2020 Stashbusting CAL

TexasPurl

4 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Debbie, hope you avoided the bad weather today. So far just a couple of inches of rain here.

Thanks Mona!

We didn't get a drop! Everything was north of us. Those poor souls in Louisiana though. Glad you got some good rain but no damage.

This has been a strange year for weather or a year for strange weather. We missed the first round, but the second brought wind and we lost power until Tuesday. But we were so lucky compared to a lot of people. More possibly severe thunderstorms this weekend. Mother Nature is working overtime.

Pam, I don't think I could take snow at this point in the year!

I didn't get much crocheting done while we were in Little Rock, but I did use up a ball and roll a yarn pouf into a ball...+2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I receive a box from my yarn angel. Some really pretty thread & some sock yarn. Yay! I still haven't finished out a skein though I stitch daily. Too many other things going on I suppose. 

WTD -50

Y'all have a Happy week!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TexasPurl said:

I still haven't finished out a skein though I stitch daily. Too many other things going on I suppose. 

This should be a time to get lots of crocheting done since we aren't going anywhere but dr apts, the post office, the drug store and very occasionally the Dollar General. But in reality with DH's torn knee tendon and not being able to walk, there is NO me time in my day. Spent yesterday fetching and washing clothes from the Little Rock trip to the myeloma center to get ready for spending the night in Oxford before his knee surgery on Wednesday. They said he can do physical therapy at home (hope that is true since he's high risk to be out) so I'll get to crack the whip on that task too. I'm ready for a "calgon take me away" week!

WTD +2

• Sad 1

So sorry you're going through so much!  I have a spouse with MS, so I can sort of relate. I've had to be the one to get things we need (with a mask and gloves).  I just spent HOURS trying to find everything we need - the hoarding is unreal. The stores are starting to limit people to a limited amount of things--they should have done this ages ago. 

I did manage to use up a skein this week, though!  

WTD = +2

This week I've started the Sashiko Happy Coat MAL and used up 6 skeins, and I made a little lamb ragdoll for church and used a ball up.

WTD: +13

20200415_151127.jpg

• Like 1

@greyhoundgrandma Mona - so sorry you & DH are going through so much. These are truly strange times. Sending a virtual hug. :)

@PBLKNP It's crazy that just trying to get some shopping done is so stressful. 

@Inkked0317 Your lamb is adorable.

My employer decided to close our offices. Though I still have a job, I'll be working from home from here on out. I've been packing & cleaning for a week now. Almost there though!

Stay well everyone!

• Like 1

No scores yet :think ? I finished the purse, used a skein of cotton (+2) :yay . I found some more white, so I started the 4 stuffed bunnies for a co-worker (even though it's after Easter). I hope I have enough stuffing. Do you think shredded quilt batting will work :think ? I have some scraps my mom gave me.

WTD:  + 2  YTD: + 52

Ellie 13 

Edited by Ellie 13

Scores for the week ending 04/18/2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +13

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  3-Way Tie! greyhoundgrandma, PBLKNP, & Ellie 13 +2

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: 🤷‍♀️

Holding Steady: 

• pineknott 0

Shopping Diva:

• howieann  -8

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner:  TexasPurl -50

Have a Happy week! 💖

Used up a skein on a lap throw...+2  = +4

Another skein went into the lap throw...+2 = +6. That's not as much crocheting as it sounds like. They are smallish skeins.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

Hello everyone!

I'm currently cycling through 4 WIPs at the moment. A knitted tee, a knitted cardigan, a Bruges Lace crochet doily & a tote bag. I finished out a skein on the tote bag. Yay me! Finally get a score, albeit a small one. :)

WTD +2  YTD -250

Have a great week!

I finished 1 bunny. I used some rolled up quilt batting and it isn't bad. I started with a 3.5 oz skein, I weighed the left over :yarn to see how much was used, 1 bunny takes 2.5 oz. I had 3 skeins and think there should be enough, but I'm worried I'll run out. I have a 7 oz. skein of white, but it seems brighter (side by side, you can see the difference). A friend asked me for a sewing needle, then I asked her if she had any stuffing. She found some and gave it to me (she doesn't make stuffies). I think I got the best deal for a needle :lol . 

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 53

Ellie 13

Scores for the week ending 04/25/2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +10

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  TexasPurl +2

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner:  Ellie 13 +1

Holding Steady: 

• pineknott 0
  • howieann 0
  • PBLKNP 0

🚀 No Shoot the Moon Winner!

Have a Happy week! 💖