Boxing Day 2020 CAL Share any charity work!

babypoohsmom

I need some help with this one.  I love using this crispy white cord to cover containers.  The bulgy one is a Salsa container and it just says "put flowers in me".  However, the other one ( an omega3 container cut to shape is just sort of there.  what would y'all do with that nifty shape?

vase01.jpg.c9e5ca3a04f064639a45fc7bacd4c7ac.jpgvase02.jpg.3350656b29e58a47fbd54e3f1ff9c353.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It looks to me like an animal of some sort needs to be peeking out of the 2nd one where that dip is. But of course, I'm the kitten lady so what else would I see? 

Love the florals. I love the soft, quiet colors. I think we all need a little soft and quiet some days. It just makes me stop and breathe when I look at it. 

PS to Tampa Doll....what was the "name" of my bag. I notice other ladies have a bag name in their signature. Did they name them or did you? I always assumed that mine was green and gold because you knew I was a Packer fan!  It came as a big surprise (I never knew what a bag lady was and didn't think to ask) and when I jumped in to look at the forum topic and saw the clues about me, I had a laugh about it! But with all that, I don't remember if mine had a name and I can't find the forum any more. 

I named most of the bags.  Sometimes I got help from the girls.  I have one question.  What is the number of your bag?  Do you remember/  If not I will look at my list better tomorrow.

I think I had asked for colors and someone helped me.  I try to match the bag with the  person.

I found it.  Yours was called The Last Bag Lady 2017.  It was the last one I made for quite a while.  I now make them once in a while.  It was tote #141.

Funny how the colors turned out, as it was for December where there is a lot of green and gold.

2 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

PS to Tampa Doll....what was the "name" of my bag. I notice other ladies have a bag name in their signature. Did they name them or did you? I always assumed that mine was green and gold because you knew I was a Packer fan!  It came as a big surprise (I never knew what a bag lady was and didn't think to ask) and when I jumped in to look at the forum topic and saw the clues about me, I had a laugh about it! But with all that, I don't remember if mine had a name and I can't find the forum any more. 

Denise yours is "The Last Bag Lady 2017" as it was the last monthly one that Mary Jo made. 

Edited by bgs

I followed your link and saw all of the bags. Wow, you were busy!  I totally forgot about the broken mailbox key and that the box rode around in my car for a couple of days. That seems so, so long ago. I had to hide the pickle from my cats or it would be a cat toy. 

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane! 

• 2 weeks later...

I needed to make a holder for the paper that I have been using to do some paper crafting - the holder is for me but the items I make do get donated so it is a bit of a charity tag along.  I feel so much better knowing that the paper is properly stored - it bothered me that it was just leaning against a desk and with that front pocket I even have a place for scrappy bits.

It holds 12 X 12 paper pads

papholder02.jpg.18d322de055dee53901b5ffdc0ecfa50.jpgpapholder01.jpg.e55bdd0e327045fa8f8ec2caf92ba478.jpg

• Like 2

Darski, that is a whole lot nicer than the cereal box I use!! Does the white lace in the back do something or did it just happen to be laying there for the picture.

Phoenix is on a tear breaking records for the number of 110+ degree days we are having this year. I think we are up to 39 or something. It makes the weather girl stupidly happy.  113 to 117 is what we will get the next 7 days so that record will shoot up. Yuk. Gotta go stock up on some Powerade. 

I did make a dish cloth last week while waiting with my Dad for a few tests. They told us yesterday that they do not see the need for more chemo. Yay! That can always change, but I think that will boost his enthusiasm for life in general for a while. Thanks for everyone who kept him in your thoughts.

• Like 1

Finally got a picture of a cat mat I finished a week or so ago. I was using some Homespun with "matching" yarn but ran out during this one. I had a bit of a brighter color from a goodwill bag and thought it would look really obnoxious but it is actually very pretty.

Time to dig in my box of gifted homespun and see what other matches I can make.

image.thumb.jpeg.9a040c93ff6da789aecc066040c157a8.jpeg

Edited by babypoohsmom

I just wanted to share this... I got a new (blood sugar) test kit today and the case that came with it is just about useless so I made myself a pretty new one.  Now I can even store my little tissue bits with my other supplies and of course every girl needs some bling

case that came with:dk01.jpg.f9ce74213e4b6f0a927d68b6e735ebd5.jpg

my new pretty one.

dk02.jpg.411f319011650fbc0783f1d29611ebf2.jpg

dk03.jpg.398a9f8a9e70b8e53013f22b20c92de8.jpg

• Like 3

Last night we watched Ant Man and the Wasp (still working on the Marvel Universe)  I made this hat with some Caron basic stripes. After the increase, I did one sc row alternating with one dc row to break up the pooling a bit. Then the fp, bp for the brim. 

image.thumb.jpeg.094b5da64c781818372c99c31732c597.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 11:36 AM, babypoohsmom said:

Last night we watched Ant Man and the Wasp (still working on the Marvel Universe)  I made this hat with some Caron basic stripes. After the increase, I did one sc row alternating with one dc row to break up the pooling a bit. Then the fp, bp for the brim. 

I totally love this hat and your way to fix the pooling is just great :manyheart

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 12:31 AM, babypoohsmom said:

I have gone through phases of thinking I want to just let my grey grow in but I just can't stand it. I'm not ready for a salon yet (as Arizona is such a hot spot for Covid) so I ordered from Madison Reed. I've used it before and it's easy enough.  I love highlights though and can't do those at home.

Anyway, I finally have a picture of that little lap afghan I made. I am using some Homespun that was gifted to me to make cat mats (they are so soft with one strand of Homespun worked in), but I wanted to see if I could do anything else with it. I tried a hat and oh boy...I just could not see my stitches at all. So I decided to go back to the simplest thing and try a granny's square. I love the color and think it will make a nice gift for someone. Maybe just as a lap warmer.  Here it is:

image.thumb.jpeg.257325c5e91edabb0e18170d7f2d1693.jpeg

It really is such soft and beautiful yarn, but maybe it's easier for knitters (or maybe I just need to be more patient). But back to cat mats for now!!

It's not just you!  I've always had trouble working with Homespun!  Just too soft...or something...!  The lapghan is gorgeous!!!

• Like 1

Did someone in this group mention "soap sacks" or was I up in the middle of the night on you tube  again?

I'm trying to figure out if you make them big enough for a box of soap to go inside or just the bar.

I'm also thinking of trying stocking for soldiers again this year. I need small projects for my short attention span. I've never liked any of the patterns I've tried before because the heel isn't smooth and that bugs me (I get that the receipiants probably don't care but it just bugs me.

Now that the Caps are out of the playoffs, I can watch hockey without watching every move! Unfortunately, the first two Cardinals home games will not have spectators. No spectators, no OT for crowd control people like me. Last year I canceled my Direct TV package that plays all the Packers, which saves money, and planned to work any and every game in traffic control this season to save up some $$.

So much for my brilliant fiscal plan.  Oh and as a matter of confession. I was supposed to stop buying yarn, but I went to Walmart and they had a lovely display of the house brand, so I got one skein. I want to encourage it. The yarn is sturdy but soft for cat mats and people hats.

It's nearly midnight and my brain just won't stop...I'm in trouble at work tomorrow if I don't get some sleep now!

10 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Did someone in this group mention "soap sacks" or was I up in the middle of the night on you tube  again?

I'm trying to figure out if you make them big enough for a box of soap to go inside or just the bar.

I think those soap sacks are made for one bar of soap.

Krys

12 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Yes, Krys is correct--they're just for the individual bars of soap.  I made some for stocking stuffers one year, and they were very well received!