Jump to content

2020 Stashbusting CAL


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dragon is DONE!!!! Holy moly I'm so happy I made him but never again lol. $300 in yarn, $50 in stuffing,  96.5 hours in my hands.....I love him but I'm ready for him to go to his forever home at my mo

Hello - My name is Tricia and I have a yarn problem...  Excited to join this CAL!

Hi all!! I finished the second mer-corn and finished off 2 skeins there, then made major headway on my ginormous dragon FINALLY and used up 6 skeins there!!!  WTD +16 YTD +97 At th

Posted Images

I finished the 2nd bunny and started the 3rd. I used the rest of the 1st skein and started the 2nd skein. I gave a friend a ball of red :yarn  (+2) :cheer .  Still working 6 days/week and now we have to wear masks. Lots of $$ but not much time to :crocheting . 

WTD: + 2   YTD: + 55

Ellie 13

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping to get through a skein, but such was not meant to be!  I finished a knitting project, but just got three more skeins for the Seaside Sampler Afghan from Annie's Attic this week (not that I mind the opportunity to switch gears and work on more challenging stripes):

WTD = -6

:devil

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! I've been working on my Sashiko Happy Coat this week I'm about 90% done and I've decided that..as much as I love the decorative stitching in the pattern....I just can't get it right so I'm going to do my own design instead lol. Hopefully I'll be finishing it this next week. I used up 8 skeins this week. 

WTD +16

YTD +120

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I made 2 earwarmers just so I wouldn't have to count the skein I received with my Furls hook. Still no real progress on the WIPs.
I'll get there, sooner or later. Still love the process.

WTD 0

Link to post
Share on other sites

Scores for the week ending 05/02/2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +16

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  greyhoundgrandma +8

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner:  Ellie 13 +2

Holding Steady: 

  • howieann 0
  • TexasPurl 0
  • pineknott 0

 

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP  -6

 

Have a Happy week! 💖

Edited by TexasPurl
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, Lord, I’ve done it AGAIN.  Well, I’ll make a note to do the scores next week!  

I don’t about the rest of you, but my WIPs are out of control since this shut-in began.  I keep jumping from one project to another—I’ve lost track of how many I have going!  Right now, I’m working on the Seaside Sampler.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

Oh, Lord, I’ve done it AGAIN.  Well, I’ll make a note to do the scores next week!  

I don’t about the rest of you, but my WIPs are out of control since this shut-in began.  I keep jumping from one project to another—I’ve lost track of how many I have going!  Right now, I’m working on the Seaside Sampler.

Pam - I can't seem to focus on any one project these days. I found more WIPs in my back room while trying to re-organize. It was nearly overwhelming.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished the lap throw and a skein...+2.

I have projects that I want to start/work on, but my time is so fragmented that I've been sticking to simple/no brainer patterns. Recently I seem to be stuck on hdc between the stitches. Simple and requires no thought to pick up at odd moments.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I finished the lap throw and a skein...+2.

I have projects that I want to start/work on, but my time is so fragmented that I've been sticking to simple/no brainer patterns. Recently I seem to be stuck on hdc between the stitches. Simple and requires no thought to pick up at odd moments.

Um, pictures please! I'm happy you managed to finish a project! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So....my bonus daughter is expecting ♡♡ and today they did the gender reveal ♡♡ and we officially have our first granddaughter on the way!!!!!! Obviously this requires me to buy yarn while it's on sale so I can get these hooks moving making stuff for her!!! Ordered 19 skeins hahaha not even sorry about the hit my score is taking this week!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

So....my bonus daughter is expecting ♡♡ and today they did the gender reveal ♡♡ and we officially have our first granddaughter on the way!!!!!! Obviously this requires me to buy yarn while it's on sale so I can get these hooks moving making stuff for her!!! Ordered 19 skeins hahaha not even sorry about the hit my score is taking this week!!

Congratulations! 💗💗

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dear. I received 36 balls of thread & 34 skeins of yarn from my yarn angel, I purchased 6 skeins of yarn for a test that only requires 2 but they only came in packages of 3 & I cut & rolled 5 balls of t-shirt yarn. Sigh....

WTD -162

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I’m on the hook to do totals. I’m probably going to do this by 9:00 am, as we are going to visit my mother’s grave tomorrow (we do this every Mother’s Day). It’s a long drive so we’ll be setting out early. We figure a graveyard will be a safe enough for “social distancing.”  We just won’t be able to eat at her favorite restaurant afterwards. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy mother's day to all the mommas here ♡

I finisged my Sashiko Happy Coat (just have to find buttons) and used 4 balls on that. Then I made little pink baby sneakers for my bonus daughter's gender reveal and used 2 balls there. And then the yarn sale!! Ordered 19 skeins that are all for making baby stuff lol.

WTD -32

YTD +88

 

20200504_184342.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

I know I’m on the hook to do totals. I’m probably going to do this by 9:00 am, as we are going to visit my mother’s grave tomorrow (we do this every Mother’s Day). It’s a long drive so we’ll be setting out early. We figure a graveyard will be a safe enough for “social distancing.”  We just won’t be able to eat at her favorite restaurant afterwards. 

Pam ~ I can post later for you if you need me to. 💗

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...