2020 Stashbusting CAL

TexasPurl

I've been feverishly working on my socks and the Sophie's Universe afghan, but no skeins used up, so:

WTD = 0

YTD = -8

🐶🐶🙃🤔🤔🤔

Edited by PBLKNP

Scores for the week ending 02/22/2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: pineknott  +16

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  TexasPurl +12

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +2

Holding Steady: PBLKNP  0

Shopping Diva

• greyhoundgrandma -4
  • MalisaMeesa  -10

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner:  PAndrus -125

Have a happy week! 💖

Apologies for the late post. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 11:23 AM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Sounds like some good sales! That's a lot of yarn to use in a week! I started to tell you last time that -20 really wasn't being very bad, but thought maybe that wouldn't sound very nice. LOL Do you have plans for the yarn already?

Lots of plans!  I make baby, child, and teen afghans for the local children's hospital.  I was just told they needed blankets and so many gorgeous colors went on sale.  It was meant to be!  ❤️

• Like 1

I sent the wallet/passport pouch to my brother on Sat., he should get it by tomorrow. I should get an e-mail from him when he gets it. Meanwhile, I made 2 baby hats, 2 pocket prayer shawls and another wallet/passport pouch. I used 2 small skeins and a ball (+ 5)  :cheer. Earlier tonight, at my knit/crochet group, I taught a new member how to make a granny square. It's nice to be able to pass on your skills to someone else.

WTD:  + 5  YTD:  + 40

Ellie 13

• Like 1

I was almost done with my ginormous dragon....finished the wings, went to take pictures just before attaching them....and realized I made 2 left wings! All the detail stitches are on the wrong side of 1 of the wings! And I've woven in all my tails already so now I have to pick them all out and redo them on the other side before I can attach them. 

I was so frustrated that I put the wings into time out for the night and worked on something else....I'll fix the wing tomorrow....

received_639288376804629.jpeg

received_133252998050767.jpeg

• Sad 1

Dragon is DONE!!!! Holy moly I'm so happy I made him but never again lol. $300 in yarn, $50 in stuffing,  96.5 hours in my hands.....I love him but I'm ready for him to go to his forever home at my mom's house lol. 

And my girls are already asking for their own dragons....sigh....I told them I need some time making non-stuffed things and then I have other, SMALLER dragon patterns they can pick from lol

20200229_103754.jpg

20200229_103809.jpg

20200229_103824.jpg

• Like 3

@greyhoundgrandma - Mona- I try to skip on past those emails too. With National Crochet Month starting tomorrow, we'll be inundated with sales!

@Inkked0317 - Jessie - Your dragon is MAGNIFICENT! 

I worked on the Spice Market CAL...so slow going. I'm up to Part 7. Over 700 stitches per round now. At least it's in thread & I don't have a heavy blanket laying on me while I work. I finished off 3 skeins of thread & 1 skein of RHSS on a tote bag.

WTD +8  YTD -136

Y'all have a Happy week!

• Like 1

Another Annie's Attic shipment for the Seaside Sampler afghan came in today!  I've been slogging through some knitting projects, so I'm excited to do some more crocheting.  So:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -6  YTD -14

:devil  :manyheart

• Like 1

So I don't have any points to add from the dragon, but I did make a little lamb lovie today and used up a skein!

WTD +2

YTD +99

I got an email from a friend who is wanting to downsize her stash, so I know at some point I'm going to get a few boxes with an unknown amount of yarn in it...looking forward to that even if it means taking a hit on my points lol. 

I have several people who are asking me if I can make them a stuffie....but honestly after that dragon I just don't want to make ANYTHING stuffed for a while,  so I'm going to try my hand at some wearables for myself.  Should be interesting lol

20200229_214737.jpg

• Like 1

Scores for the week ending 02/29/2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: PAndrus  +21

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  TexasPurl +8

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +5

Making Progress:

• pineknott +2
  • Inkked0317 +2

Holding Steady: greyhoundgrandma  0

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner:  PBLKNP -6

Have a happy week! 💖

YTD scores for the February 2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317  +99

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  pineknott +84

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +40

Shopping Divas:

• PBLKNP  -14
  • greyhoundgrandma  -48
  • TexasPurl  -136

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner:  PAndrus  -196

Oh, my...shot the moon AGAIN!  I’ll make a note to do the totals next week. 😎

I have to say, I’m enjoying doing the Sampler Afghan!  They do give you a boatload of yarn for it, though. I’m probably going to have enough at the end for another afghan! 

• Like 1