Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

17 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

yes !! that works KRYS     i have a carousel compartmented thing i use it has a place for everything lol  what a good idea huh !!   

I do have that carousel too, it is in my basement. I keep screwdrivers & other stuff their. For me that glass jar works little better. It is a lot smaller & easy to move or put away. And it keeps my needles & needle threader from misplacing that. 

Krys

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, USpolishgirl said:

Mary Jo,

Sorry to hear that you lost your hook. I know how frustrating that can be..:(

Here is a picture how I solved that problem! :hook.

All you need; glass jar, piece of felt & hot glue gun (you need to glue that to that jar in the back). Fold that felt couple times (about 4 layers) so will hold the needles.  

That jar is always next to me when I am crocheting. It works very well.

Krys

DSC01339.JPG

I LOVE your idea!  I just had to buy 3 more hooks today--to replace some that my rocker digested!  The bottom of the rocker is enclosed, so it isn't easy to retrieve my hooks!!  One of these days, I can take the bottom off, retrieve my hooks (and needles!), and then I'll never have to buy another hook or needle--EVER AGAIN!!!  Every time I think I have enough replacement-hooks, I lose one I no longer have replacements for!! (ARGH!!!:yell)

Krys I do a better job of keeping up with my hooks since I started using a jar.  I used to be bad about starting a project and leaving the hook in the bag with it and not getting back to it for months even years.  

Mary Jo wish the knee woild just quit hurting.  Hey if you know the hook is in the sofa its not really lost since you know where it is.

Katy I think you could freeze cantelope if you wanted.  Seems like I have seen it in those bags of frozen mixed fruit.  Seems like sprains can take a long time to get better but with your sis being diabetic she should probably have it checked.  I wrote granny annie when you were sick.  I dont think we have heard from her since then.  I wish Lea would come back.  Hope all is well.

Day started out sunny but frigid.  It dropped down in the lower 20's and that north wind just cut to the bone.  It has since clouded over and warmed up a bit but wind still makes it feel very cold.  Went to the dentist this morning for my crown prep.   Dentist said my diagnosis was correct and thanked me for doing half his work as a good portion had broken off.  I broke it eating almonds and he said that is the number 1 thing he is seeing that people are eating when breaking a tooth right now.

Well Brenda at least I know where one needle is. :rofl 

Every once in a while we pull the recliner out and retrieve the hooks and what ever that falls onto the floor.  Once I heard a clunking sound when we move it and here were some hooks stuck in the bottom of the recliner.  Pulled out about 5 or 6 hooks and needles.

Once I saw something that looked like a pipe rack, but it was for hooks.  That was so cool looking.  I have a hook case and a pencil case next to my chair, but see you have to put the hooks in them when you are not using them.  I have a tendency to lay them on the cushion of the other have of the double recliner.  I found the hook under my row counter.  That was the only thing I did not move.

Well have a good night.

10 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Well Brenda at least I know where one needle is. :rofl 

Every once in a while we pull the recliner out and retrieve the hooks and what ever that falls onto the floor.  Once I heard a clunking sound when we move it and here were some hooks stuck in the bottom of the recliner.  Pulled out about 5 or 6 hooks and needles.

Once I saw something that looked like a pipe rack, but it was for hooks.  That was so cool looking.  I have a hook case and a pencil case next to my chair, but see you have to put the hooks in them when you are not using them.  I have a tendency to lay them on the cushion of the other have of the double recliner.  I found the hook under my row counter.  That was the only thing I did not move.

Well have a good night.

That is why you need that jar! LOL.  Try it, you will like it.

Hook cases are good for hooks that you are not using them at that time.

I like your Gonk pumpkin:). She/he is sooo cute!.

Krys

uh oh i eat about a fourth cup of mixed nuts every day a it is a great source of protein and no sugar plus keeps me regular lol  i love the cashews and softer nuts too so im ok for now 

two shirts i ordered after discovering so much doesn't fit me anymore too  big) came today and they fit better but next month i will go down one more size i think lol   i keep my most used tools in their own little pouches in the tool cupboard but i have a small hammer a screwdriver that has both straight and phillips ends and a pliers in my caddy for quick use lol then i keep tapes and a stapler and a hole punch and a spare set of magnifiers there too  i have an empty zipper pouch or two that my blood sugar monitors came in and that contains a set of hooks from g thru j in clover and a k in lighted hooks a pair of small scissors a tape measure and a large eyed yarn needle for sewing in ends and when i travel with crochet i just throw that in my purse or bag with my work and can go from room to room or out the door at will lol  completely portable  i think i might have one more of those cases somewhere if someone wants it but  id have to check though lol  or maybe you have a small pouch that zips just lying around too lol  

in the beginning we didn't know that all monitors do not all take the same test strips sooo we  kept the one we liked best and just have dr prescribe that kind now 

anything almost like an old desk pencil cup you can pretty it up i love the needle keeper on Krys's    my needles though live in mary jos pin cushion and are very happy there lol  i even have quite a few plastic needles that i think came whenever i bought a knifty knitter tool  so have them in  there too bringing their pretty blues and greens more color to the needles lol sometimes i think they must party at night lol  those and the coolored top pins too!!  

im very organized lol most of the time  i make it a rule when i finish a project i clean up all the mess that goes with it yarn scraps and roll up all small remainders if there is any  such of yarns  and put the hooks back in their own little cup in the carousel and so on and so forth  lol and then i can start fresh again lol cant work in a messy environment!!  i can usually find just what i need as my yarn is shelved in color groups too oh the pinks and reds share a shelf but they are separated lol   Most of the colors i have are on the tall bamboo rattan shelves in  like colors of blue greens oranges yellows aquas and some spotty navy and or maroon that i dont use much on the bottom lol    the whites off whites an arans reside in s very large comforter size zip lock for easy access  the variegated are two shelves of the two big shelf units  one for light colors one for darker and the i have two small baskets of both light and dark's in balls i try to use up first  so i have things in order anyway lol for now lol   i wish i could work with things all about me but just have to have it in order my thing i guess i hate clutter lolThen i have one laundry basket right now i call my working yarn and a color of evey color is balled and rolled and put i n there  it is what i work from for smaller projects by my side and handy    

well hope i inspired and not completely alienated you or your  stashes lol  however you can work just work and create right!! my yarn seems happy this way and im happy so its a win win situation right lol  oh and besides i have maxie a yarn kitty lol so the shelves detour him  as well   i have seen him try to drag off a large ball a couple of times  and he has to almost straddle it but he has gotten them as far as the hall lol then i just say maxie! and he will drop and run and go tell dad about it all lol   get a few treats im sure for his efforts anyway lol   

Thank you Mary Jo for the card and squares! I'll post a pic soon! Today is my birthday and I got them yesterday!! Thank you they are so pretty! Hubby is making me a birthday dinner and he got everything FLOWERS!! He doesn't get me flowers very often anymore cause I'm always the one who goes to grocery store.

So glad you got them and Happy Birthday to you. 

Ok Gonk Pumpkin Patch is done and posted.  I have posted pictures of him and I even posted one of him with my hook.

Quite chilly here this morning.  Getting ready to get up and make some coffee.

Have a fun day.

morning all  a dreary grey damp chilly day on tap for us today  might i just say thank you to all tthe past and present service members that keep us safe on this day and all days happy veterans day to all     

so what are you all doing today? i have a few things on my list today like go through some of ny cds of pics and things i took off my computer two computers ago lol  i will post some cool pics if i ever get that done as i have i think everything i ever made on those old cds lol crochet wise anyway lol  some i wonder how i did them lol  i used to be much  more creative apparently lol  lol  i remember making three hello kitty hat and scarf sets for daughter and friends but didn't use any pattern just winged it and i will try to get those off and show you all and i remember my my  first and amigurumi  it is a fox lol  daughter still has it but the lion and turtle are long gone well i might wait till my dvd thing on the lap top is in Monday as the part is in to do that as it is much more comfortable in the craft chair( overstuffed and so comfy ) and not that  hard upright ridged desk chair lol  i dont know its just hard on my back need a new one for sure   maybe for Christmas huh lol and i want another dvd player for Christmas for the bedroom tv so i dont have to play them off the computer too lol short list Sana right!!  

i found a bunch of cds my daughter copied for me of movies too and we have only ever watched like ?out of 6 of them sooo movie time this afternoon lol 

we were reminiscing about our childhood days earlier and we both roller skating the basement and garages and driveways my lil sis and I   lol the old school way remember skate keys lol  i always asked for shoe skates with pom poms on them but never did get them lol     i but fun we had in the big basement and tthree connected big garages anyway  i bet somewhere in that yard there must  be a hundred lost skate keys before we thought to put them on shoestring  and wear them  around our necks    lol  

so guess ill go and get busy so i dont have to feel guilty about not getting stuff done when i watch a movie lol  later all enjoy your day and hope your bday charis ws a good one   mj i didn't know what a gonk was or  is but that is still a cute little creation lol           

good afternoon,its down right chilly here,barely 40,and by the end of the week it will be 70 again.

so still doing more than one season in the ironing dept.

was trying to make a thumb print turkey on a rock,the more I did the worse it looked,turned it upside down and seen an angel,so with some color changes,it became an angel,my artistic ability is practically nill,but I keep trying

gotta love spellcheck    lol  here is the light and lofty scarf i finished its so cuddly and warm  still have two balls let to use lolit wouldnt fit on my table all the way lol  

oops still on cam sorry gotta go so ill do that later ok  

On 11/10/2017 at 2:25 PM, Avon Lady said:

I LOVE your idea!  I just had to buy 3 more hooks today--to replace some that my rocker digested!  The bottom of the rocker is enclosed, so it isn't easy to retrieve my hooks!!  One of these days, I can take the bottom off, retrieve my hooks (and needles!), and then I'll never have to buy another hook or needle--EVER AGAIN!!!  Every time I think I have enough replacement-hooks, I lose one I no longer have replacements for!! (ARGH!!!:yell)

You just made me laugh about all those "lost" hooks in your rocker. Who knows...?, you might  find out that you got enough hooks to start a business on E-Bay! LOL. 

I am glad that you like my idea. I like that because it is very compact and everything I need to just pick up with one hand and take that outside on my patio in summer time or any other place in my house..  And I put that away to the cabinet behind a door  when I am not crocheting. I know that dos not look nice or "fancy" but I do not care about that.  That is not a part  of my home decor, it never meant to be LOL.  What I care it is about the item I work on, that must look good-nice!:). Yes a course IF someone want to make that little "crochet caddy" looking nice their are endless possibilities...different container, decorating.....Even a tall coffee mug would be a big improvement! LOL. As for me I am just fine with that jelly jar. I just need to  drop in that jar few glass marbles in to that so my hooks will go up a little for easier "retrieval":).

Happy crocheting:)

Krys

PS: there is more than enough space in that felt to store some pins too:).

Been in the 20s here the last couple of days. I HATE cold weather... If I didn't have to leave the house, it would be perfectly fine. But  I do so I want it at least warm enough that I don't have to wear shoes or a coat. Bah.

Going to work more on my ugly blanket soon. I came across some more yarn I have that won't be used. Other than that, crocheted a couple of eyeball bookmarks, eyeball bracelet and zombie fingers for Halloween. All from scrap yarn.

We have a Kmart about 20 min from us that is going out of business. Went and got a few things. Some egg and bacon pj pants, and two pairs of work pants. Been putting off buying work pants but since the were 25% off I decided to get a couple. Little Tribble got a pair of Snowman socks and a remote control police truck. Mr Tribble got pj pants and a wooden cane he's been wanting. He's still using one for steadiness since the knee replacement on Oct 9th. His therapy is going good. only has 20 degrees more to go before he will be able to bend it to where they want it. He's can bend it further now than before he had the replacement.

Have a good night all, Im going to be awake all night at work! LOL... Bad when Im ready for a nap already.

I am currently working on some graphghans for the babies. one is a teddy bear and the other will be a baby lamb. 

My neighbor has cats outside and the guy acrossed the street has a few also. I have lived here since Feb and there has been at least 2 or 3 litters born. most recent was a few weeks ago. They have a cat box on the porch but mama wont leave them there. Last time she moved them the neighbor couldnt find where she put them. Last night i was out on my front porch and heard baby meows. There they were. she moved them underneath the water hose case. They seem to be doing well. I took an old fuzzy blanket out for her and the babies to lay on. She seemed to like it. immediately started kneading it and making it comfy for the babies. 

So not ready for Christmas this year. Having to start over and i think this will be the first year that I can remember that there wont be a tree or decorations.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday

Kristy

Hi all :hug miss Jade is now 21 months old 

I'm off work for 2 weeks with a pinched nerve but I'm doing ok. Dr said it's not too horrible but it would have been had I not gone to see him and kept working the way I have been. Dr also told me I have fibromyalgia. But always assumed I had, since it runs rampant in my family and I've always had the symptoms. 

IMG_2220.JPG

IMG_2221.JPG

IMG_2230.JPG

Well Katy you keep stimulating my brain by changing out your avatar photo as I have to learn to associate the new picture with you.  Would this be Max?

We had our annual fund raiser auction for bonsai yesterday and then a group of us went to lunch.  Dh doesnt usually make it out to take advantage of the Veterans Day freebies but since we were already out he did get his free coffee and doughnut at Krispy Kreme and a free meal at Perkins.  

Yesterday started out cold but even though the temps went up it still felt cold as there was no sunshine and it drizzled all afternoon and evening.  No sun again today either. 

Krys this is my jar for hooks and pill bottle for needles. 20171112_012216.thumb.jpg.3f2e6efcae802724b3ad8000fb69a5f6.jpg

Mailed these 53 squares off this week to the lady that puts together afghans for PRR.  I get really spoiled making squares for her since she wants us to NOT work in the ends.  I had most of them made before we lost TC and just hadnt gotten them packaged and to the PO.20171108_103525.thumb.jpg.518b35f0f3744b7c36d7b1284a8bed6b.jpg

Cute pics of Jade.  Cant believe she is nearly two.  Lacy glad you went to the dr before the pinched nerve got horrible.  

Kristy glad to see you made it back to us.  We always miss and worry a bit over those that go missing on us.

Linda I just came across some really cute painted rocks on Pinterest and they didnt look like they would be hard to do.  

oh   jade is such a cutie and she is always smiling!!  glad you saw a doc pinched nerves can be so painful  

yep thanks kristy for looking after the baby kitties  i would have had them all in the house mama and all hunkered down in   my craft room lololol    oh glad to see bgs has a jar too lol what is in the prescript bottle my guess is needles??my empty jars' candle jars hold my colored pencils and markers too i like to keep them out where i can get to them should the urge to color strikes me unexpectedly lol   in fact i just received my order yesterday of 32 colored sharpies with gold and silver metallic so might get out a couple books lol  

today has been a slow day boy nothing on the tube thinking about putting in another movie in a bit lol last night we tried to watch one and it kept skipping so we put it in another device still skipped so didn't get to see it but then discovered totally by chance the same movie we wanted to watch was playing on history channel Fury so we got to see it anyway!! Once in a million shot huh lol if you watch it its very violent which is not my thing so i just would not watch much of that when it came on  and im not really much of a Brad Pitt fan either lol 

next one i wanna watch is Gone Girl might have seen it dont remember lol but will find out  jennifer annistan and Ben Aflack so might be good Daughter usually hooks us up with pretty good ones  watched Nicholas Cage in Rage that one was full of violence too 

well lets see what else i think DD  is coming to replace mu dvd drive tomorrow but dont know when exactly lol  cant wait as i have i would say 25 cds to bring up of pics to see what is on them lol  i did a few from the desk top puter but that chair hurts my back for more than an hour or so  So i will wait till she installs the new drive and bring them in here to sort through   I know there is a lot of duplicates so will weed out some of them  and some i have at one time or another gotten them printed out at the Walgreens so those probably can go?? I dunno ill ask the kid  lol

well all for now ill see you in the am ok have a nice evening all             

Sorry Katy, but Gone Girl I found anyway, to be a really waste of time.  I don't think Afleck can act anyway.

You have been busy Brenda.  I am working my way back, but not getting much done. 

Love the pictures of Jade, she can always put a smile on my face.

Kristy I do hope you feel better soon.

Well, back to my corner.  This shot worked for maybe 1 or 2 days.  Guess I will be going back for another.

Have a great night, see you all in the morning.

Archived