2020 Stashbusting CAL

TexasPurl

No scores posted since Aug. :think ? I think I would have gotten gold with my last score of + 7. I missed last week, but had 0 any way. Yesterday I went to Michael's to get eyes for the spider and ghost pins. All :yarn was buy 2 get 1 free, so I got 3 skeins cotton. (- 6). On the bus ride home I started a pot holder. Last night I finished another neck purse, the pot holder,2  pocket prayer shawls and made some Halloween pins. I used 1 skein cotton, 4 small balls and rolled a skein cotton down (+ 7) :cheer . 

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 90

Ellie 13

Ellie, great job getting back in the positives. It seems like everyone is really busy or otherwise occupied. Debbie decided since there were so few checking in right now that we would just post our scores for our own information and not do the weekly awards for a while. 

The 3 skeins I ordered came in yesterday...-6. Today's "couple of hours" recall repair on my truck turned into 3 1/2 so I made a scarf and half of another and rolled a skein into a ball...+1  = -5. I wanted to tell them that in my world a couple is two, but I was nice.

11 minutes ago, pineknott said:

oh I didn't realize there wasn't an interest in this anymore, I 've been out sick and this is the first I've been back in months

I don't know that it's really lack of interest as much as just a lot going on with people. It seems like it's been a strange year for everyone with things beside just covid-19.  I've been seeing your progress from posts in another thread. Hope you continue to recuperate!

If we're not going to post weekly scores for "medals" then I don't have to worry about shooting the moon :lol . Last Sun. I went to a Dollar Tree and got 7 skeins of something called Just Yarn (2.11 oz. balls). Today I went to Michael's to get buttons and also got a skein of Craft Smart Neon yellow (- 16). It's getting dark earlier, so I thought I would :crocheting a hat to wear when I walk home from work (I have a vest and flashlight). During the week, I made 6  baby hats, 3 pocket prayer shawls and some more spider, ghost and pumpkin pins. I used 3 balls and 3 skeins (O.K., 3 very small balls left) and I gave a friend 6 small balls for granny square centers (+15) :cheer . So, I'm in the negatives again :sigh .

WTD:  - 1   YTD:  + 89

Ellie 13

Maddening, but no skeins used up! I’ve been trying to finish my Weekender Sweater and the socks, so I can finish my afghan. I seem to be suffering from finishitis! 🤣

WTD - 0

I've worked on some potholders this week but I'm using a cone so there's no end in sight. I really, really want to get back to the dahlia blanket but haven't been able to put the time and energy together at the same time.

WTD 0

Debbie, hope everything is ok with you.

Ellie, going from -16 to -1 is more of a wow than a sigh. LOL

Holly, that sounds like a big project. Always nice to be gifted yarn.

Pam, sounds like we are in the same crochet boat.

Busy week here, not much crochet time.

WTD 0

I hope to get together with a couple of friends for some craft time tomorrow--need to decide what projects I'll take. I'm thinking the skeins to make scarves for the 2 GSs. They will be pretty quick since they are small.

Haven't been here since the 10th. Went to Michael's again to get red beads. It was buy 1 get 1 1/2 off all :yarn, so I got green and white :yarn too (- 4). I made some Halloween pins, hats, pocket prayer shawls and a few turkey pins. Used up 3 balls and rolled a skein down (+ 4) :cheer . I have to make a teddy bear, a turtle and some Christmas stockings. I need to go to Target to see if they have any more white shirts in my size. Its in the same shopping center as Michael's, but I'll try not to go.

WTD:  0   YTD:  + 89

Ellie 13

I FINALLY used up a skein on my Weekender Sweater!  I’m almost done with the first sleeve and will hopefully get to the next one soon.  

Stashbuster Total: WTD  +2  YTD -62

I went to Target Sat., no more shirts in my size, Old Navy is in the same shopping center, but also no shirts :irk . I went to Michael's to get red ribbon I'm running low on, no1/8 inch ribbon, but I got red beads (box of 550). Yesterday I was looking for the pins and found a jar of red beads I thought I didn't have (200 +/-) :thair . I guess I'll have enough for 2 -3 years, if I don't miss place them again :lol . I got 2 the turtle and 1/2  a teddy bear done. I used 2 balls and rolled 2 skeins down (+ 4) :cheer . I'm going to make some turkey pins for the next few days.

WTD: + 4   YTD: + 93

Ellie 13

I went to Target Sat., no more shirts in my size, Old Navy is in the same shopping center, but also no shirts :irk . I went to Michael's to get red ribbon I'm running low on, no1/8 inch ribbon, but I got red beads (box of 550). Yesterday I was looking for the pins and found a jar of red beads I thought I didn't have (200 +/-) :thair . I guess I'll have enough for 2 -3 years, if I don't miss place them again :lol . I got 2 the turtle and 1/2  a teddy bear done. I used 2 balls and rolled 2 skeins down (+ 4) :cheer . I'm going to make some turkey pins for the next few days.

WTD: + 4   YTD: + 93

Ellie 13