2023 Stashbusting CAL

Sorry I didn't get to post last week, only had + 1 anyway. Bad news, I was having trouble with pain in my leg, used a lot of Icy/Hot to get through work. Sat./Sun I thought I could rest up, but my leg bothered me too much. Sat. I took a bus to the ER, when I got there, I nearly collapsed. I have a blood clot again, worse than before (5 - 6 yrs ago :think). I had to stay overnight, no computer, ran low on :yarn, nothing good on TV and bad food :yuck (not to mention the gown). Got home late Sun., a PT guy came yesterday and made me do exercises, then he told me to do them every day. They'll call and maybe send someone tomorrow. Good news, now that I'm 62 (as of Feb. 13), the insurance will cover a lot more. I did some more :crocheting so my score this week is + 2.

WTD:  + 2   YTD:  + 20

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

1 hour ago, Ellie 13 said:

Sorry I didn't get to post last week, only had + 1 anyway. Bad news, I was having trouble with pain in my leg, used a lot of Icy/Hot to get through work. Sat./Sun I thought I could rest up, but my leg bothered me too much. Sat. I took a bus to the ER, when I got there, I nearly collapsed. I have a blood clot again, worse than before (5 - 6 yrs ago :think). I had to stay overnight, no computer, ran low on :yarn, nothing good on TV and bad food :yuck (not to mention the gown). Got home late Sun., a PT guy came yesterday and made me do exercises, then he told me to do them every day. They'll call and maybe send someone tomorrow. Good news, now that I'm 62 (as of Feb. 13), the insurance will cover a lot more. I did some more :crocheting so my score this week is + 2.

WTD:  + 2   YTD:  + 20

Ellie 13

That's quite a weekend adventure! Hope you're feeling better and that the exercises get you fixed up.

I managed to get through a skein with the sweater I’m making.  On Friday, I took the day off and took a ride out to the LYS.  I signed up for their upcoming crochet-along (it’s this:  https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cherie-9).  A good friend of mine is also doing the crochet-along, so it should be fun!  I had to get 3 skeins, just in case I decide to do the larger size - thankfully I had gift cards, because the yarn was a bit on the pricy side.  SO:

WTD = -4

:manyheart

• Like 1

WTD scores for the week ending 3/4/23:

Gold Medal Winner:  Pineknott +12

Silver Medal Winner: LegalWoman17 +6

Bronze Medal Winner:  Yarn Boy +2

Holding Steady:  GreyhoundGrandma:  0

Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -4

We are ALL awesome!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, LegalWoman17 said:

WTD scores for the week ending 3/4/23:

Gold Medal Winner:  Pineknott +12

Silver Medal Winner: LegalWoman17 +6

Bronze Medal Winner:  Yarn Boy +2

Holding Steady:  GreyhoundGrandma:  0

Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -4

We are ALL awesome!!!!

Okay, I’ll make a note to do the scores next week! 🤣

Okay, I have a confession. I screwed up on my totals. My spouse reminded me that I ALSO got one other Zauberball skein from a friend for my birthday, so my actual total was -6. 

I've been out of work since Feb. 27th and I'm doing much better. I have to use a cane, and if I go out, I use my folding shopping cart as a walker. I've been to the CVS up the street a couple of times last week. If I can stand for 2 1/2 - 3 hrs., I can go back to work (maybe 5 hrs. a day) Yesterday I took the bus to the market, I used a motorized mart-cart there. I did a lot of :crocheting and used a lot of :yarn. I finished making 2 mini minions and another big one, used 2 balls and rolled a skein down (+ 3) :cheer. I started making baby hats again, got 8 done, used 4 balls and rolled 2 skeins down (+ 6)  :yay . I might go back to work next week, until then, :crocheting:crocheting:crocheting.

WTD:  + 9   YTD:  + 29

Ellie 13

Ellie, I'm glad you're making progress!

I rolled a skein into a ball today....+1. I've got to weave in the ends on the Christmas Candy Stripes afghan--no, I didn't do any of it as I went contrary to instructions. LOL Then the last kit--the border.

I'm doing all my exercises and feeling good. A PT guy is coming this afternoon, I hope they O.K. me for work next week, I'm going :loco. Being able to :crocheting all day is fun but, I didn't think I would miss working. I have 10 hats and another ball gone (+ 1). I'm doing laundry, so I did my exercises and will :crocheting in the basement while I wait. Adding another point to my week/year score.

WTD: + 10   YTD: + 30

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13
  • Like 1

For the Week Ending on 3/11/2022:

Gold Medal Winner!    pineknott  +20

Silver Medal Winner!  Ellie 13  +10

Bronze Medal Winner!    greyhoundgrandma  +1

More stash to play with!  

PBLKNP  -2

SHOOT THE MOON!!!   

YarnyBoy  -40

Thanks all, and have a joyous week!

I mailed out 14 hats. I made another mini minion and 10 more hats. I used 3 balls, rolled down a skein and gave 2 skeins away (+8) :cheer . I have been given the O.K. to go back to work next week. I'll start with 5 hrs. a day for 4 days and see how it goes. 

WTD: + 8  YTD: + 38

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

On 3/11/2023 at 3:24 PM, YarnyBoy said:

WTD: -40  YTD: 7

So...we went to Goodwill today and yeah. They had "some" yarn there and we couldn't help ourselves.

IMG_20230311_151058.jpg

We’ve all been there… 😂 😂 😂 

FINALLY got in the positives!  Our yarn shop is having a yarn swap next weekend and needed donations.  I brought her 16 skeins.  Granted, next weekend will probably be a different story when they have the event next weekend and I see all that yarn! But until then…

WTD = +32

:clap :sheepjump

I've been making hats all week. I have 30 more to mail out next week. I used up all the balls/partial skeins of baby :yarn I had (+ 11) :cheer. I can go back to work next week :yay so less :crocheting next week. I found some doll dresses I :crocheting from I don't remember when. I also have some peach :yarn, so maybe I'll make some dolls.

WTD: +19   YTD: +49

Ellie 13