Boxing Day 2020 CAL Share any charity work!

babypoohsmom

The only part I fixed was the shirt.  The skirt, since it has a rubber band for the waist, fits great.  I had to add a couple of rows to the top and of course make sure there were less stitches on the rows I added to the top.  This is a great pattern and if can be made with little change to fit any size doll.

I also have this on an 18" Springfield doll.  She of course is dress for the Eagles.

Eagles Cheerleader 001.jpg

• Haha 1

I have made a few things but didn't get pics posted.  I really wanted to share this one.  The shape is from my fave body wash container - it just screamed "angel"

ang01.jpg.eda11fd9f408d1e7242eef585495efe8.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Oh I love her, but I am partial to angels.  Is that hemp you made her with?

Yes - it is Jute twine.  I really like working with it for these "dolls"

more items for future donation...

A friend asked me to 'make something' of this clock as it  no longer works but she wanted it to look (more) decorative.   someone will enjoy it.   for the little 'bug' I have seen things like this and just wanted to try one.  I might just keep it for the fun of it but at this point it is slated for donation.

clock01.jpg.f1a7ee568ce181120f46bda1987117a7.jpgclock02.jpg.51da401a583932dd2da48c391fa64361.jpgclock03.jpg.db0cee805da1b0efcb5bdb25fd6e5858.jpg

bug01.jpg.8e5332076243e3846ec9a0817baaea50.jpg

• Like 1

Darski such beautiful things.  Thank you for sharing with us.

Finished more ear savers.  May be my last batch because I have pretty well used up my 3/4 and 1 inch button stash.

20200628_123219.thumb.jpg.299c7d535f2977ac44c476d350dc44ff.jpg

• Like 2

I totally love this technique for making a wreath with the cheap vinyl tablecloths.  I have the 'cloths' to make a circle one in 4 different colours/patterns but I saw this gingham and wanted to try it.  I recommend the "Sissy can do it" version on You Tube - I find her easy to follow and she is so down home.  I do 'see' the gingham in this - no , really :devil

wreather01.jpg.d9870e31daf2a99eb1bc2f7034d785ac.jpg

wreather02.jpg.a9d46e0db0c5154bee836e1912e60e9b.jpg

• Like 3

Wow Darski, you have been looking at things with a new eye. I was scrolling and scrolling through the clock pictures and I wondered when I would get to the "bug", which was so cute! You've still got "it" when it comes to crafting. 

And Brenda, the practical side is fun too. My original masks use a hair tie for the elastic and those would be so great for events longer than the grocery store. It doesn't take us crafters long to figure out how to make something we need work better!!

I was literally in bed on the 30th and 1st. Just sick with ears, nose and throat but enough to get me shunned from work, so stayed in bed. Not enough energy to lift a crochet hook. No corona virus, but just a plain old summer cold.  Our fiscal year closes and opens on those very days, so imagine how far behind I am on tasks!  I need fun these next two days to prepare for Sunday night drama (preparing to go back in and face the email backlog!)

I have one little lap blanket almost done that I hope to share soon. Just something I hope will end up with a person in a nursing home who didn't have someone to bring him or her a Christmas gift. A couple of years ago, someone in the CAL said their goal for the year was a gift for everyone in her mom's unit. But I am not sure how that turned out.  But I keep a couple items at the ready. 

Edited by babypoohsmom

I definitely made this for donation as a document keeper.  if you are working on an issue this lets you keep all stuff together in a pretty place.  It lets me use up bunches of the paper stock I have on hand.  Never did scrap-booking in my life but I do love me some shiny stuff.  :devil

I added in the fake Business card and the littler folder for note taking if wanted.  I might just do more of these as they are so easy and so pretty. 

The letters are just stuff from the management co. for my building to show how it works.  You now have to sign your life away to do laundry. :heehee

folder01.jpg.4e9239227787505661c0428821cded6b.jpgfolder02.jpg.2e3e8501c9bb30b3fecfdf15d66467b5.jpg

folder03.jpg.c7299f7336badb7489cef273fb0987d3.jpgfolder04.jpg.301321ca02159e20e74ab4b76ecaa916.jpg

• Like 1

Darski,  that is very clever, cute and functional. Did you make up the pattern in your head? I also have tons of paper and cardstock. Those would be fun little gifts for work people at Christmas. I've already made everyone a crochet dish towel! 

Edited by babypoohsmom

2 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Darski,  that is very clever, cute and functional. Did you make up the pattern in your heard? I also have tons of paper and cardstock. Those would be fun little gifts for work people at Christmas. I've already made everyone a crochet dish towel! 

I saw it on You Tube.  you fold your 12" square on the diagonal - both ways.  then fold your points to the centre but not dead on just really close.  then you decide how you want the thing to look.  I chose to make it a document keeper rather than a crafty thing 

I don't have any double sided papers so it is just where I want the white. 

her 12" paper seems larger than my 12" paper 

I want to share my little farmer who is taking a little break and talking with his friend Birdy.  this was so much fun to make from an old Magnesium container.  I think I would have to use smaller twine next time.  I tried to show a shirt and overalls but - meh.

farm01.jpg.e7ee82f559ed46481069f8f47b160d7f.jpgfarm02.jpg.7524f140f2ff85053c005175f1ab5aae.jpgfarm03.jpg.81fdb5002bf3d1852f91d761435988f2.jpg

• Like 2

Darski, the farmer is adorable. I like the basket of eggs. I don't know how you see a farmer from an empty bottle, but I'm glad you did!!

Tampa Doll, you changed your profile pic! Are you back to doing bags again? Mine gets a lot of use. 

Yeah I changed the picture to what I look like.  I stopped dying the hair last year.  As for the totes, I don't really have anyone to send them to.  Most people on here have them, except for the new memebers.

• Like 1

I have gone through phases of thinking I want to just let my grey grow in but I just can't stand it. I'm not ready for a salon yet (as Arizona is such a hot spot for Covid) so I ordered from Madison Reed. I've used it before and it's easy enough.  I love highlights though and can't do those at home.

Anyway, I finally have a picture of that little lap afghan I made. I am using some Homespun that was gifted to me to make cat mats (they are so soft with one strand of Homespun worked in), but I wanted to see if I could do anything else with it. I tried a hat and oh boy...I just could not see my stitches at all. So I decided to go back to the simplest thing and try a granny's square. I love the color and think it will make a nice gift for someone. Maybe just as a lap warmer.  Here it is:

image.thumb.jpeg.257325c5e91edabb0e18170d7f2d1693.jpeg

It really is such soft and beautiful yarn, but maybe it's easier for knitters (or maybe I just need to be more patient). But back to cat mats for now!!

Edited by babypoohsmom
  • Like 2

I love that granny square - I think I might just start one going...  even if it takes me 6 months to finish a shawl or lapghan it could be nice to have it to grab for a few sts here and there.