Boxing Day 2020 CAL Share any charity work!

babypoohsmom

4 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Darski, can you look at a finished item and remember the pattern? I suppose you can given all of the things you have designed and crocheted.  The napkin holder/paint holder is pretty clever. I actually saw Eileen's tacky glue at the dollar tree recently so I picked up a bottle. Good thing I did because mine was completely shot. The new bottle is a lot smaller but I am fine with that because I don't think I have ever used up a bottle, and hate to waste. 

it depends on the pattern - some older ones I cannot figure out every time.  I generally can figure out what  I did to get a shape etc.

the paint holder is from a YT vid - I really do like it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJgnIROk53Y&t=173s

I have started picking up the Aleen's Tacky at DT.  it is a good glue. I have more glue than I can imagine but you always need one more type. :rofl

While I love the 5" dolls I find it hard to work on clothes for that size.  However Tampa Doll introduced me to the 8" and 10" Lots to Love Dolls and I found a bunch of digital patterns on Mary Maxim and recently discovered one of Darski's 10" patterns.  For those of you interested in the 8" they aren't widely available anymore but I recently found them again when Tampa Doll introduced me to CRC Crafts at what I thought was a pretty reasonable price.  I found the 10 inch at Walmart online.   Our store doesn't carry the dolls in store even prior to the current crisis.  I recently found the old Holiday pattern book for the dolls at Annie Potter's online store.  So I'm thinking about making some holiday outfits for the 8" dolls for myself. 

Today however, I am posting about donating one of the 8" dolls for the doll donation. 

Baby Doll Romper

42 minutes ago, Bailey4 said:

While I love the 5" dolls I find it hard to work on clothes for that size.  However Tampa Doll introduced me to the 8" and 10" Lots to Love Dolls and I found a bunch of digital patterns on Mary Maxim and recently discovered one of Darski's 10" patterns.  For those of you interested in the 8" they aren't widely available anymore but I recently found them again when Tampa Doll introduced me to CRC Crafts at what I thought was a pretty reasonable price.  I found the 10 inch at Walmart online.   Our store doesn't carry the dolls in store even prior to the current crisis.  I recently found the old Holiday pattern book for the dolls at Annie Potter's online store.  So I'm thinking about making some holiday outfits for the 8" dolls for myself. 

Today however, I am posting about donating one of the 8" dolls for the doll donation. 

Baby Doll Romper

I loved working on the 10" LtL dolls.  I think there are at least 3 of my patterns for them.  I'll look for them and add the PDF's here if you want them.  I never found the 8" or 5" dolls around here.

Thanks Darski I'd really appreciate the links.  I'm looking forward to trying something new this year for the donation.  The 8" dolls arrived from CRC today and they are adorable.  Got a notice that the 10" shipped yesterday from Walmart.

Edited by Bailey4

Darski you are a sweetheart.  The only one I found when I went through the forum was the last one the sweetly.  Thank you again for all your help.  I've downloaded, saved, and printed all of them.

• Like 1

Baby Isabella

This may be the last of the 16" baby doll donations for the year.  I'm working on several of the small baby dolls to donate and I have to start the 2 18" dolls as well.  I am pleased with the amount of items for the dolls.  I think this is one of the larger donations for them I've made in a few years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Baby Isabella

This may be the last of the 16" baby doll donations for the year.  I'm working on several of the small baby dolls to donate and I have to start the 2 18" dolls as well.  I am pleased with the amount of items for the dolls.  I think this is one of the larger donations for them I've made in a few years.

I really really love this one.  You are rocking with the dolls this year.  Seeing your accomplishments really brighten my day. 

3 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Baby Isabella

I really like this outfit - I too like to have some texture and interest in patterns - even if I don't get it.  I usually have to depend on colour for interest.  such a sweet look for these dolls. :heart

Bailey the Isabella outfit is adorable! Glad to see you are getting so much done. 

Is anyone in a city that is on lockdown? Our governor just announced that bars, gyms, movie theaters, etc will be closed.  We have about a week's worth of food in the house. Trying not to panic purchase, but we are going to need protein soon. Chicken or ground beef or something!!

We got a memo at work today that basically said... No, we are not shutting down and you should actually prepare your families as you will probably be working more hours than usual. But I guess that is what we have to do. Everyone is paying a price in one way or another right now.  Hope you are all well and keeping your spirits up. 

Since there is no more hockey to watch, I guess I won't have any hockey hats, so....here is my "Avengers: End Game" hat. I share Netflix with my brother and he shares Disney+ with me, so I guess we have plenty of movies for now. 

This yarn did not have a ball band. Not sure when I got it. I started with 9dc at the crown, and it came out pretty small. It fits me but is very tight, but it will fit a young person nicely. On the 2nd round, I put a fpdc at the start of each repeat for the texture. It is a chunky yarn, probably a 5 or 6.

I just realized that the join seam is at the front of the picture, lol, of course.

image.thumb.jpeg.e5ebde30179606a5ce8c7df99f8f0aca.jpeg

Edited by babypoohsmom

I think this may just be useful to someone or other but I have to wait to be able to give it away - unless I put it in our give 'n take in the laundry room.  However I need that towel for my kitchen so I will have to get another one for this.  it is also hard to get a heavy quality towel onto the bar.  I'm afraid it is more decorative than useful but beauty has its own uses.

holderz01.jpg.2347da2f33de88f76f50aecbbb1fa007.jpgholderz02.jpg.2eae3d506de9968c933811c84a845f6d.jpg

• Like 1

Lots to Love 8" Doll Sun Suit

I'm starting to build a wardrobe to donate with this doll.  I started a Moses basket last night from the pattern set.  I am having to make the bottom a bit larger as this doll seems wider than the original pattern intended.  It will all work out eventually.

Edited by Bailey4
  • Like 1

a special favour please Chris...

I have finally finished this pattern - the original copyright was 2018 and I couldn't take pics until I finished 2 rows of dc around each leg :rofl

Would you be willing to try this pattern to see if it fits your baby dolls?  it fits Baby Born but I find him to be bigger than other 16" babies.  it is also a generous fit <<sigh>>

ifp02.thumb.jpg.014f191d9b46b907371251991aaa0d6c.jpgPDF is here:feel pretty.pdf

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bailey4 said:

I'm honored Darski and I will definitely work on this.  I have to see what I have for yarn  on hand as I'm clearly not getting yarn any time soon.

it is Sport weight/ babyish yarn.  :ty

Darski, that is adorable! Bailey, I can look around and see what baby weight yarn I have if you'd like. I can pop some in the mail to you. My friend called me today and said that she had to wait 2 hours in line to get in to Joanns today because they are only letting a small number of people in to the store at once. She was trying to get supplies to make face masks. Some food stores in AZ won't let you in without one. I have made a few using thin hair ties for the ear loops. They are a bit tricky, but I have the hang of it now.  Not sure if I told you that my Dad has been in hospital and found out he has cancer in his uretha. He got home today so I have been dashing back and forth from my house and his. I am all out of whack...I was up sewing at 2:30 last night and I am typing this at 1:30am!!

Here is the mask with hair ties. Made a few for the girls in the rescue. They are not meant as any type of protection for aerosol discharges, just really a reminder to not touch your nose or mouth out in public.

image.thumb.jpeg.7363f65e16b468d1747ae28acec89c2c.jpeg

Edited by babypoohsmom
  • Like 1

Thanks for the offer that is so sweet.  You guys make this place so special.  I have some Nicole 3 weight yarn I got from AC Moore before it closed and I have the dress almost done.  It needs buttons.  I still need to make the hat and panties.  I want to make another so each doll has one.

Well Bailey, so many people are going without so many things these days, I'd hate to have so much yarn when someone is home with none!  Glad that you are rolling along and getting so much done.