Boxing Day 2020 CAL Share any charity work!

babypoohsmom

Did you see the thank you in the wishing well?

The schools around here are jumping around regarding opening dates and models so I figured I would contact the teacher in Oct hoping they'd have the basics of school attendance sorted out and ask her if they aren't continuing the donation due to COVID school restrictions if I could have her contact with the charity she works with so I can make the donation directly.  I have no way of knowing what they will or won't be doing at the school for projects but I want to make sure the kids get their toys for Christmas this year as I suspect this year more than ever parents are going to be struggling.

I didn't want to take the dresses out to take pictures this year with all that is going on.  However, I did copy and print your pictures and I'm going to slide the pics into the doll bags.  Thanks.

Edited by Bailey4

Wow that is really cool Brenda. Love the outfits and the blankets.

From what I hear, I could be wrong, but Chris is going to WOW  them this year.

I hope it continues as it is really the only charity I do stuff for.

Ok, DH is watching Baseball, on and off.  This is scary.  

My Hockey team is going to be playing for the Stanley Cup.  They beat the NY Islanders last night.  Tomorrow it starts the best of 7 with the Dallas Stars.  Whew, I thought I might have to vote for Dallas, that is very hard.:rofl

Have a good night everyone.

Chris I saw your post in wishing well and was so relieved that you really had it in your hands.   Mailed two packages that day.  The 3 day one got there in 2.  Your 2 day package set here for 5 days.  At first it said in transit from here and after so many days it changed and said it was still here.  

I love seeing all the clothes everyone makes for this project and also hope it continues.  Its a bright spot in my life.  It brings me great joy making the clothes and thinking about little girls dressing their dolls.  Chris thank you for letting us participate.

Hi Bailey, yes, we were on the same page, I just sometimes second guess the way I phrase things. At work, I often get in trouble for my wording or brevity. Someone might ask me for current balance in a particular account. Apparently just a reply with the balance and no "hi, how are you...here is your balance...feel free to ask me any questions you have"...blah blah comes across as rude. So yeah, I sometimes read too much into things because of my job!!

And Brenda, WOW, you have been busy. What lovely dresses. The blankets are so fun too. I'm sure the students and administration had time to think about what they can do to keep the program alive, particularly as you say, because this Christmas might not be the easiest. My hope is that when the season arrives, the best of humanity will reveal itself. That's my hope. 

As for my new yarn, the crochet hat was just not going to work, so I got out my Addi and made a knitted hat instead. The yarn is obviously made for knitting. It did take the whole skein to make the hat. I didn't realize these skeins had a bit less yardage than I am used to. image.thumb.jpeg.5746674571aae4d035860e3d4cc1785d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.50e6f51175f922b668e2544e6c2f70ec.jpeg

Edited by babypoohsmom

Got the ends tucked in on this cat mat yesterday. Two of my new foster kittens came with ringworm! So I wash, wash, wash. Vacuum, clean and wash some more. I'm changing out their beds, etc every day.

This has one strand of my gifted Homespun in yellow, one strand of Caron simply soft in pink and a pink veriagated worsted. This combination is so, so soft. As I was making this I thought it would make a fun chunky hat. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1415d2ac4a0ab35aa0e5aace0c6d3d38.jpeg

Such a fancy soap sack, Darski. I didn't know that you were also a knitter!

I was so sure I was going to get this done last Monday, but you know how things go. I have had this green bodice on my ironing board since my failed attempt to pair it with a green, white and red veriagated yarn. Since the hat looked good, I thought I would try the colors together for this dress. It needs a few more rows of course... The greens actually look better matched in person than they do in this picture. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1462f56bfb126fa80255f06431bcc085.jpeg

I was alking to a friend about this soap sack - she had to ask what it was :rofl

at one point I said, "If, when I was 7 years old you had told me that when I was 70 years old I would not own a single bar of soap,,, I would have thought you were crazy but here we are

cute-girl-clipart_21.png.47c790620d3948ee6da74e88eb2f5345.png

• Haha 1

Here is the dress finished. The hockey game is heading to a 2nd overtime, so I have to see what else I have that I can finish. By the way, what size do you make the blankets? I have more of the veriagated yarn and could make a matching blanket.

image.thumb.jpeg.74eef43a58e21632ac2f04994c38593d.jpeg

PS to Bailey. Should I save this one for next year? Seems like you said something about needing items by Oct 1st. 

I tried my first mini stocking and I think my toe is way too long. I think I'm going to go back and pull out maybe two rows...

image.jpeg

Edit: ok, I guess I better go to bed. I did the toe in dc instead of sc. Um, I guess that would make the toe too long!!

Edited by babypoohsmom

Hi everyone.  I had to laugh at not owning a bar of soap.  I was thinking of something like that the other day.  We use to make fun of people who bought water in a bottle.  Now I have it delivered.

Love what everyone is doing.  babypoohsmom the hat is really pretty.  The red stockings foot looks longer then the grey one.

Well, I am now looking for something to do.

I did not get to see any of the game last night, but I have seen this scenario to many times.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Lightning wins Monday.  Hey our Gov. opened the bars and restaurants just in time.  They still had a big crowd at the arena where they skate even when things were closed.

Have a good Sunday.

Hey babypoohsmom, we WON.

Today is the big BOAT parade for the Lightning who won the Stanley Cup.  That is from 3:30 till 5 pm.  Then a big party at Rayond James, where the Bucs play at 7:30.  I had to laugh.  The guys have been away for 2 months.  Today they showed them getting off the plane and this little (maybe 1 year old) standing with his Lightning shirt on stomping on his feet like littl kids do to welcome home Daddy.

On 9/20/2020 at 11:41 PM, babypoohsmom said:

And this is the hat I made instead on Thursday night...you're going to see a bit more of this by tomorrow...

image.jpeg

The hat is adorable and I love this yarn.  It is just so bright and cheerful!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Hey babypoohsmom, we WON.

Today is the big BOAT parade for the Lightning who won the Stanley Cup.  That is from 3:30 till 5 pm.  Then a big party at Rayond James, where the Bucs play at 7:30.  I had to laugh.  The guys have been away for 2 months.  Today they showed them getting off the plane and this little (maybe 1 year old) standing with his Lightning shirt on stomping on his feet like littl kids do to welcome home Daddy.

CONGRATS!!!  DH was so excited he woke me up to tell me they'd won.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 7:52 PM, darski said:

I was alking to a friend about this soap sack - she had to ask what it was :rofl

at one point I said, "If, when I was 7 years old you had told me that when I was 70 years old I would not own a single bar of soap,,, I would have thought you were crazy but here we are

cute-girl-clipart_21.png.47c790620d3948ee6da74e88eb2f5345.png

My hubby actually bought two bars of Ivory soap yesterday at the store!  I picked them up, and asked: "What are these things?"  He just looked at me kind of stupidly--couldn't appreciate a joke, I guess!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Tampa, I was happy they won. I didn't really have a dog in the fight but for whatever reason I wanted them or Vegas to win (after the Caps were eliminated). 

I must be the odd one. I always have bar soap in the house. I like some soft soaps but I am very sensitive to scent and some of them are overpowering. I am also allergic to all parts of the coconut and lots of soft soaps use coconut water now. I have to read labels like crazy. Even drinks have a lot of coconut water in them now. And since my eyesight is so poor if I see something new at the store and can't read the label, I don't buy it. 

8 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Getting ready to box up these 14 scarves for Operation Gratitude.

20201003_091140.jpg

Beautiful!!  Can you share the address for Operation Gratitude?

20 minutes ago, Avon Lady said:

Beautiful!!  Can you share the address for Operation Gratitude?

Thanks!

https://www.operationgratitude.com/

https://www.operationgratitude.com/express-your-thanks-virtual/handmade-with-love/knit-and-crochet-virtual/