2023 Stashbusting CAL

I didn't get here last week but had 0 points anyway. I'm doing O.K. with my diet/exercise and I'm 1/2 way through the 4th The Cat Who... book (boxed set). I haven't lost much weight for a while (an ounce or two, no lbs. though :sigh). My parents 67th anniversary is Oct. 20th and my family is getting together the 22nd. I know I'll blow my diet then. I gave the octopus to my co-worker, and she loved it. Now I have to make one for a baby who'll be 1 on Thanksgiving. I need to go to Michael's for pins and more stuffing. I'll try not to let any :yarn get into my basket :lol .

WTD: 0   YTD:  + 122

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

Sorry I didn't get here last week. I was good, only got what I needed at Michael's last week. I finished the blue octopus and used a skein (+ 2). I also made more ghost, spider and pumpkin pins, used a ball (+ 1). I'm down a pound on my diet :yay . I finished all The Cat Who... books and started reading some young kids "chapter" books. Just finished Birdie's Billions and I'm 1/2 way through The Wild Robot (free from a box at the church). When I'm done, I'll return them and add a few I don't want any more. 

WTD: + 3  YTD:  + 125

Ellie 13

I was hoping to get through another skein, but no luck! I’m still feeling sluggish and tired from being sick, so it was tough to get motivated to work on my sweater. So:

WTD = 0

:sheepjump

WTD scores for the week ending 10/21/23:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +5

Silver Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +4

Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +3

Holding steady: PBLKNP 0

No Shoot the Moon winner this week!

I gave a skein to my friend (+2) :cheer . I'm almost done with a 3rd octopus, and I should finish a skein (or roll it down) by tonight. I finished reading The Wild Robot. I had to buy book 2, The wild Robot Escapes because the 1st one ended with unanswered questions. There's a 3rd one too, but only in hard cover :(

WTD: + 2   YTD: + 127

Ellie 13

• Like 1

No scores yet :think ? I finished the octopus and made 2 pocket prayer shawls to finish the skein :cheer (+2). I also used 2 small balls on more pocket prayer shawls (+2) :yay . Adding 4 more points to my score for the week.

WTD: + 6   YTD: +131

Ellie 13

I used 2 balls making turkey pins (+2) :yay . Now I need to make some more turtles, so I got all my green :yarn out. None of them looked good together, so I took a scrap of each to Michael's and found one that look good with 3 of the samples (-2) :( . I got a lot of exercise Tues. night when I went Trick-or-Treating for the food pantry and UNICEF (did good too), so I didn't peddle/read Wed. night. I finished the 2nd robot book last night and started reading The Other Merlin (Merlin's twin sister impersonates him).

WTD:  0   YTD:  + 131

Ellie 13

I did manage to roll a ball working on the cardigan, so:

WTD = +1

:sheepjump

I’m attempting to use up the leftover skein. My step-daughter’s mother-in-law was admiring the color of the yarn I was using for the cardigan, so I’ve decided to make her a winter hat with the rest of the yarn. She sort of knows she’s getting this, as I had to measure her head! 🤣🤣🤣