2020 Stashbusting CAL

TexasPurl

I managed to use up skeins this week working on my Seaside Striped Afghan and my other afghan. I also resisted the urge to buy any skeins at the Knitting in Public event today at our LYS.  The store recently opened back up. You have to wear a mask and socially distance (only 2 customers in the store at a time), but it was wonderful to see my knitting and crocheting friends again!  We all sat outside with our projects 6’ apart and chatted for hours. 

WTD +6

:c9

Week ending June 3, 2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +8

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  PBLKNP & TexasPurl +6

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner:  Ellie 13 +3

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner:  greyhoundgrandma  -14

Great week everyone!

23 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I was sure I would be taking that trip this week. LOL Probably won't be making any progress for a while.

Let me know if things get crazy for you this week. I'll be happy to post scores for you if need be. Can't wait to see that blanket!

Edited by TexasPurl

I finished all my squares and :crocheting them together and did the border in white. Another 24 inch square afghan done :cheer . I rolled down the last 3 colors and the white (+ 4). I also made 3 hats and a pocket prayer shawl. I used up 3 balls (+ 3). Not being able to go anywhere on my only day off is good for :crocheting . I never thought I'd say this, but I'm running out of :yarn !! I got my garden planted. I got beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers and eggplants.

WTD: + 7   YTD: + 83

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13
  • Like 1

Ellie, your garden sounds great! What kind of beans? We have tomatoes, eggplant, squash and red bell peppers. Lots of blooms but nothing to harvest yet.

I dreamed last night that I finished up some skeins. Does that count?!?! LOL

• Haha 1

Scores for the week ending 6/20/20:

Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +7

Silver Medal Winner: TexasPurl +4

greyhoundgrandma 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -2

Hope everyone stays safe and has a good week!

• Like 1

Oh, no...again!!! :shrug

I’ll make a not to do the totals next week!  I’m probably going to be in the running to shoot the moon NEXT week, too, as we had a “socially-distant” visit today from my stepdaughter, her hubby, and the grandchildren.  It was lovely to see them (from 6’ away), but she’s been having trouble with her wrists and carpel tunnel, so she’s decided to give up crocheting for now. She just gave me 6 skeins of yarn!  

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 10:51 AM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Ellie, your garden sounds great! What kind of beans? We have tomatoes, eggplant, squash and red bell peppers. Lots of blooms but nothing to harvest yet.

I dreamed last night that I finished up some skeins. Does that count?!?! LOL

Just string beans. My peppers are green and purple (yes, it's a thing). Lots of buds but the only thing really blooming is the rose bush. 5 beautiful roses and I counted 7 more buds so far :manyheart . A co-worker liked my :crocheting face mask and wanted one and now others are asking, so I'm making them now. I'm using the Sugar & Cream cotton left over from the pot holders and passport/wallet neck purses I made. I used 3 balls and a skein (+ 5)  :cheer .

It only counts if you wake up and the :yarn is gone :lol. I wonder what I would make if I :crocheting in my sleep :think 

WTD:  + 5   YTD: + 88

Edited by Ellie 13
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ellie 13 said:

Just string beans. My peppers are green and purple (yes, it's a thing). Lots of buds but the only thing really blooming is the rose bush. 5 beautiful roses and I counted 7 more buds so far :manyheart . A co-worker liked my :crocheting face mask and wanted one and now others are asking, so I'm making them now. I'm using the Sugar & Cream cotton left over from the pot holders and passport/wallet neck purses I made. I used 3 balls and a skein (+ 5)  :cheer .

It only counts if you wake up and the :yarn is gone :lol. I wonder what I would make if I :crocheting in my sleep :think 

WTD:  + 5   YTD: + 88

One year I planted, I think it was, green yellow and red peppers too close together and ended up with really ugly brownish peppers. LOL

I'm probably going to post the scores around 10:30 tomorrow morning. I was doing well until my step-daughter came by our place and dropped off yarn!  She's been suffering from carpel tunnel, so she can't crochet for a while. I feel badly for her...but I got more yarn...

So, I'm at WTD = -10, and YTD = -54

I believe this is the week we have to post our YTD scores as well? 

• Like 1

PBLKNP ~ I saved you! It was a wonderful week. I used 3 skeins on dishcloths for Mom. Then a surprise box came in from my yarn angel! Lots of pretties! Forever grateful! 💃💃💃🎶🎵 🚀🌖

WTD -38 YTD-426

• Like 1

Week ending June 27, 2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13  +5

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  🤷‍♂️

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner:  🤷‍♀️

Holding Steady

• greyhoundgrandma 0
  • pineknott  0

Shopping Diva

• PBLKNP  -10

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner:  TexasPurl  -38

Great week everyone!

YTD Scores for June 2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +96

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  Ellie 13 +88

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner:  🤷‍♀️

Shopping Diva: 

• greyhoundgrandma  -29
  • PBLKNP  -54

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner:  TexasPurl -426

On 6/28/2020 at 9:23 AM, PBLKNP said:

I see TexasPurl beat me to the totals! I’m hoping to use up more stash this week with my afghan.  😎

I had a senior moment! Thought we didn't have a Shoot the Moon winner last week. 

I'm on the last two rounds of Jay's blanket but will have to make something else to use up all the yarn. No crochet time today. We have a double birthday pool party at noon. Hopefully any rain will hold off til later in the day.

WTD 0

HAPPY 4TH!