Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Well Mary Jo and Carol it is a nice 54° here.  Had to change back from velour to light weight pants today.  Need a light weight jacket if outside much but its too hot wearing it in the car.

Mary Jo thank you for getting the ville fixed before I got up this morning let alone try to get on. I saw a clip or two of the Buffalo game and the visability was bad.  The refs are going to have to work making calls on that one.  Doesnt look like replays will be clear enough to help them out.  All week they have been referring to todays game at Arrowhead as the game on the road to redemption.  Hope that its true.  I used to like playing in the snow but never driving in it.  Trouble is anymore I am too tired after shoveling it.  Then my knee and back are telling me I have used up all my you are not going to get hurt passes on slips trips and falls.  Needless to say I am thankful its not snowing here.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys. my comp died. But again I am back. 

Katy I got your squares and they are lovely. Thank you So much.

Was skimming thru and say Tampa has done her LAST bag. I am heart broken but I am very thankful to have been a recipient on one of them. 

This is what I have been working on past few days. Posted them on facebook and now i am making more in exchange of banana bread, fudge, and cookies lol

24991121_10154993250271406_630894504119702679_n.jpg

13 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

That is so cool about the rock. 

Got a scare this morning and some of you got an e-mail from me.  I went to go on the Ville and got Community not found, contact owner of community.  So I sent out some e-mails, went to Ravelry and started a thread and finally went to FB and messaged Donna and Amy. I got a message back that the problem was fixed.  They did not know there was a problem.

So we are back up and except for the cold (for us anyway) all is right again in the world.

Going back to working on the afghan for the American Legion.  Then I will be working on some dolls.

How is your day going?

I do not think there was any problem.  For about a week or maybe little longer I get VERY often  the same "message" that is "Community not found..." when I try to get to Crochetville. But couple/few minutes later it work fine LOL.

Krys

Wow love the hats and I love the exchange for them.  That is so cool.

After watching the Buffalo football game yesterday, they would come in great during snow.  You will be able to find them.

We got down to 33 last night, so no ice on the strawberries.  42 this morning when I got up, going up to 56 by noon and 64 by 4 pm.  Going down to 43 again tonight. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr for us as anything under 70 is cold. :rofl

Getting my Cards ready to go out tomorrow.  Doing the wash and finally working on some panels for an afghan.

Have a fun day everyone and stay warm.

High in the low 50s here today.  The sun has disappeared and the wind has picked up.  

Gosh Mary Jo same here---laundry and cards.  

Hmm dh has been trying to clean up a shelf in the office and I just now see he up to his usual---- move it out of his way into mine. 

Hello.

Kristy, the hats are adorable.

I think we made it in to the high 60s today and we're suppose to be mid 40s tonight. 

I had a pretty good day at work, stopped at the grocery on the way home. I put on a pot of chili and some cornbread in the oven for dinner, it should be ready soon. I'm going to finish the handwork on the little Christmas dress tonight, I hope.

Not much else going on here. Dinner is ready. Have a great evening.

Carol I have been wanting chili since before Thanksgiving but still havent made any.

I was having a hard time so went out to work up tree limbs.  The wind picked up and it was cold enough I needed to cover my ears. Cat showed up wanting fed and after eating stayed around and watched me work.  It was sort of comforting to have it staying close.  I did get my wash done and will work on cards tonight.

Hi everyone.:)  Our snow melted a lot today and is now black ice since it is night time.

Thanks so much for thinking of me, Brenda.  I received the adorable card and beautiful ornmament in my mail today.:)  You are so thoughtful.:)

IMG_2460.jpg

oh kristy those are so darn cute good trade i mean fudge alone would be great  if i coud l eat it lol  

and Brenda I  got a card too wihs weet angel and star thank you so much you are good to us all i have the angel in my craft room and the star hanging from the window  lovely!!l

well we had our Christmas pizza party and the kids got us all fixed up with roku and netflex now if only we knew better how we use it lol they explained it all but Four remotes now sheesh  one for cable, one for roku one for the dvd, and one more for the tv sheesh,lol lol with time we will become pros at it im sure, lol   

and today i unpacked and put up the things i wanted on the ent center, and that looks more like it, lol  I did onebox yesterday before the kids came with pizza, and salads md bread sticks  and finished it up this am,  I only have one small box of  miniatures, that i am not putting out yet, as the shelves  look good the way it is, and  i like it more sparse,lolo less to dust but had to unwrap it all and rewrap it, cause i had to see what it was first, lol but that is done,  it felt like we were moving or something, and max was not a happy kitty lol  he hid till we got done, then had to check it out..oh, and my big screen tv is working good, and is at home in it's corner, and we can see it so much better, the smaller one that was out there, is now in the craft room and the bibig backended tv  is wrapped out in the shed, till we figure out whom to donate it too, lol   so they worked hard and we worked hard and we all ate too much lol  was nice and now we have roku and netflex on all three tvs so we can both watch something different too, if we want to, lol once we practice on how to do it, lol  was so windy here today, sheesh, bout blew us away i think, at the grocery store we frequent, it is on a high hill and almost blows you away coming out or going in, lol  thanks mary jo for getting the ville back, that would and was probably scary  uspolishgirl, after all this talk we have been having, lol about email addys and such huh, so thanks to all that got that taken care of.. 

all for now group, so i will see you tomorrow, i have nothing planned, lol see y ou soon.. 

3 hours ago, bgs said:

Carol I have been wanting chili since before Thanksgiving but still havent made any.

I was having a hard time so went out to work up tree limbs.  The wind picked up and it was cold enough I needed to cover my ears. Cat showed up wanting fed and after eating stayed around and watched me work.  It was sort of comforting to have it staying close.  I did get my wash done and will work on cards tonight.

Brenda that is a very cute angel you made.  Is that pattern available?.

I usually do not crochet with thread. But I do like that angel:)

Krys 

Good Morning,

Seems like Brenda was busy this week.  I also received my card.  I will be posting some pictures on the Thank you list.

Waiting for the trash men today to give them their yearly bonus.  They do not mind doing a little extra if you need it, like carry a heavy box down that I could not lift for trash and such.  Their truck use to have a sign on it that said Free Snow Removal.  Use to crack me up when I saw it.  We also had a driver who use to dress up like Santa.

Working on a princess blanket for the girls for the American Legion auction, I need Tampa Guy to make some graphs larger for the afghan.  Then I hope to make a dragon for the boys basket.  I still have to figure out what to make for the kitchen one.  Oh well, I have till August.

Brenda, did you see the Buffalo Game?  That was so much fun to watch.  We got to watch most of that instead of Dallas.  Congrats to KC they looked like they did in the beginning of the season.  Go Eagles, they won the division and hope we can keep it out with out second QB.

Sorry girls, most of you probable do not like football.  I like that and hockey.

Well now that I have driven you all crazy, off to see what the world has to offer.

No Mary Jo I dont get to watch much football.  I used to watch it more.  dh really only likes baseball.  We are always out and about Sun afternoons so I sneak a peek of KC before we leave.  Thats where I saw the clip from Buffalo.  Every Sun and Sat night all year one of the stations rehash KC's games over and over and over so I catch a lot of stuff there.  Dh says I would like hockey and talks about going to watch KC's Mavericks. I went through a phase when I used to watch wrestling (WWE) when it was on broadcast tv. The first time I found it channel surfing I just died laughing as I thought it was the funniest thing I had ever seen. 

Its really cold out this morning --windchill 15°. Need to get back on track and get the next batch of cards done.

11 hours ago, bgs said:

I do think Angels should be white. Yours looks a lot better than the one in that pattern. Beige is definitely not a good color. Light blue, pink, silver, gold would be nice too.

What is that "hanger-loop" that Angel is hang on?. That looks good, it is almost "invisible" like a "fishing line"- clear. A piece of white thread-loop would not look as good. That way only that Angel is showing. I think that is the way it should be.

Krys

well nothing pressing today really  i located the latest john grisham on amazon so ordered it for handy its an audio so he will like that too then we can both listen to it at the same time lol 

and i checked my bank statement and it is ok so all is well lol  i also want to clean out and rearrange the clock  cabinet  its so full and now  that i have a couple extra boxes i may start that today lol  just for a new look there lol 

kids will be in  Arizona for a week over Christmas so wont be doing a tree or anything just for us  so that frees up some time to get done what i really want to do lol  my baby ghans were delivered to project Linus too  last week so i am whittling down my finished projects and getting to a few more unfinished lol all for now     enjoy your day   

12 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

I do think Angels should be white. Yours looks a lot better than the one in that pattern. Beige is definitely not a good color. Light blue, pink, silver, gold would be nice too.

What is that "hanger-loop" that Angel is hang on?. That looks good, it is almost "invisible" like a "fishing line"- clear. A piece of white thread-loop would not look as good. That way only that Angel is showing. I think that is the way it should be.

Krys

Yep its fishing line----very economical and easier to work through my stiffened ornaments.  I put a dot of superglue on the knot so it doesnt come undone.  I use Elmers white glue or watered down Tacky glue to stiffen them.  I toyed with the idea of giving them or at least the wings a coat of glitter glue like I do snowflakes to make them iridescent but didnt get around to see what it looked like.

hello  sunny and oh so bright here today but the wind is blowing up a lot   

i hear it rounding the northwest corner of the house nd it sounds fierce!! 

will put a pic or two up today its still on the camera lol 

i think that is great kristy more hat orders and another wonderful trade for them lol  since the kids aren'

coming for Christmas we are having a ham this year  we seldom get a ham as daughter doesn't like it but then now she eats almost strictly veggies and fruits so its hard to come up with meals On  pizza day she got pasta bowl and a salad  i never thought i would see the day she turned down pizza  lol

i think however she needs more protein than the food she does eat has in it and might suffer serious damage if she doesn't increase her protein levels  i dunno i told her that but didn't land too well lol her hubby thinks the same and she didn't want to talk about it anymore  so square one here again   

back is a bit sore probably from all that bending and packing and un- packing the last few days so i am putting off the clock  cabinet for a couple days at least i really would like to get that done though lol so we will see  well off to work some back later   ttfn      

I had to laugh at the vegetarian Daughter.  I have a niece who  is one.  Tampa Guys sent her a picture of a t-shirt that say something about plants being alive also and can't you hear them screaming?  I worked with a girl who was a vegan.  She use to bug me about the hamburgers and such that we were eating.  I told her to keep eating her grass, cause when the cows are gone, vegan's are next.  Never bother me again.:rofl

Well went for TG's 3 month check-up at the Dr. all was well.  Tomorrow morning I go for my second shot.  If this does not work, I well be getting an MRI done.

Fun times in Florida.

Thank you Ladies for the good ideas. Well I found out what she needed. My other sister. Said she needed dress shirts. So, I got one of those. I do some of the stuff on your idea list and give it away for Christmas. Like the  Bath beads, shower stuff,  etc.  Thanks again. Merry Christmas                          Arlene

5 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

here are some 8 inch holiday swuares  found please if anuone needs or wants these speak up ok or i will either put them up free here on the destadh thread or send them to prr next year ok thanks  

000_0337.JPG

They r so lovely. if no one eles has spoken up I would use them

On 12/12/2017 at 9:52 AM, USpolishgirl said:

Krys

Krys on R 1 I did 18 treble crochets rather than the 12 double crochets as I thought the head wasnt looking quite right on mine.

Archived