2020 Stashbusting CAL

TexasPurl

Hi everyone!

This week I finished off my Halloween Rozeta (wedding gift for a friend) AND I joined my Jewels and Pastels Rozetas and made a big floor pillow for my oldest's room. I am officially DONE with Rozetas for now! At some point in the future,  I'll make one for myself but I cannot handle the idea of making another one just now ☺️

WTD +7 (2 skeins & 3 balls)

YTD +89

I've only got 1 final WIP that I have to work on now....my Keifer the Dragon. I've got all his body parts (except the wings)done, so next up is attaching and stuffing before I move on to the wing directions. Momma would like to have him finished for her birthday at the end of April, but I'm hoping it will be well before that!

20200114_195427.jpg

20200114_230210.jpg

20200114_230225.jpg

• Like 1

No scores yet :think ? Good. I finished the afghan :cheer . Sat. I did a MLK service project crocheting hats for charity. I took some skein/balls to donate. I donated 1 ball and 2 skeins (+ 5). I made 5 baby hats, I used 2 small skeins and a ball (+5). I took home 3 skeins and a ball (- 7).  So I'll add + 3 to my score.

WTD: + 8  YTD:  + 14

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

For the Week Ending on 1/18/2020:

Gold Medal Winner! pineknott +19

Silver Medal Winner! howieann +10

Bronze Medal WInner! Ellie 13 +8

Using up that stash!

Inkked0317 +7

greyhoundgrandma +2

TexasPurl +2

Holding Steady!

MalisaMeesa 0

PBLKNP 0

NO SHOOT THE MOON!!! Thanks all and have a joyous week!

• Like 1

Pam, I love the colors!

I got sucked down the rabbit hole this afternoon. I ordered not one but two yarn packs for Attic 24's Dahlia Blanket CAL. Yes, that really is 30 skeins. I've done a couple of her CALs and with one pack I ended up not doing a border because the yarn was running short. Should be plenty to make the twin size and a lap throw, too.

I've just got a couple more rounds to go on the baby blanket. Time to get off the computer, check the dryer and get back to it.

I'm on the last round and used up a skein..+2.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

@PBLKNP  Wow! Those are beautiful colors! Sophie is so much fun!

@greyhoundgrandma  I saw the announcement for that CAL. I seriously considered making it. 

I started the Spice Market CAL this weekend. It was supposed to start in March but the designer cancelled it due to some ugliness on Facebook. Anyway, he released the entire pattern.  

IMG_20200120_075222.thumb.jpg.a09129bf7cbf987d13e2616aadb452c6.jpg

• Like 1

I just ordered a baby blanket kit from Mary Maxim--6 skeins. Had some yarn, but couldn't find the pattern I wanted to use. Pretty sad statement about the state of my patterns. I really, really need to come up with some system for organizing and storing them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi everyone!

This week I made a mer-corn and used 2 balls up. No pictures yet and Hubs and I have a date night tonight lol but I'll post them as soon as I can. 

WTD +2

YTD +91

Debbie...I've got my yarn for Spice Market pulled and ready to go, just have to finish a couple other projects first ♡ yours looks beautiful!

• Like 1

Hi all!

I only used a couple of balls this week on shelter mats. I used almost all my little bits & pieces in my leftover bin. Most of that was counted as a whole skein when it was used.

Thanks Jessie! finished Part 3 of the Spice Market. 

WTD +2  YTD +27

Have a Happy week!

IMG_20200124_075905.thumb.jpg.76b563d74e51d7b263feaa9597910853.jpg

• Like 1

I made 3 baby hats and 8 pocket prayer shawls. I used 3 balls (+ 3), but then a friend gave me a skein (- 2). I'm getting all the balls and going to make pocket prayer shawls, then give away what's too small. I hope to have a better score next weekend.

WTD:  + 1   YTD:  + 15

Ellie 13

Scores for the week ending 01/25/2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: pineknott  +23

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  howieann +6

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: (3-way tie!) 

• greyhoundgrandma  +2
  • Inkked0317 +2
  • TexasPurl +2

Making Progress: Ellie 13 +1

Holding Steady @ 0: 

• MalisaMeesa