Collar and Cuff set done in size 150 thread

Katchkan

I know I have said that I have crocheted with size 150 thread.:eek Well when I was picking out items to share with Lori I ran across this set. It is a old Coats and Clarks pattern that I fell in love with and just had to do. Anyway I thought I would share it with everyone. There was a lot of work in this one. Done In DMC size 150 that I found at an antique mall. I used a size 14 hook It is so nice to be able to share these things with others who care. Collarandcuffs.jpg

cuff.jpg

Detailshot.jpgscaleshot.jpg

Holy cow! I can't even manage to work with Size 10 thread! Are you INSANE?

Ok, now that I've said that, It is incredible! I honestly didn't think people actually made these things! I thought for sure they were done by machine! You should sell these things and go into business.

150 thread???! :eek:faint

I am absolutely SPEECHLESS!

:manyheart:c9:manyheart:c9

That is some real eye-candy for sure! I am in total AWE of your talents!

WOW!

I crocheted a sixteenth of a doily once with size 30 thread and it nearly drove me nuts.

I am in awe of anyone who makes something that beautiful out of thread that fine. Amazing!:nworthy

:eek I had never heard of 150 thread :eek is that like sewing thread??

You are amazing :nworthy

I hadn't heard of it either till I found a box of it in an antique mall. there were seven balls 20 grams. DMC Cordonnet special. I still have 3 and 1/2 balls. And yes it is a lot like sewing thread. Just a better quality since it was made to be crocheted. with. I have found several old patterns that actually called for it. You wont find it now a days.

I hadn't heard of it either till I found a box of it in an antique mall. there were seven balls 20 grams. DMC Cordonnet special. I still have 3 and 1/2 balls. And yes it is a lot like sewing thread. Just a better quality since it was made to be crocheted. with. I have found several old patterns that actually called for it. You wont find it now a days.

Oh, Kathy,

They are gorgeous beyond words and yes, I too am in awe. It is wonderful that you shares these with us and even more wonderful knowing that that size 150 didn't sit there in the mall and rot but got a second life making many happy and awestruck. Thanks for sharing but more importantly, thanks for keeping an old art alive.

Pam

Beautiful. I didn't people did things like this any more. I have been wanting too since my grandmother did them years ago. Now you have inspired me to give it a try.

You found the thread at an antique mall? I wonder if anyone online sells them. Maybe I will start with something like 50!!:)

:rose Thank you all for the kind comments. :rose As you all know I have a passion for thread crochet. I love the scope and detail that I can get with thread. Don't get me wrong I love yarn also. But I Really LOVE thread. :rose

Archived