Boxing Day 2020 CAL Share any charity work!

babypoohsmom

11 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Well Bailey, so many people are going without so many things these days, I'd hate to have so much yarn when someone is home with none!  Glad that you are rolling along and getting so much done. 

I have so much yarn I have been packing to donate but I'm not sure if people will take it at this time.  will have to ask my friend to delivers it for me.  

yarn1.jpg.fc7f82806453a0faf09c6a5613f6eb0a.jpg

33 minutes ago, Bailey4 said:

Here's my first attempt at your new pattern Darski

I Feel Pretty Baby Doll Dress

thank you for this.  I'm hoping this will work for others.  Baby Born is an all vinyl doll so there are no cotton parts to cover.  I might add info about adding rows for the sleeves if needed.  :ty:heart

having gotten one pattern done and seen to I decided to get the other Baby Born pattern finished... I have pics so now it is just the typing >>sigh>>  the pattern is called B & B- a bed and breakfast kind of thing.

I am including a pic of the Baby Born doll au naturel  :rofl  he is a good 16inches long and quite full bodied because of the hard vinyl

bnb012d.jpg.c5a9bb7c8146f4195c6fe2161bc2be19.jpg

bnb01.thumb.jpg.030bf25a7ed8925f06f2aabc392024c5.jpg

bnb011.jpg.fba5ac37e062cd96ec4157deb15fe02d.jpg

• Like 1

Darski he's adorable!!

Finished my first 18" doll outfit for the donation.  Was thinking it would be for the Our Generation but I ended up ordering a Walmart doll because as I previously experienced with my niece's doll when I first started making the clothes (she's in college now)  the Our Generation dolls are slightly larger than the dolls I generally make clothes for and the fit for this dress was tight getting on and off.  It fit the doll Darski gave me a while back and so I ordered one from Walmart and we will have split doll donation.  The clothes that fit one will go with one set and the clothes that fit the bigger dolls in the other.  I'm not wasting clothes.  I just have to do what I did before when I was making clothes for my niece's doll and make them a little more generous in certain areas.

Off the Shoulder Dress

• Like 1

I have found the "My Life" dolls to be heftier than the other dolls I have and I have several types.  My Our Generation doll is - if anything- trimmer than my others.  My Sunny - OG doll- was the first 18" doll I received  so the sizing may have altered over the years.  I got her in 2007.  (that is the date of the first pattern I made for her.

I don't know what to tell you as I've never measured them.  I only recently have had an OG one to work on I just made the clothes and my niece would bring her doll to try them on and sometimes while they fit the Springfield doll fine they'd be a bit snug on the OG so I learned to make them a little loose for the Springfield doll so they'd fit her doll.

After you gave me the My Life I've never had trouble fitting an outfit I sized on the Springfield doll fitting the My Life doll.  This outfit I started out working on the OG doll as a model and quickly realized I needed to alter the outfit or fit it the My Life doll.  So, who knows.  I'll figure out how to get the clothes to fit the OG dolls it will just take some practice.  As I said it's been a while as the child I was making them for is now an upper classman in college.

just a quick thought... we have a chain known as Giant Tiger and they have the Newberry dolls for $34.00 Cdn.  they look like a  nice doll; I wondered if you had access to them and if they would be a reasonable alternative for 18" dolls.

;Amazaon.com does not have these dolls that I could find

The dolls look beautiful.  The only place I can see online offering them here is Kmart/Sears.  I still think the Walmart are likely going to be my long term solution.  I really do like the one you sent me.  I know the clothes fit.  After this year I think I may just continue down that road once I finish off my OG dolls.  I am thinking for the moment that is my easiest solution.

Darski, that little boy outfit is so cute, that really made me smile.  The brown and blue are so sweet together, but it doesn't look like you forced the colors so it could be for a boy. Does that make sense? 

And Bailey, I have been using a Walmart doll to fit my dresses, which seem to be a bit tight...but I'm not really in the practice of changing doll clothes. I should get these to you so you can tell me if they are too tight before I make anything else.  I ransacked my mom's stash looking for 1/4" elastic for bigger masks and found some. Now I need to go back to the simple skirt pattern Darski sent me long ago that I set aside because I couldn't find any elastic at my house. I love the dress because it's so cute, but would like to try something new. Also I need to look for the correct pattern/size for a beanie hat. I like making hats! 

My Dad had his left kidney removed today. It's so odd that I can't go to the hospital to see him. He was already up and walking today, so that seems encouraging. I haven't touched yarn in about two weeks because I keep getting requests from friends for masks, which I am happy to do. It will be nice though to get back to other fun things.  I have a nearly-complete granny's square lap blanket that I would like to finish! 

13 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Darski, that little boy outfit is so cute, that really made me smile.  The brown and blue are so sweet together, but it doesn't look like you forced the colors so it could be for a boy. Does that make sense? 

the yarn was leftovers from a ghan that I did years ago.  the blue and the beige just happened to be what I had enough of to do the set.  I had used up most of the other leftovers for hats :wlol

I actually do like these two together and since boy babies are the best babies it worked out well

14 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

And Bailey, I have been using a Walmart doll to fit my dresses, which seem to be a bit tight...but I'm not really in the practice of changing doll clothes. I should get these to you so you can tell me if they are too tight before I make anything else.  I ransacked my mom's stash looking for 1/4" elastic for bigger masks and found some. Now I need to go back to the simple skirt pattern Darski sent me long ago that I set aside because I couldn't find any elastic at my house. I love the dress because it's so cute, but would like to try something new. Also I need to look for the correct pattern/size for a beanie hat. I like making hats! 

My Dad had his left kidney removed today. It's so odd that I can't go to the hospital to see him. He was already up and walking today, so that seems encouraging. I haven't touched yarn in about two weeks because I keep getting requests from friends for masks, which I am happy to do. It will be nice though to get back to other fun things.  I have a nearly-complete granny's square lap blanket that I would like to finish! 

I'll be donating at least one Walmart and One Our Generation Doll this year so they'll be a Walmart doll to wear the dresses.  Generally when the outfits are tight I go up a hook to see if that loosens them up enough to make them fit. 

I hope your Dad recovers quickly.  While understandable the hospital restrictions are really hard on patients and families.

It was funny my SIL was talking to DH about making the T-shirt no sew masks and discussing how the pony tail holders weren't big enough for the ears and how they went with shoe laces tied to the pony tail holders to make their masks work.  I mentioned to DH that do to all the doll clothes I made I was pretty sure we had enough elastic to make the mask ear holds.  It took two tries to get the right fit for both of us but I plan on using those for doll skirts as they are about the right size and already sewn together!!  I do wish I could sew with a traditional machine though because the t-shirt masks are rather bulky and my hand sewing isn't going to make "cut it" for making the sewn masks. 

I did the tulip doilyghan ages and ages ago and even started the hat and sweater. 

since I have been clearing out my yarn I decided to just put on my big girl panties and finish the set.  ready to go for donation when the world rights itself again.  I think I need to add a button to the flower on the hat.

tulip03.jpg.dcd90fe94039fd9aaf64ed8f6afc8fcb.jpg

• Like 1

I am wondering if this round ripple would work for a dolly blankie for your donation?  it is about 27" from point to point but it is a bit iffy when wrapping a baby :rofl

this is one of the WIP's from my yarn room that I am fixing or throwing as the case may be.

ring01.jpg.3c7ed5a484731920712ba23c2a4ff9d1.jpg

ring02.thumb.jpg.49f75d843d4c440def364f37ebfecf7e.jpg

• Like 2

Working on more 18" doll donations.  Finished up one of Darski's sweaters I hadn't made before and paired it with a free skirt pattern.

18" doll Ribbed Effect Skirt and Mock Turtleneck Sweater

Was working on what I thought would be a simple top yesterday, but for the life of me I couldn't read directions and since I sewed in the ends I will be starting again today.  I think I have all the kinks worked out this time but who knows.  This isn't one of yours Darski.  I should have stuck with yours.

• Like 1

Darski, I don't think the blanket looks iffy at all. It looks comfy all wrapped up snugly!!

I don't know when I will get back to any "routine" in my life that involves crocheting and sewing until my Dad is back on his feet. I feel like half the year is wasted and I have no gifts started. When the girl that works for me is allowed to come back in to the office, maybe I will take a bit of time off here and there. I don't even have kittens in the house because I am afraid they will be neglected because I will be focused on things at Dad's house. So, send some healing vibes my Dads way, if you could. 

I found a bright pink waffle scarf I started and now I can't figure out the stitch to finish it. My brain is going to need a re-boot!