Boxing Day 2020 CAL Share any charity work!

babypoohsmom

8 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Getting ready to box up these 14 scarves for Operation Gratitude.

those are so wonderful.  May God bless you and keep you in your giving.

Well I finished the stocking and I have to say that stockings are just not my thing.

But I saw someone who made a little blanket that is attached to a toy, but without the amigarumi. I thought this was a genius idea and I loved making it. This is a stuffed animal from the Dollar Tree. I can for sure make more of these to donate and might even sell some. We'll see. 

image.thumb.jpeg.edcbe6fd3487dde2bb66c685f43384a0.jpegvimage.thumb.jpeg.50f772133ecb557dcdd62750d1b182eb.jpegquilt

• Like 1

Just wanted to share these Christmas gifts I made for 2 friends - I made on for me as well- to keep gratitude in our hearts and minds in 2021.  they are gratitude journals - I made them to suit the personality of each.

grat01.jpg.82149577ccd3c5a3cf0015319ae1483a.jpggrat002.jpg.ed415d11fb553783ed14c089fdac6b2b.jpg

if nothinig else we can be grateful that it is not 2020. :rofl

Edited by darski

On 10/11/2020 at 4:31 PM, babypoohsmom said:

Well I finished the stocking and I have to say that stockings are just not my thing.

But I saw someone who made a little blanket that is attached to a toy, but without the amigarumi. I thought this was a genius idea and I loved making it. This is a stuffed animal from the Dollar Tree. I can for sure make more of these to donate and might even sell some. We'll see. 

image.thumb.jpeg.edcbe6fd3487dde2bb66c685f43384a0.jpegvimage.thumb.jpeg.50f772133ecb557dcdd62750d1b182eb.jpegquilt

That is a good idea & quick :). Just add a "long skirt" in this case it is a " big Bib" added right at a neck line to a toy and you got a Lovey!.

Not everyone can make Amigurumi and those who can that takes a lot of time....!. Hopefully that store bought toy can withstand constant washing & drying.....

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

I forgot to mention that the center is a hair tie. That way it is very secure and the whole thing won't come apart at the pull of one thread. I'm so glad there are people out there smarter than me. 

Darski. I love the idea of a gratitude journal. Some days I feel like every single emotion I have is angry or annoyed. I have been trying to be kind when I'm at the grocery store, etc.  Maybe a journal would help me realize there are more pleasant times than I thougt. I walked into a co-worker's office this morning and she said "It's 9:15 and I am ready to walk out of this place". And she is usually the most calm person in the office. I told her I appreciated her hard work before I left. Poor thing. I've been her so many days!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to practise making some bookmarks with a hidden paperclip inside - still like the idea but my execution needs work  :rofl  so I did a couple of 'the usual suspects'.

booky01.jpg.fdad77f3addf000e45284bae59707132.jpg         booky02.jpg.0ad862bdb33dcabf8feac5c4c04fcc67.jpg

Darski, when you made that bill holder I watched the you tube video and then spent another hour or so watching related videos and saw the fancied up paper clips, but like everything else, have not had time to try them yet. They seem like they would be fun to make. I wondered how practical they would be though. 

1 hour ago, babypoohsmom said:

Darski, when you made that bill holder I watched the you tube video and then spent another hour or so watching related videos and saw the fancied up paper clips, but like everything else, have not had time to try them yet. They seem like they would be fun to make. I wondered how practical they would be though. 

The bill holder -to my mind- has limited usage but it can work nicely for bits you want to keep together around an issue or such.

All the paperclip bookmarks I made and left down stairs were gone in nothing flat.  we have an area in the laundry room where we can share books and I leave the bookmarks there.  I really like that style but I use my Kindle for reading as I cannot hold books (open) in my arthritic hands,  today I made a dozen more bookmarks and I will drop them off sometime soon - I'm guessing they would make nice bits for Christmas gifts if you are giving books.

:skeleton:jackHAPPY HALLOWEEN:jack:skeleton

Today is the day for witches and gobblins.  I know a lot have cancelled this, but so far ours is on.

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Halloween and wether they come or not, be careful of the little hobgoblins.:skeleton

• 2 weeks later...

just wanted to share this bit of fun.  I made this card for a friend and I think it will get a lough or two.  I love making cards with pocket bits so I had to add "lunch".  also the 'end' wiggles :rofl

I have decided I hate paste - the card looks better in RL but the camera shows every flaw in the gluing.

doggy01.jpg.3ed6b2aa83bedf48a4dd48f6f2a327b0.jpg

doggy02.jpg.614d6e0322bf3a35ab8b66d00c463c80.jpg

doggy03.jpg.d687fab48a656ab0f5d8fe3a775c9026.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/11/2020 at 5:31 PM, babypoohsmom said:

That is just adorable.  What a sweet gift!!!

Just a heads up we will be donating directly to the organization that distributes the toys to the kids this year.  I just heard from the school today and they put me in contact with the group they donate to so I can arrange to drop the stuff directly to them this year.   I've been in contact with the woman and they are thrilled as there is a huge need this year and sadly donations are off for many organizations this year with COVID.  I'll let you know when the donation is gone out and we can think about next year again.  The woman at the school wants to get back to it next year but who knows.  At least we know the kids will be getting toys this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Just a heads up we will be donating directly to the organization that distributes the toys to the kids this year.  I just heard from the school today and they put me in contact with the group they donate to so I can arrange to drop the stuff directly to them this year.   I've been in contact with the woman and they are thrilled as there is a huge need this year and sadly donations are off for many organizations this year with COVID.  I'll let you know when the donation is gone out and we can think about next year again.  The woman at the school wants to get back to it next year but who knows.  At least we know the kids will be getting toys this year.

This is great.  I am glad they are going to use the donations.  Yeah, let us know what is what for next year.

I am going to confirm with the woman after I get this donation done that if Aztec isn't able to be up and running next year, who knows what will be going on with the schools in the fall, that she will take the donations directly again next year.  My first preference is to work with the high school kids and support their mission.  However, the real intent is to get the toys to the kids.

DH and I boxed the doll donations today and we have 9 boxes of doll items and one bag of the Our Generation dolls that wouldn't fit into any of the boxes.  Grant it the boxes are all different sizes and I hope to get a picture of them before we drop them off hopefully at the end of this week but that is a considerable amount of work put in by everyone.  Thank you so much!!  We had to try 3 boxes to get one to fit all the doll blankets.  You outdid yourselves!!!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bailey4 said:

DH and I boxed the doll donations today and we have 9 boxes of doll items and one bag of the Our Generation dolls that wouldn't fit into any of the boxes.  Grant it the boxes are all different sizes and I hope to get a picture of them before we drop them off hopefully at the end of this week but that is a considerable amount of work put in by everyone.  Thank you so much!!  We had to try 3 boxes to get one to fit all the doll blankets.  You outdid yourselves!!!

Thank you!  I really enjoy crocheting for this project and seeing all the doll clothes and blankets that are made.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bailey4 said:

Oh WOW that is so cool.  It is always fun working on this project.  Can't wait to see the picture if you can.

• Like 2

712979955_AztecWishesBoxes2020.JPG.png.24db2c7cc3b0bba3e4d003d2c363cce9.png

Sorry got distracted when I posted this in other CAL this morning and it didn't make it here.

I did find it kind of funny that the Walmart doll, clothing, and accessories wouldn't fit in the Walmart box and ended up in a Target box and the Target Doll clothing would only fit in the Walmart box. The Target dolls were too large for any of my boxes. Just need to find humor where we can these days.  These should be at the donation center on Friday afternoon.

Dropped the boxes off this afternoon and the woman I was supposed to see was unavailable but the women I did meet instead were blown away by your donations.  They were mature women who clearly had an appreciation for hand made items and they immediately opened the boxes and were quite stunned by what they found.  They didn't expect the quality or quantity of what was in those boxes.  In the past the students have packaged the requests for the students they've been assigned so they've never seen the stuff as it goes directly from the high school students to the parents to have for Christmas/holiday celebrations.  I don't think they see the raw donations that come in before the students put them all together to be sent on to the parents.

• Like 1