Boxing Day 2020 CAL Share any charity work!

babypoohsmom

Denise glad your dad is back home again.  Hopefully there will be no more set backs.  Glad to hear your cousin says the ear savers are appreciated.  I worry about what our medical people are going thru-----some of what they are seeing is going to haunt them the rest of their lives.  Then knowing they are at high risk to catch it themselves and possibly expose their families.  I feel so sad for them and then to see so many people refusing to wear masks in public.

Chris I love all the outfits.  Glad you found a use for the sock yarn. 

Darski :waving

Hi all...well my Dad is doing better. I would say that he is stable now and probably needs some rest so that he can start to improve.  He needs to put on some weight.  I don't feel relaxed yet, but I am hopeful. 

Bailey, I like the little sock yarn outfit. I have a few skeins of sock yarn that I keep under the dilution that one day I can learn to knit, because knit socks are the best. 

I have not been at my sewing machine or crochet hook in a while. I do hope to take some vacation days this summer to just stay in! It's 110+ degrees outside now so I have no interest in anything outside.  

• Like 1

I have been wanting to make something like this statue/doll ?  I just emptied a dishwashing liquid container so here I am.  I think this is something that will either be loved or hated when I donate it to Value Village.

doll01.jpg.79bbfaf2621b9c1e1b4477eb03d1f8bd.jpgdoll02.jpg.348083473ecaaa7864a1dc9864240713.jpgdoll03.jpg.377c986eccb3658a3d4c13da21204e85.jpg

• Like 2

Wow Darski, that is a lot of tiny details. It took me a minute (with the comments from the others) to realize that you DID make it and it wasn't something you wanted to make (like you saw it on Pinterest or something). I will never look at the dish soap the same again! I'm glad you still have creativity flowing.

Bailey, you are really keeping up the pace. Is it my imagination, or are you getting a lot more done this year? Cinderella is adorable. 

I went to my "room" after I got home from work fully intending to work on something, anything. I flipped the TV on and it was on a news channel. I switched as fast as I could and then just sat there and watched the last 40 minutes of Forrest Gump and got nothing accomplished. Sigh. Maybe tomorrow. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Our Generation Dovetailed

I've always followed Darski's color scheme for this pattern but I want to make a 2nd one for the my Life so I'm considering changing up the main color.  We will see what happens.

tht is one of my favourite patterns and it is  nice to see it being used.  one of my flights of fancy (boo, hiss, pun)

Just a note... Christine Anderson - Founder of Celt's Vintage Crochet passed away this morning.  She has had health issues for some time but it was announced that it was Covid19 

I love her vitage patterns - so many great doilyghans from her efforts

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know I can find Darski on here, so I want to thank her for the shoe pattern for my Cheerleader.  My doll is dressed in your pattern called Go Team, I think.  I have used it several times.

Here she is.  Now she is waiting to be shipped to her new home in Ma.  There are also other outfits for her, a tote and 3 doll blankets.

Charity Doll Outfits 2020 (9).JPG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I know I can find Darski on here, so I want to thank her for the shoe pattern for my Cheerleader.  My doll is dressed in your pattern called Go Team, I think.  I have used it several times.

Here she is.  Now she is waiting to be shipped to her new home in Ma.  There are also other outfits for her, a tote and 3 doll blankets.

Charity Doll Outfits 2020 (9).JPG

You are so sweet - glad I was able to help :hug

4 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Daraki, is that pattern on the Ville? I'd like to try that one.

It was but the system crashed when I tried to search for it.  it was originally a 15" Dora pattern and I'm not sure what Tampa Doll did to fix that

I just found out that the PDF has lost the picture - I will try to find a copy somewhere that I can get to--- made a new PDF sorry only one pic in the pattern - it was an early pattern

Here it is:  Wevegottheteam.pdf

8 minutes ago, bgs said:

Tampa Doll made the cheerleader outfit for a 14 1/2 inch doll so she might not have needed to alter it.  

the Dora that I used was a very different body type

Team.thumb.jpg.f4f38e8cb50165819e513c2d597a5ff1.jpg