2017 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

wow not many scores this week! 

I realized I forgot about my negative score from monday so I'm actually at -12 for this week!

I'm not going to post scores until around 530 or so to give some others a chance to post theirs!

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I tried to give people ample time to get their scores in but it's most likely everyone has very busy schedules for the holidays.

Gold Medal Winner:  Inkked0317  +11
Silver Medal Winner: Kayla Kitsa +4
No Bronze

Holding steady at zero are PBLKNP and GreyhoundGrandma 

and Shooting the Moon for 2 weeks in a row is yours truly MalisaMeesa

It's certainly a busy time! Our cal has gotten quite small. If there is interest to continue it in the new year, we will, even if there are just a few of us. It helps make me aware of trying to use the yarn I have rather than buy more just because its pretty. Although sales are my downfall. This is the first year that I may actually finish the year in the positive. One of my aims for the first of the year is to clean up my craft room and try to better organize my yarn.

I’m definitely interested in continuing for the next year.  This is the source of great merriment in my household - “Did you do your stash totals yet??” And “you know, that haul you got from online has to be reported!”  LOL!  Also, it’s nice to know I’m not alone in my struggles to manage my yarn stash! 

Wool Warehouse's dk acrylic woodland 15 colors kit for Attic24's CAL in January. I'm looking forward to a relaxing time crocheting after the holiday rush. It seems to be an easy pattern--a wave ripple-- and she plans the colors, so it's no thinking about it for me.

I will probably have an ugly week. I brought home some yarn that I had bought for a library program. It wasn't used and I wasn't going to be reimbursed because I misplaced the receipt. So I also wasn't going to donate it. I also had an order come in for a tree skirt for my daughter.

I ordered the kit for the Woodland CAL, too! I love the colors! I really need to finish up the Moorland one. It just needs the border, but Christmas-ing has gotten in the way!

Mona...that's a wonderful first month on WW! Way to go!!

Holly..that's not an ugly week, that's a week full of possibility!!!

This week I finished up the Lego blanket I had started last week, using up 3 skeins (+6). I've started a mermaid doll for my youngest, but haven't used anything up yet...

This week has also seen 4 of the 6 of us sick (including me), and me really struggling with the Lego blanket because I always seem to forget how much I HATE edging and joining individual pieces into a larger project...I didn't touch yarn or hooks for two days straight because I already felt crummy and just didn't want to deal with edging and joining...and I only allow myself one WIP at a time so I didn't have the option of working on anything else...

The mermaid I've started today is the very last project on my to-do list for 2017. After that, I'll be getting everything organized for 2018 projects and making up my to-do list!

WTD: +6

YTD: +511

Scores for the week ending 12/16/17:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +6

PBLKNP 0

greyhoundgrandma -30

Shoot the Moon Winner: howieann -34

Only two weeks left in this year. I can hardly believe it--it's gone by so fast!

My order of 5 skeins came in today, so looks like I'll probably end the year in the negatives unless I really get in gear next week.  -10 for now

Our grandson arrived today--9 1/2 pounds. A super busy day with his two sisters here and trying to get some cooking, etc done for Christmas Eve and Day.

I keep forgetting about this which is why I haven't posted in here much. But I've had the luck to use up a small amount of skeins and balls within the past couple of weeks thanks to orders and christmas gifts.  

+ 10

Thanks, Jessie!

Glad to have you back, ladychris!

Today is going to be a tornado of a day--lots to do before Christmas Eve and I still have the girls. So I'm  posting in this early morning lull and may not have a chance to pop back in.

WTD -10

I confess there was a yarn purchase...in my defense, I was only in Michael’s looking for stocking presents!  I know, that’s like saying you’re only in the cat house to hear the piano player... I had NO idea that lion brand now sells large skeins of its Wool-Ease Thick & Quick!  It was just perfect for a last-minute Christmas project (bed socks). So...

Stashbuster Total: WTD -2 YTD +57

:lol

This week I made a fourth mermaid for my youngest and that used 2 skeins and one ball (+5). I then tried to go the rest of the year without starting a new project but that only lasted 3 days lol.last night I started a scrap granny thing and used up 3 balls (+3). This will be my only project for the rest of the year, I swear!  I'm posting from my phone so I'll update my signature & YTD later but....

WTD: +8

Tomorrow we'r hosting my husband's family for dinner & presents and then Monday is my side of the family. 

I wish all of you a wonderful Christmas full of love and beautiful memory making!!♡

Archived