2020 Stashbusting CAL

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dragon is DONE!!!! Holy moly I'm so happy I made him but never again lol. $300 in yarn, $50 in stuffing,  96.5 hours in my hands.....I love him but I'm ready for him to go to his forever home at my mo

Hello - My name is Tricia and I have a yarn problem...  Excited to join this CAL!

Hi all!! I finished the second mer-corn and finished off 2 skeins there, then made major headway on my ginormous dragon FINALLY and used up 6 skeins there!!!  WTD +16 YTD +97 At th

Posted Images

I finished the 2nd bunny and started the 3rd. I used the rest of the 1st skein and started the 2nd skein. I gave a friend a ball of red :yarn  (+2) :cheer .  Still working 6 days/week and now we have to wear masks. Lots of $$ but not much time to :crocheting . 

WTD: + 2   YTD: + 55

Ellie 13

I was hoping to get through a skein, but such was not meant to be!  I finished a knitting project, but just got three more skeins for the Seaside Sampler Afghan from Annie's Attic this week (not that I mind the opportunity to switch gears and work on more challenging stripes):

WTD = -6

:devil

Hi all! I've been working on my Sashiko Happy Coat this week I'm about 90% done and I've decided that..as much as I love the decorative stitching in the pattern....I just can't get it right so I'm going to do my own design instead lol. Hopefully I'll be finishing it this next week. I used up 8 skeins this week. 

WTD +16

YTD +120

I made 2 earwarmers just so I wouldn't have to count the skein I received with my Furls hook. Still no real progress on the WIPs.
I'll get there, sooner or later. Still love the process.

WTD 0

Scores for the week ending 05/02/2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +16

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  greyhoundgrandma +8

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner:  Ellie 13 +2

Holding Steady: 

• howieann 0
  • TexasPurl 0
  • pineknott 0

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP  -6

Have a Happy week! 💖

Edited by TexasPurl

Oh, Lord, I’ve done it AGAIN.  Well, I’ll make a note to do the scores next week!  

I don’t about the rest of you, but my WIPs are out of control since this shut-in began.  I keep jumping from one project to another—I’ve lost track of how many I have going!  Right now, I’m working on the Seaside Sampler.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

Oh, Lord, I’ve done it AGAIN.  Well, I’ll make a note to do the scores next week!  

I don’t about the rest of you, but my WIPs are out of control since this shut-in began.  I keep jumping from one project to another—I’ve lost track of how many I have going!  Right now, I’m working on the Seaside Sampler.

Pam - I can't seem to focus on any one project these days. I found more WIPs in my back room while trying to re-organize. It was nearly overwhelming.

I finished the lap throw and a skein...+2.

I have projects that I want to start/work on, but my time is so fragmented that I've been sticking to simple/no brainer patterns. Recently I seem to be stuck on hdc between the stitches. Simple and requires no thought to pick up at odd moments.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I finished the lap throw and a skein...+2.

I have projects that I want to start/work on, but my time is so fragmented that I've been sticking to simple/no brainer patterns. Recently I seem to be stuck on hdc between the stitches. Simple and requires no thought to pick up at odd moments.

Um, pictures please! I'm happy you managed to finish a project! 

So....my bonus daughter is expecting ♡♡ and today they did the gender reveal ♡♡ and we officially have our first granddaughter on the way!!!!!! Obviously this requires me to buy yarn while it's on sale so I can get these hooks moving making stuff for her!!! Ordered 19 skeins hahaha not even sorry about the hit my score is taking this week!!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

So....my bonus daughter is expecting ♡♡ and today they did the gender reveal ♡♡ and we officially have our first granddaughter on the way!!!!!! Obviously this requires me to buy yarn while it's on sale so I can get these hooks moving making stuff for her!!! Ordered 19 skeins hahaha not even sorry about the hit my score is taking this week!!

Congratulations! 💗💗

• Like 1

Oh dear. I received 36 balls of thread & 34 skeins of yarn from my yarn angel, I purchased 6 skeins of yarn for a test that only requires 2 but they only came in packages of 3 & I cut & rolled 5 balls of t-shirt yarn. Sigh....

WTD -162

I know I’m on the hook to do totals. I’m probably going to do this by 9:00 am, as we are going to visit my mother’s grave tomorrow (we do this every Mother’s Day). It’s a long drive so we’ll be setting out early. We figure a graveyard will be a safe enough for “social distancing.”  We just won’t be able to eat at her favorite restaurant afterwards. 

• Like 2

Happy mother's day to all the mommas here ♡

I finisged my Sashiko Happy Coat (just have to find buttons) and used 4 balls on that. Then I made little pink baby sneakers for my bonus daughter's gender reveal and used 2 balls there. And then the yarn sale!! Ordered 19 skeins that are all for making baby stuff lol.

WTD -32

YTD +88

20200504_184342.jpg

13 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

I know I’m on the hook to do totals. I’m probably going to do this by 9:00 am, as we are going to visit my mother’s grave tomorrow (we do this every Mother’s Day). It’s a long drive so we’ll be setting out early. We figure a graveyard will be a safe enough for “social distancing.”  We just won’t be able to eat at her favorite restaurant afterwards. 

Pam ~ I can post later for you if you need me to. 💗