2020 Stashbusting CAL

TexasPurl

I made another pair of gloves but didn't finish off the ball of yarn. Got back to working on a cat for my GD. Got the nose and mouth sewed on ok, but the eyes look like a demented weasel. I ordered buttons--if I don't like them, I'll give it another shot at sewing them again.

WTD +1

I just ordered two baby blanket kits from Mary Maxim (on sale). No idea how many skeins that will be. They are pretty slow on shipping so who knows when it'll get here either. But I need to get busy on something that uses up some yarn.

So I pulled up my big girl pants yesterday afternoon and made the ears, legs, and tail for my GD's cat. Sewed the legs and tail onto the body this morning. Now to decide if I'll try embroidering the eyes again or wait for the buttons I ordered.

My Mary Maxim kits came in-- 8 skeins.  -16

I have two packages at the post office and I think at least one is yarn, so I'll be in the negative next week, too.

WTD -16      YTD -44

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

I don’t have pictures yet, but I finished my Seaside Sampler Afghan!  Now I just have to figure out who to give it to for Christmas this year.  I used up one more skein, so: 

WTD = +2 

:manyheart

I haven't been here since Oct 29th (somehow my post went on twice :think), computer problems couldn't get on line :irk . I finished the bear, a dress for the bear, a bunch of turkey pins (25 - 30, lost count) and some more pocket prayer shawls. I used up 8 balls and rolled down 2 skeins :cheer (+ 10). I might just end this year with over 100 points. I went to Target and found 3 more shirts for work and 3 nice T-shirts for weekends. The last 2 weeks I've been working 6 days again, more $$, but not not much :crocheting time. Now I will start wreath pins and maybe try snowmen too. 

WTD:  + 10   YTD:  + 103  :yay triple digets !!! 

:tdance HAPPY THANKS GIVING (USA) !! :ttalk

Hi everyone! So I know I completely disappeared for several months. I just wanted to check in, let you know I'm still alive. It's been an insane year. I had covid; missed my bonus daughter's baby shower because of it; got completely fried on doing project after project for everyone other than me; my firstborn turned 20, got married 2 weeks later and cut all ties with the entire family; my grandpa passed, and my bonus daughter literally JUST gave birth to her little girl a few hours ago...and we're currently quaranteened until we get my 16 yr old's covid test results back which probably won't be until Friday...and that's just the past few months.

So... needless to say, my ability to keep track of ANYTHING has gone completely to crud. I will start anew in January. As of right now, I have finished ALL the projects for other people, and I've decided that 2021 will be a year where I prioritize the projects I want to make. I hope everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving has a great time tomorrow 🥰

I got my other three skeins today. They have been at the post office since Tuesday but they forgot to give me the package Wednesday.  -6  =  -14.

Ok, I'm on a roll. I just ordered 10 skeins for a blanket to make after Christmas. I've made it before and had two skeins left over, but I'm always paranoid about running out so I stuck with what the pattern says.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

I’ve managed to use up another skein this week.  I have a LOT of yarn left over from the Seaside Afghan, so I’m using it to make the Modern Log Cabin Blanket (crocheted):  https://www.yarnspirations.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-master-catalog-spinrite/default/dwc2a1775d/PDF/CAC0502-001887M.pdf

WTD +2, YTD -56

12 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

I’ve managed to use up another skein this week.  I have a LOT of yarn left over from the Seaside Afghan, so I’m using it to make the Modern Log Cabin Blanket (crocheted):  https://www.yarnspirations.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-master-catalog-spinrite/default/dwc2a1775d/PDF/CAC0502-001887M.pdf

WTD +2, YTD -56

We do want to see pictures when you have time. I like the log cabin pattern--hadn't run across it before.

WTD -14.       YTD -58

I’m chugging along with my Modern Log Cabin Blanket pattern.  It’s rather chilly here, so it’s nice to be working with a nice warm afghan in my lap!  I managed to use up another skein this week, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD  +2  YTD -54

9 hours ago, howieann said:

I finished off 2 skeins, which puts me at:

WTD: 4 YTD: -2

I'm so close to going positive for the year and I have at least 1 skein that will finish up this week and no plans to do any shopping!

Finishing the year in the positives is exciting! I was getting fairly close, then some sales and planning a project for next year backed me up. In fact I just bought two kits yesterday. 20% off LOL