Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Okay here is the list of everyone I have for e-mail address. If I left you out please resend it to me and let me know. Thank you

greyhoundgrandma

#1Crochetfan

Kati Bug

TampaDoll

minwifeof4boys

Avon Lady

bgs

katyallen I sent you a pm. I know you have an updated email address. Please send it.

For those of you I have just a phone number

Imma Freek

dragnlady5

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah Charis I remember last year at this time you were super busy with the programs.  Good Luck.

The Admins only allowed the wish list people to give out addresses, as they were given permission to share it.

Well, the tree people were here early and took no time at all to take down the two trees up front and trim the 3 in back.  When I answered the door, there were 2 guys.  Before I knew it, there were 4.  They did a good job.  I am going to show you what they did.

If you look out the front window, you can see the hibiscus tree and in front of that, is the sago palm.

The second picture is how it looks after they left. We moved the bird bath to the front of the hose.

June 2010 Table 005.jpg

Irma Repaired (4).JPG

Charis glad to hear you got them and that they came at a good time for you.  Enjoy your programs and try not to stress too much over them (easier said than done right?) 

Mary Jo sure looks different.  I loved your yellow hibiscus.  My sister had one but it was just a little houseplant here so seeing it as tree outside your window was always amazing.  I loved those yellow with a pink blush double blooms.  It actually became a lot of work for TurtleLvr to maintain and email the address list.  At one time the list got up to 100 people.  Amy's suggestion that we contact each other for addresses eliminates all that work and keeps us in compliance with the admin wishes.  I bumped up my post about the thank you thread and added Amy and Donna's names in the title to see if that might get their attention. I had been hoping that with Terri back we could have at least had a holiday or Christmas card wish list but that whole section has been messed up since May.

oh mj that looks o much better and you have  a  VIEW again lol that looks like my car parked in the driveway  at your neighbors

across the street lol   well all i can say is that i was advised  not to pass out a list anymore

i was never told why but i  as i was told and actually  i think it works out well this way anyway  lol

as for you ms Sandra great idea to try at this time once again to get all our emails  one can never predict what 

might happen today or tomorrow or next week even so for those of you wanting to keep on the active loop please email me or pm  me or  Sandra (Owlvamp) an active valid email if you want to be kept in the loop  thank you Sandra for your continuing work on this project!!  i cant stress enough how important this is to those of us wanting to stay in touch if you dont care i guess dont send us one??   i know how having just a few email addys when i was locked out sure helped me stay in the loop even though i could not get on so  it is a precaution we all should heed now before maybe it becomes too late  thank you avonlady and i will forward yours to Sandra today too  i think its important we all have a copy of her list once completed   

In other things i  have not  heard from several people for a long time so i think i will leave them on our list with a notation no update available so people know i dont have any clue if their colors sizes address or other info has changed  i changed the name of the thread to read granny squares for those that hat need them- Cal  2017  im hoping a rush of new members will sign up  lol  fingers crossed anyway  Dec is just a day or two away already!! 

i am continuing working for a couple fav charities and will mail out all i have for them come DEC    its going to be a new year in a short time and so we will have to think of something new to bring in members lol just a heads up so put on your thinking caps ok!! maybe a monthly raffle or prize or giveaway or bonus  i dunno im just thinking out loud again  maybe a new member acknowledgement or something i dunno  or a most posts  prize for the month or or or  help me lol  best project or funniest crochet related story or or or   lol     

Hello.

Mary Jo, your tree guys did a great job. Some people here are still waiting for tree services to finish clearing out trees uprooted by Irma.

It was a busy day again and I think its catching up with me. We had a fund raiser fun run at school today which was tiring and messed up schedules for the day so everyone was a little bit out of sorts. I spent about an extra hour at work to try to get ahead of myself and then gave a friend a ride home. I picked a burrito and chips for dinner from Moe's southwest grill. I was feeling good until I walked into my house and then I was exhausted so I took a quick shower before eating because I was afraid if I sat down I wouldn't get back up. Maybe I'll do a little crocheting before I fall asleep.

Guess that's about it for me. Hope you all have a great night.

thank you Holly and me too!! Hoping it is not going to happen but we are in the dirk anymore so dont know what to expect

and probably wont get much warning if it is eminent huh  thanks glad you sent it  i hope we all can get on her list and when complete we hope to all get a copy emailed huh!  lol 

Brught sun  shiney day here sun is on my work table and maxie found it earlier and sunned for a good little while and mama scrambled to put away her things so he would have a place in the sun lo

its so bright in fact hard to see the lap top screen lol  

so on that note i will signoff now and enjoy the sunshine too see ya later  :manyheart

Well Mary Jo tree trimmers worked here today and they havent cleaned up near as good as your guys did but it was just the two of us and it was a big tree-----trunk 30 inch diameter about 4 foot from the ground.  Didnt fall exactly where we wanted but was within the ok zone. It fell on big branches which kept the whole thing suspended 10 foot off the ground. Big sigh of relief when we finally got it on the ground with no serious injuries (dh scraped the back of his hand).  This one died a couple of years ago.  Another died this year but I think we will have to hire somone to climb and drop parts of it at a time.  We are getting too old for this.   

Ok, I decided it was to hard and we are to old and decrepit to handle the taking down and trimming of the trees.  We have a problem here with the county telling us what trees we can take down.  There is a very, very big tree across the street that when it comes down, depending on which way it falls someone is going to have damage to the house.  The Tree Fairies (county) won't let them take it down.  Certain trees we have to ask permission and others we do not.  You can take down all the pine, palms and flowering trees you want.  Oh if you take out a tree that they say is ok, you have to replace it with another one. 

I heard from Lea, she is having trouble getting on and when she gets on she gets lost.  At this time she is not collecting squares.

On that note I am going to shut down and say goodnight.  Must get ready to watch the Redskins beat some Cowboy butts.:rofl

Good Morning everyone.

I have some time, as we are coloring my hair, so I thought I would get on now.

I heard from Lea and all is well, and she has some news.

Now are we all sitting down?

After 3 generations, there will finally be a baby girl in the family.  Her son Josh and his wife Jenn are having a little girl in April.  They are over the moon and so excited.  She will be grand #5.

Now this poor little thing will not only be the royal princess, she will have to contend with 5 boys ahead of her.  Can you just imagine her first date?

So Lea said it was a wonder none of us head her screaming when they found out.  Can you say excited?

Have a fun day, off to decorate when I am done with the hair.

well congratz to her and hers!!all that is  lacy and frilly and pink!! what fun!! 

well i got my biz on the phone done today and paid some bills and ordered a couple things and spend an hour with a virtual agent online to walmart  for a package not recd and i ordered it nov 19  but tracking says it was delivered  well not to here anyway lol so they are replacing the item with no charge as it shouldn't be i already paid for it once so  we looked all over for it but was coming usps so no sign of it yet so this order  or reorder should be here on the 5th     

that i can deal with lol  so then i ordered a couple things from Target just didn't feel like taking the chance again at walmart but they did do me right there in the end soo    4

the water is off again  least this time we got a note on the door yesterday   so we had time to save some water you know last time it was off for 8 hours no warnings or notices an no one had a chance to put up some water for essentials you know  lol  handy went off to lay in some maxie fancy feast and probably will grab lunch to bring home with him for us  max thinks hes a great hunter just goes out and comes in with all those cans!! he has to watch

handy put them all away its his thing  i think he is counting them lol 

and i have another thing on my list today  and that is to seal up my final box for pine ridge youth center and get that off tomorrow  there are 12 scarves in it this time and last mailing to them for this year anyway  lol  and i will get Kristy's  puffy out too at the same time and then i am done for the year lol  yay   

then i can get about the Christmas planning and such lol 

i did order something for myself today which i seldom do but is is needed so  i got a wrist blood pressure digital monitor on the way   doc said dont get the cheapest or the most expensive so i found a good one in the middle lol

i didn't trust santa for this gift i wanted to compare shop lol     besides ill probably just get coal in my stocking anyway lol 

what are you all wanting for your santa gift this year anyway??  i was wanting a dvd player for the bedroom tv but daughter now wants to get us roku for Christmaas so says we wont need one with that another gadget tnat has a remote and plugs in woe is me lol  they will set it up though and there is talk that we move our living room tv into the craft room and retire that old big backended one and make room for new which involves me packing up the things on the ent center to move the other bigger tv in as it wont fit on the ent center in  the hole sigh cant complain though we are both having trouble seeing the smaller one anyway as the living room is big and it seems so far away lol  so that is on my list too but not today lol  we have a i think its a 45 maybe 48 inch to use in the living room that the kids gave us but have put off moving the ent center stuff and itself out so  handy needs help with that job so i figured no hurry lol   i will try to pack the stuff on it and find a place to store it around here before they move stuff in here mid of dec lol i think    ok well gotta do something been sitting too long lol  im off for now see ya later     

#1 so glad you popped in.  I had been wondering about you.

Mary Jo tell Lea congrats and to get back here so we dont miss out on photos and stories.  Next time you email her send her a direct link to this thread so if she gets logged on she wont have to hunt for us

This morning I worked  awhile cleaning up limbs and sticks.  Then I searched and tried to find the little gifts I have purchased throughout the year.  

Katy they will love the scarves.  As I am going through things I am finding things to send--some craft stuff, some beanie babies, and a new pack or two of underwear (I didnt get the right ones but never returned them).  The other day the gray and white cat showed up and headed over to meet me at the shed.  When I rattled the food container it ran and met me at the food bowl.  It got close to me but not quite close enough to touch.  Yesterday it fussed at dh to remind him we hadnt put food out yet.  Havent seen it today but food is out there.  No worries here moving tvs around here.  We just have the one old heavy tv.

On 11/26/2017 at 0:00 AM, bgs said:

Krys we had been through a couple of rough upgrades before you joined and those were the ones where it seemed like we lost a lot of people.  That forum software started blocking long time members and even the admins.  Members had to get hold of the admins ( often by emailing another member to contact the admins on their behalf) and work with them and their internet providers to get back on.   Wish you could have seen this place back in the day when so much was going on-----many cals, swaps, long wishlists, many giveaways, and many sharing patterns they had written.  It was the members carrying out all these activities ( not the admins) and the members dont seem to feel like doing much anymore.  Any one of us could lead a cal, do giveaways, or write a pattern and share.  There has been a  software problem with the wishlist section since the last upgrade but if there was interest the member that headed it up could probably figure out a work around.  The event calendar appeared after one of the upgrades and I cant remember that they ever utilized it.  Back in the day when the admins were around many of us often expressed our gratitude and appreciation for all they did.  If I am remembering correctly in the earlier days members even helped with fund raisers to raise money to help offset forum expenses.  The admins used to post about things here and I very much miss that contact with them.  I am not on facebook twitter instagram etc and dont follow blogs.  (I joined Crochetville not those other things so keep me in the loop on Crochetville).  I really am surprised they didnt shut the forum down last May rather than upgrade the software. My sis has been finding some of those painted rocks and we plan on painting some for her to hide.

Howieann glad to hear dh is recovering.

Snowbear and cshort I was just wondering about both of you----glad you checked in.  

Brenda,

As far as I know they (the owners) were having plans to use this site for that Sparkle Studio too. I have no idea if they still have same plans.  You might have a lot of fun painting those rocks:). 

Krys

Good Morning, 

Had a couple of busy days with work and family. I spent last night at my daughter's house because she was suppose to go to work this morning and my son-in-law had an exam to take for a law program he is applying to. My daughter was pushed back so she is on call until 1 pm, I think we are going to do a little shopping if she doesn't get called in. Then I'll be going home to work on a Christmas dress for my granddaughter. 

I hope you all have a super Saturday.

Good Morning.

Got the hair cut this morning and stopped for gas and the grocery store.  The gas should last about a month.  Shows you how much we go out.

I am doing a little cleaning so I can decorate the last room, then go out into the garage and get out my nativity sets.  Once they are up, I am done.

So how is everyone's Saturday going?

Enough lollygagging.  Time to get back to work.  Have a fun day.

Oh the tote is in town and is suppose to be delivered today.

20 hours ago, bgs said:

Then I searched and tried to find the little gifts I have purchased throughout the year.  

I had to laugh when I read this!  I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this!  I'm REALLY good at finding gifts from several years past!!!

Hello  every one. This will be short vas  I am using the tablet so it doesnt feel neglected lol   and I mostly lose my posts on here if I make them long lol

Just saying hi and nice tohre from you all too. Lazy day here.  Handy   has refurbed my plug  ins in the craft room with new and added two surge protectors so to protect the lp top and the little heater and the big halogen light I use at night.  No  

More cords draped from here to there lol  either. Or unconnecting one thing to use something else. So have moved my tablet back to the craft room where I use it most cept lately as the portable dvd player needed its olug. But it is happy again now and gives the laptop some company lol. 

We are having scaloped taters and ham tonight and maybe make som homemade bean and ham soup tomorrow. We had lots of ham left over lol

All for now 

Hey, I need advice. I have a sister that is very picky. She has got appliances, other things for the kitchen. Don't dishtowels,etc. I've crochet her stuff. She don't want no more crochet things. OK what does a person get a picky person. She has clothes. Blankets,etc. Anyone have any ideas. 

3 hours ago, snowbear said:

Hey, I need advice. I have a sister that is very picky. She has got appliances, other things for the kitchen. Don't dishtowels,etc. I've crochet her stuff. She don't want no more crochet things. OK what does a person get a picky person. She has clothes. Blankets,etc. Anyone have any ideas. 

I have or had people that when they hit a certain age say they didnt need or want anything for Christmas.  One was my grandma and the other my elderly neighbor.  We started buying them consumables like coffee, creamer, postage stamps, etc.  The neighbor told dh she didnt need anything and I told dh I knew what to get her.  We wrapped a pack of toilet paper and when dh handed it to her said bet you need this.  It was funny because her dil grabbed it and took it to the bathroom.  They were out and she was going to have to make a special trip to get more.  We buy her suet because she likes to feed the birds and a bag of sugar as she likes to feed hummingbirds.  My family requests wish lists from each other for Christmas and birthdays as we dont spend much and choose to not  waste money purchasing things someone doesnt really want or use. I often put some things like cashews and a couple of candy bars that I like on my list.  I appreciate getting them as I rarely buy them for myself.  One year a sister put together a little basket with some fruit and a couple of brownie mixes and I really appreciated that.  Would she like a bottle of wine or theater gift card?  One year I got my elderly neighbor a gift card to the grocery store which she really appreciated.  Would she enjoy a floral arrangement, poinsettia, Christmas cactus or amaryllis?  Would she like a small garden flag with the thing to hang it on, solar lights or concrete or resin statues  for the yard. I have given a couple of friends specialty dip mixes and special crackers to accompany them.  The Scooby snacks (graham crackers shaped like dog biscuits) were a big hit accompanying the dessert dip mixes.  One of these friends bakes the best biscotti and we enjoy that more than anything she could buy us.  Honestly I have a niece that is now out on her own and she put toilet paper on her list this year.

bgs that's some awesome ideas I would of given as well.

You can always do gift cards to places to eat or to grocery stores.

What about some appliance covers?

If she wears perfume that is always a plus for me. A pair of new slippers and pj's. 

She takes baths or showers. Make her a poof and give body wash. If she snacks do a gift basket with snacks.

Or you could do a movie and make a movie basket with popcorn and drinks and some candy. The list goes on and on.

If she's a bakers get her baking stuff. Or do a personal gift basket with everyday things she uses. We all buy trash bags, storage bags, freezer bags. Dawn for dished. You could then make scrubbies for the dishes.

Does she have any hobbies? Think what she does on a day to day bases. A mug with hot chocolate.

Good luck in what you do.

I have 11 of us with e-mail addresses.

Next week if I collect no more I will send out a mass e-mail to give you all the e-mail addresses.

Archived