

I actually used up a skein this week, almost two. I'm using some Lion Brand Mandala skeins with tiny little sequins in it that I got on sale at Walmart a while back to make the GDs each a shawl.  +2

WTD -30   YTD -67