2020 Stashbusting CAL

TexasPurl

I understand about the growing stash. I can't resist sales. The object here isn't to win, just to be more aware of trying to use up the stash you have. I've been on this thread nine years and only finished the year in the positive one time. LOL

I've been working a lot, so not much :crocheting time. The squares I'm  making just 3 rounds of a granny square (3 in.), so I'm getting some done during my lunch break at work. I've got 7 colors (6 rainbow & white) for 2 rounds with 1 round of black. A 7 X 7 baby afghan :crocheting together will be 22 (+/-) inches. I can make it 24 with a nice border. The balls are getting smaller, but the Endless Impeccable black still seems to be going nowhere :lol . As for my garden, the beans are still coming, I've gotten 6 cucumbers. I'm starting to get eggplants and peppers, and some of the cherry tomatoes are turning red (the weeds are doing well too :lol ).

WTD:  0   YTD:   +79

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13
  • Like 1

You KNOW you’re getting old when...I announced at 6:00 pm (Saturday night) that I’m “breaking out the crocheting for the evening” and my spouse declared “time to PARTY ON DOWN!”  :party

I’ve been feverishly working on the Seaside Afghan, but I did get an influx of yarn in from Annie’s Attic, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -6 YTD -58

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 7:30 PM, PBLKNP said:

Looks like I’ll be in the negatives this week, as my latest Seaside Sampler Afghan monthly shipment arrived!  However, I’m making good progress. :manyheart

It's looking great!

I accomplished little to nothing this week. I'm working on a Tunisian Crochet tote bag and finished out a skein.

WTD +2  YTD -402 

Edited by TexasPurl
  • Like 1

Me:  The totals are looking like I shot the moon again.

Spouse:  Hasn’t it been a while since you did that?

Me:  I think it was only two weeks ago.

Spouse:  For you, that’s a lot... :rofl

• Like 1

Week ending July 25, 2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner:  pineknott +12

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:   TexasPurl  +2

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner:  Ellie 13 & greyhoundgrandma  (holding steady)

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner:   PBLKNP -4

Great week!

YTD totals for the month JULY 2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner:  pineknott +124

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:   Ellie 13  +79

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner:  🤷‍♀️

Shopping Diva

• greyhoundgrandma  -19
  • PBLKNP  -56 

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner:   TexasPurl  -402

On 7/25/2020 at 7:17 AM, greyhoundgrandma said:

I understand about the growing stash. I can't resist sales. The object here isn't to win, just to be more aware of trying to use up the stash you have. I've been on this thread nine years and only finished the year in the positive one time. LOL

I been  VERY WELL aware of my growing problem.......! :). Nothing helps! LOL

Krys

• Like 1

I started :crocheting the 3 inch squares together, and found out that 6 together is 21 1/2 inches, so I left off the white. I'll do 6 X 6. Still no :yarn used though. What will I do with the 7 white and 6 rainbow squares left over :think ?

WTD: 0    YTD: + 79

Ellie 13

Well, it's an odd one this week!

For the week ending August 1, 2020:

Gold Medal:  PBLKNP  +2

Holding Steady:

• Ellie 13  0
  • greyhoundgrandma  0
  • howieann  0
  • TexasPurl  0

No Shoot the Moon this week!  Congrats to all!  :ghug

• Like 1

Since the baby afghan is getting too big to take with me, I started :crocheting baby hats during my lunch break. I made 3 hats, used 2 balls and rolled a small skein down (+ 3), :woo actual points this week ! My garden is doing well. Red tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, egg plants, but not so many beans now. One of the "weeds" I've been getting turns out to be purslane, a highly nutritious "vegetable". A friend says some health food stores actually sell it and you can get seeds to plant it. I tried it and it's not too bad, so I started snacking on it every once in a while. Every time it's come up (off/on for years) I've been tossing it out.

WTD:  + 3   YTD:  + 82

Ellie 13

May as well get this over with & move on with my day. This challenge should have the disclaimer: "Don't be like TexasPurl".

I started the week pretty well. I gave away 7 skeins & used up 2 skeins in a tote. +18. Then the doorbell rang....-190

WTD -172

🎵🎶🎵 Fly me to the moon... 👠💃

• Haha 1

Debbie, your friend seems to have an endless stash!

Nothing used up this week. Can't even remember if I've picked up a hook this week. DH with a leg in a cast doesn't leave much time or energy.

WTD 0

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Debbie, your friend seems to have an endless stash!

Nothing used up this week. Can't even remember if I've picked up a hook this week. DH with a leg in a cast doesn't leave much time or energy.

WTD 0

Oh no! I'm sorry y'all have to go through all that. Prayers for speedy healing.

My friend owned a yarn shop in the Pacific Northwest for 17 years. She didn't sell the shop, just closed it. She took all the inventory home! She's not a threadie, so she's slowly sending me her thread and occasionally throws in a nice yarn or 2. I am truly blessed.  💗

Well, I didn’t use up any skeins, so:

WTD = 0

I’m almost done with the Seaside Sampler Afghan!  The last bit will be the border. I still have to figure who I’m giving it to!  😎

• Like 1

Week ending August 08, 2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner:  Ellie 13  +3

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:   

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner:  PBLKNP & greyhoundgrandma  (holding steady)

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner:   TexasPurl  -172

Have a Happy week!