2017 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be starting the new thread next week.

I'm enjoying a few minutes quiet before the girls wake up. New baby brother is supposed to come home this afternoon. We'll have a house full of company tonight for the fireworks, then family lunch here Christmas day.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

I haven't been here since Dec. 2. I've been making hats and wreath pins. I used up 2 balls and rolled down 2 skeins (+ 4) :cheer .  A friend wanted a black hat, but I didn't have any black :yarn, the next day she brought me a skein and said I could keep any extra :yarn (- 2). I made her a hat, and rolled the skein down (+1).

WTD:  + 3  YTD:  + 70

Ellie 13

:ctreeMERRY CHRISTMAS ! :wreath

Sorry! We've been Christmasing with the girls today and I haven't thought about posting the scores! I finished up the Moorland CAL and rolled a few of the skeins into balls.

Here we go!

Gold - ladychris2010 +10

Silver - inkked0317 +8

Bronze - howieann +5

Ellie13 +3

Holding steady - pineknott 0

Enjoying something new - PBLKNP -2

Shoot the moon - greyhoundgrandma -10

Ladies I am about to make a HUGE dent in my YTD score tomorrow! I've got over $100 to spend on yarn, there's a big yarn sale at Michael's, and I have my list for everything I need for the projects I know I want to make next year, so I'm all ready to go! I'm claiming the last Shoot the Moon for the year before I even go shopping lol

I just might join this group!  I've been so busy making little things with thread, for Christmas gifts that I might have problems working with my big hooks again!!  But I'll just work through the "pain"! :lol  Now to dig through my patterns (and probably, yet again, go with my favorite patterns!)

I'll be reporting back in the New Year!  

We would be glad to have you, Collette!

I had the GDs most of the day and have a meeting tonight, so haven't gotten through a second skein yet.

Reminder: This is the last week of the year for this thread. Please post both your WTD and YTD scores on Saturday.

Back from Michael's...51 skeins later lol...plus the 20 I was gifted....yup I'm a happy hooker hahaha. But every single thing I bought was for a specific project so I'm completely fine taking the hit to my score this week! 

Well, I feel a little better about this week's score. I received kits for 4 blankets! That's a ton of yarn. Combined with all the stash projects I have, I shouldn't need to buy anything next year! You know, at least for a couple of weeks when something new catches my eye!

It's nice to be stocked up for specific projects!

I'm looking forward to working on the moorland and woodland cal blankets. That's 30 skeins-- I'm just wondering how close you come to using up the skeins.

Used another skein in the shawl...+2..= +4

Picked up 7 more skeins yesterday lol. Luckily my two oldest did a huget clean out of their room and wound up with two empty bins so now I have somewhere to put all this new yarn heeheeheehee 

Wow!  This is how many projects you've done for the year, Lyn?!!  That's awesome!

LoL  I think I can count on one hand how many things I've gotten done this year.  Hoping this coming year will prove more productive for me ~ ;)  Come to think of it, I think I've done better towards the end of this year.

Well, after posting a reply to PineKnott here (without realizing "where" I was at ~ LoL), I read over the rules of joining the game here and how it works, and this sounds like fun . . . and something that would be beneficial to my using up all my skeins and balls of yarn!  I'd like to give this a try for the coming year ~ :hook

2 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

The 2018 thread is up. We'll be glad to have you in the group!

:ty    Would it be okay to post my 2017 scores, from what I can figure I've done lately??  Kind of a practice run for me, so I know what I'm doing . . . I think? LoL   WTD:  -1 (got a ball gave to me last weekend)    YTD:  +7  (skeins and 1 ball I used up in that Log Cabin afghan I finished last week)

That's great, Mona! :)  I bought some Mandala/Sphinx yarn to make myself a shawl ~ "Lost in Time".  It's such a beautiful shawl that Mijo Crochet designed . . . hope mine turns out just as pretty.  (sorry I can't find my link to post to her)  She's got several beautiful shawl patterns ~ she works with a lot of colors and blends.

What's the name of the shawl you're working on? and the color(s) you're using?

Archived