2020 Stashbusting CAL

TexasPurl

I haven't been here since Nov. 25th. I'm back to working 5 days, but I haven't been able to get out much. I :crocheting every chance I got. Used up all my plastic rings on wreath pins, so I :crocheting some more Christmas stockings (found some from last year). Used up 3 balls and rolled a skein down (+ 4) :cheer . I went to Michael's yesterday and bought plastic rings, a hook and red and green :yarn (- 4). I think I can finish a stocking or 2 by Sat. and get a point or 2 (if I remember to post :lol) .

WTD:  0  YTD:  + 103

Ellie 13

Looking for input/thoughts about this thread. TexasPurl took it over last year because I had/still have a lot going on. I'm worried about her--she hasn't been on the site since October and hasn't read the PM I sent asking about her the beginning of December.

So the question is do we continue the thread as it is now, listing our progress/numbers without have weekly awards? Or does everyone want to go back to the weekly awards? In either case is anyone willing to take on moderating the thread for next year?

I really like having to hold myself accountable for my missteps and sharing my progress whether we have the awards each week or not. I will moderate it next year if no one else can, but DH's health issues--multiple myeloma and chemo, two knee surgeries this year and still mostly using a wheelchair--have been added to this week with pneumonia and a positive covid-19 test and I'm having a problem finding time/energy for extras.

We have almost two weeks to make a decision. Look forward to thoughts from the group.

I think it might work better to do the weekly awards. I find that, without the push of knowing I have to account for something, I forget to report!  Hopefully we can get more people for next year. 

4 hours ago, Pixitwig said:

I'm sorry, I'm new to Crochetville. How do I sign up to this thread (and the stash busting CAL)? This will be my first ever Cal...how exciting!!

We're very informal here. You just jump right in. All the info is in the first message of this thread, although right now with so much going on, we haven't been posting the weekly awards. If you have any specific questions, just ask here.

:2snowman  MERRY CHRISTMAS !  :wreath

I haven't been able to :crocheting much since I've been working 6 days/week. With the holidays and bad weather, the market has been crazy. We got 10 +/- inches of :snow last week. Today all :2rain , so it's all puddles and slush now. Because of the virus, my family has been doing a computer Zoom every month, but it's not the same. I used 4 balls on pocket prayer shawls (+4), so I'm ending the year in the triple digits :cheer . If we start again in Jan., I'll join.

WTD: + 4  YTD: + 107

Ellie 13 

Edited by Ellie 13

Merry Christmas everyone ❤ I completely dropped off this challenge in August but definitely would like to get back into it next year....

I decided 2021 will be the year of just doing projects for me, because I keep putting my wish list on pause for everyone else.  For Christmas I was gifted the printed &bound pattern for Sophie's Universe and a Scheepjes Stone Wash/River Wash color pack....and today I ordered the yarn for my Sophie, as well as for the Anna's Tale CAL that kicks off on Sunday and some new colors for my stash....

Between having a majorly overgrown stash, and needing to get really really serious about cutting unnecessary spending, I plan on pulling for my projects from my stash as much as humanly possible next year!

I’m so sorry, Mona!  We will pray for you.  We have a friend who’s husband is very sick.  They’re not sure if he has COVID-19 or not...we’ve all been urging them to get him tested.  Another friend is under quarantine until the end of the year because a co-worker came into work sick, thinking she only had a cold.  My friend had been in close quarters with her, helping her with her computer, so she was exposed.

I got a BOATLOAD of yarn for Christmas this year!  I got two Herrschners kits - an afghan kit and a cardigan kit.  I haven’t had time to count all the skeins.  I’ll try to post once I do.  

:sheepjump

Okay, here are my totals for the end of the year.  I got TWO Mary Maxim kits, which I’m really excited to get started on (although I need to at least finish the log cabin blanket first).  Looking forward to our Stash-Busting next year!

Stashbuster Total: WTD  -50  YTD -102

:manyheart

Mona posted the following yesterday in the Our House Cal.

"Finally time to catch my breath for a few minutes. DH passed away yesterday, so there have been lots of details to iron out and even more phone calls. Funeral is set for Monday, a family only graveside service. He had too many friends to try to have a full open service. I've spent a lot of time on the phone with both boys. They're helping me be strong. It's a lot to take in."