2020 Stashbusting CAL

TexasPurl

I missed another week :oops . I'll add the points to this week. I've been making baby hats, 2 small skeins used (+ 4) :yay . I'm also making squares for a baby afghan. I'm using leftover rainbow colors, so I can roll down the skeins now. I rolled down 5 skeins so far (+ 5) :cheer . I only have 2 more purple squares to go, then I can roll the last skein down. When the knit/crochet group can start meeting again, I'll have a lot to turn in. I wonder how much the others have done :think .

WTD:  + 9  YTD:  + 71

Ellie 13

How can it seem like the days go by slowly but yet it's the end of May already?!?! LOL 

Mississippi starts "safe return" on Monday which lets pretty much everything open with limits/rules but with DH's issues we're still in the category instructed to continue sheltering in place. This has really gotten old! At least he's getting to the point of not needing constant "fetching and carrying" and I'm getting a little me time. PT is definitely helping his mobility.

I finished off a skein yesterday...+2.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 2

I agree, Mona, it's very much getting old!  We're slowly starting to open up again in CT, but we still have to wear masks and keep a safe distance from people.  The grocery stores still look like we're all bracing for Armageddon.  I at long last have an appointment to get my hair done the first week in June.  Work is letting us work from home until at least Labor Day, which is fine with me.  We're still trying to be careful with sanitizing things coming into the house and whatnot.  I'm sad about all the Summer activities we're going to miss.  We usually have a Summer orchestra concert series that we all love to attend which of course has been canceled.  Our good friend from Florida isn't bothering to come up here this Summer, as really, what's he going to do up here?  He can't even really visit all of us friends unless we all "socially-distance" ourselves.  I'm trying to be grateful that we still have our health, but it's really a reach.  

• Like 1

Texas has re-opened completely for the most part. There are a few hot-spots that are still using extraordinary precautions. I got a haircut  & manicure this week. I feel like a new woman! 

I get to post another positive number this week! Finishing a summer tee gave me a bit of a boost! Though my YTD is dismal.

WTD +12 YTD -406

• Like 1

I started, frogged & restarted a blanket for my granddaughter last week, and then I haven't touched yarn at all since,  so nothing used up.

WTD 0

YTD +91

Now I'm going to pour some wine, get my shows playing,  and get to work on this blanket!

• Like 1

I rolled down the last rainbow skein (+ 1) :cheer . I started :crocheting the squares together with matching colors for each square (instead of black). I'll used the black for the border, but it's a slightly used (2-3 oz. :think ) never ending skein (28 oz.) so I won't get to roll that down. Add 1 point to my score and I've got double digits this week :yay .

WTD:  + 10  YTD:  + 72

Ellie 13 

• Like 1

For the Week Ending on 5/30/2020:

Gold Medal Winner!   TexasPurl  +12

Silver Medal Winner!   Ellie 13  +10

Bronze Medal WInner!   greyhoundgrandma  +4

Using up that stash!

PBLKNP  +2

Holding Steady!  

Inkked0317  0

pineknott  0

NO SHOOT THE MOON!!!   Thanks all, and have a joyous week!

• Like 1

YTD Scores for May 2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +96

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  Inkked0317 +91

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner:  Ellie 13  +72

Shopping Diva: 

• greyhoundgrandma  -15
  • PBLKNP  -48

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner:  TexasPurl -406

I just ordered 7 skeins to make a blanket for our newest soon to be adopted grandson. So I'll be in the negative who knows when with how long orders are sometimes taking--maybe next week if I'm lucky.

• Like 1

I finished the 24 inch square blanket. It seems very small compared to the 36 - 40 inch ones I normally make, but that's what they want. I finished another hat, used a ball (+ 1) :cheer .

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 73

Ellie 13

• Like 1

Week ending June 3, 2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: TexasPurl +8

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  Ellie 13 +1

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner:  :shrug

Holding Steady

• greyhoundgrandma  0
  • PBLKNP  -0
  • pineknott 0

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner:  NO Shoot the Moon winner!

Great week everyone!

46 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

My yarn order came in....-14. Luckily I got the pattern book the same day.

That’s very exciting! What pattern are you planning to make? 

Rainbow block blanket. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rainbow-block-crochet-afghan

It's for an almost 3 year old. I was looking for something he wouldn't immediately outgrow, but was a relatively simple stitch pattern. Not up for a complicated pattern or appliques right now. Up side of buying the pattern was it's in a book with a number of others that look like I would enjoy making.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2020 at 8:54 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Rainbow block blanket. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rainbow-block-crochet-afghan

It's for an almost 3 year old. I was looking for something he wouldn't immediately outgrow, but was a relatively simple stitch pattern. Not up for a complicated pattern or appliques right now. Up side of buying the pattern was it's in a book with a number of others that look like I would enjoy making.

I like that pattern too! You could change the color scheme to fit nearly any occasion. Looking forward to seeing the finished blanket.

I found some slightly used Caron Simply Soft in rainbow colors under my never ending ball of black. I started another 24 inch square blanket. This :yarn is a little harder to work with so it's going a little slower. I only rolled down 3 skeins so far (+3) :yay . I should have all the squares done by Mon. or Tue. I'm still working 6 days/week, so not a lot of :crocheting time.

WTD: + 3   YTD: + 76

Ellie 13