Boxing Day 2020 CAL Share any charity work!

babypoohsmom

Doll Blanket

These have become my travel project this year.  Any time I have to go some place and wait I have a doll blanket in my bag to work on and it helps me relax.  I have a basket weave one in there now.  No idea when it will be finished but it is there when I need a waiting for someone else project.

I started a new dress Wednesday night with some I Love This Yarn that I got for Christmas. I have to say that I am not impressed. I know that I crochet tightly but the sparkle part of the yarn just seemed to be barely wrapped around the base color and it broke about 7 times while I was doing the bodice. The light purple seems to be holding up better, but I would never buy this yarn. The Joanns sparkle yarn was much easier to work with and a lot softer. This still needs some more rows, but here it is...

image.thumb.jpeg.7d6fe185d708185756d60f0b8513c997.jpeg

Bailey, just saw your doll blanket post. I always have a crochet project in my car. I have a small bag that always has cotton yarn and a hook so I can do wash cloths. I do not sit still well at all.  Lol, I would crochet at red lights if I could.  I have no problem crocheting in public. I do it all of the time. Sometimes people will ask about what I am doing or tell me that they or their mom, or whomever, used to crochet. I don't mind making small talk about my yarn projects. 

8 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

I started a new dress Wednesday night with some I Love This Yarn that I got for Christmas. I have to say that I am not impressed. I know that I crochet tightly but the sparkle part of the yarn just seemed to be barely wrapped around the base color and it broke about 7 times while I was doing the bodice. The light purple seems to be holding up better, but I would never buy this yarn. The Joanns sparkle yarn was much easier to work with and a lot softer. This still needs some more rows, but here it is...

image.thumb.jpeg.7d6fe185d708185756d60f0b8513c997.jpeg

Sorry the sparkly yarn not working out but I like the colors together.

8 hours ago, pineknott said:

37 nests delivered to the wildlife expo today,they were overjoyed with them,yay

Totally WOW.  I am so envious of your ability to make the nests.  In my best days I could not work something so tight.  I would have loved to make those and donate them to our local society.  You are very blessed to be able to do this work. (((hugs)))

55 minutes ago, darski said:

Woohoo!!!

made this in only 2 days - I'm not counting on anything but it felt so good.

47164065_didit.jpg.674bd38cd236061e899a591088dc87ab.jpg

Such a pretty pattern and color!  I am so excited that you were able to make it.

Darski! I am so excited that you've been able to crochet!  2 days to make a hat is amazing given that you did not think you'd be crocheting again. And is that hat a "Divine" message?  I love that pattern. 

1 hour ago, babypoohsmom said:

Darski! I am so excited that you've been able to crochet!  2 days to make a hat is amazing given that you did not think you'd be crocheting again. And is that hat a "Divine" message?  I love that pattern. 

Yes it is a Divine hat... my goto hat pattern.

I decided to try crocheting a hat because I had used that purple in a craft item and just had to try again.  These Hat Ornaments are so cute and such fun to make.

257136115_hatorn.jpg.0aa19ecb0c43d7680bc4adae07fc34da.jpg

this is the video I followed to make them... even kids can do this 

Darski, I was never much of a freehand cutter. About 20 years ago, my annoying older brother was at my mom's house and we were working on a project. I must have folded and cut a dozen pieces of paper trying to get a "perfect heart". My brother picked up one piece, folded, cut, and produced a perfect heart. So annoying! I still have it. I wrote "Jim's heart" on it lest I forget he out-did me once again! Anyway, good luck. I have no advice except to ask my brother for help! 

Bailey, are the projects you are posting new ones that you have made this year or are they ones you have already sent off and you are catching up on posting? Either way, love them! I wanted to start another Darski Dress last night, but I had other things to get done! 

My brother (yes the annoying one) got me a subscription to Crochet World for Christmas and the first one finally showed up today. I am leaving to go do some off duty work tonight so I will save it for when I get home and need to relax! So excited. I have had many quilt magazines before, but not a crochet magazine except the one that went out of business right after I subscribed!

image.thumb.jpeg.3373ee23bff7b1ee76c2452eebd535f1.jpeg

Edited by babypoohsmom

I posted the last project of last year on Jan 14th

Everything since has been this year's donations.  I have to start with many of the same projects each year for a new group of kids but I start up right after the last donations go in in order to get enough made for next November/December depending on the drop off date.

What a thoughtful Christmas present.  Crochet World is the only crochet magazine I get by subscription anymore.  All the others I subscribed to over the years keep getting canceled.  I do pick up a few British magazines around Christmas each year as a treat at Barnes & Noble.

Edited by Bailey4

My dear sister in Christ lost her shih tzu a year ago and when I saw this technique on You Tube I just had to make one. 

I made it in blue so that it would not completely reminder her of Angel.

I showed her this pic and she loved it.  If she wants it I will give it to her but I'm not pushing.  it looks so cute in real life but unfortunately I have to do pics to share her.

shih04.jpg.995e3440d290f092b9b951d95e74dabd.jpg

• Like 1