2023 Stashbusting CAL

Well, easy come, easy go!  I brought all that yarn to the yarn swap sale setup last week, and this week I bought 3 skeins! 😂 The sale was to benefit a local cat rescue/shelter—how could I NOT buy anything? 🐈‍⬛ I found 3 skeins of Lion Brand Jiffy Thick & Quick in a beautiful variegated color, which will be ideal for a small project I’m planning.  So:

Stashbuster Total: WTD  -6  YTD  +12

:clap

No scores yet :think? That's O.K., I got 0 anyway. I went back to work last week so not much :crocheting time. I made a bunch of bunny pins and I'm working on a mushroom earring/ring holder (thanks to those who helped me get the pattern). I'll try to get some :yarn used this week. 

WTD: 0   YTD: + 57

P.S. it turns out I was adding my YTD scores wrong. WTD is correct though.

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

March's YTD scores:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +119

Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +57

Bronze Medal Winner: PBLKNP +12

greyhoundgrandma +10

YTD scores are all positives! Great stash busting!

3 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

WTD scores for the week ending 3/25/23:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +15

greyhoundgrandma 0

Ellie 13 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -6

I will make a note to do the totals next week!  Hopefully I’ll have used up a skein, at least. 

I’ll try to get the totals done around 10:30 tomorrow.  This week I’m in the positive! I used up a skein on the crochet top. It’s been lots of fun taking the class/crochet-along with my friend. 😎❤️

For the Week Ending on 4/1/2023:

Gold Medal Winner!   pineknott  +10

Silver Medal Winner! PBLKNP  +2

Holding steady!

greyhoundgrandma  0

NO SHOOT THE MOON!!!

Thanks all, and have a joyous week!  :manyheart :clap

Sorry I didn't get my scores in. Just + 1, I'll add it to this week. I'm working on bunny pins, a stuffed bunny and I need to make more minions, so I'll have to get more yellow :yarn this week. Maybe if I use enough :yarn it'll cancel out what I buy :lol . 

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 58

Ellie 13

I'm going to put my totals in now, as - no matter which project I'm going to work on today - I won't use up a skein anytime soon!  I'm making slow, but steady progress on the crochet top.  

WTD = 0

:manyheart:hook

taking time away from the bird nests and doing some shawls with whole skeins instead of bits and bobs,I like my scarves like that but not the shawls, unless I could get them to look like Brenda's ( Bgs )

wtd + 3 ytd + 122

Just now, pineknott said:

taking time away from the bird nests and doing some shawls with whole skeins instead of bits and bobs,I like my scarves like that but not the shawls, unless I could get them to look like Brenda's ( Bgs )

wtd + 3 ytd + 135

Used/bought :yarn so my total is + 1 :cheer. I'm at my parents for Easter, so I saved the postage and brought the hats with me. Did some :crocheting on the bus/subway ride. Tonight mom and I will play cards so no :crocheting until tomorrow (maybe). My bro, his friend, sis, and bro in law are coming tomorrow. Mom and I are making a big Easter dinner. I might sneak in a little :crocheting time here/there.

:rose   HAPPY EASTER !   :rabbit

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 59

Ellie 13

Scores for the week ending 4/8/23:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +3

Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +1

Holding steady:

PBLKNP 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

No Shoot the Moon winner this week!

HAPPY EASTER!!

I didn’t think it would happen, but I managed to use up a skein!  I’m almost done with the crochet top, and I’m hoping to get back to the crochet blanket.

WTD = +2 

:clap

I made some pocket prayer shawls this week. I used up 8 small balls (+ 8) :yay. I needed more yellow, so I went to Michael's and got 2 skeins :( (- 4). I'm working on 3 more minions and another mushroom earing holder. I sorted out all the balls/partial skeins I dragged out of the closet while looking for something. I may use/get rid of some this week.

WTD: + 4   YTD: + 63

Ellie 13