Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Lovin2Crochet thank you for asking. Life has definitely got in the way of this project. I am still in the process of making this afghan and sadly to say . I have no excuse and hold of already had it done. But with so much going on including my health I never got to finish it. It is on my list of things to complete. 

I need all colors still I will count and get back to you. 

I have been having problems getting logged in. Tonight not a problem. So not sure.

Merry Christmas to all! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Dec birthday girls I spent Christmas eve making your squares.  Now to get those ends worked in ( got some done tonight) and then packaged to mail.  I have gotten so spoiled making squares to mail to the lady that assembles squares into afghans for PRR.  She wants us to not work in the ends so she can do it herself.

I think our Christmas gathering at my sister's house went pretty well.  All the nieces and nephews made it this year.  There are no more little ones---- my great nephew is in middle school.  Food was good and as usual I ate too much.  My bil smoked brisket.  

We might get another little snow along towards morning.  I saw a MINUS 5 degrees actual temp in the forecast around New Years.  I hope they are wrong.

Good Morning,

I wish my bladder would learn that no work means I can sleep in, I was awake at my usual 4:30 and had to get out of bed to use the bathroom. I went back to bed but couldn't fall asleep again. So here I am with my coffee and laptop. My oldest grandkids will be back later today to spend the rest of the week with me until then I think I might do some sewing.

Yesterday was lots of fun with everyone here. I won't need to cook for a couple of days either because I have lots of leftovers and I made split pea soup with the ham bone. 

I need to take a look at our birthday list so I can get myself back in gear in 2018 and make birthday squares, I was really slacking in 2017.

Guess thats about it for me. Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning,

Very cool here and the sun is now under the clouds. 

Sounds like everyone had a very busy Christmas and it sounds like you had some fun with all the family around.  We heard from the kids and it was a very quite day.

Hey Brenda got two good gifts on Sat and Sun.  KC won, Dallas lost and is OUT.  Last night the Eagles just won, so we have home field.  Next week is the Cowboys for the last game of the regular season. Congrats on KC entering the playoffs.  I just hope the QB for the Eagles plays better from now on.

So I am hoping to start on an afghan for my neighbor who checked on us and worried during the hurricane week.  He is always coming over with stuff he has smoked or made in the crock-pot.  He is a big baseball fan, and especially about the Rays, so I am going to make a graph ghan that is the Tampa Bay Rays Logo.

Well off to see what trouble I can get into.

Have a fun day.

Here is the last doll I made Belle the Ballerina.

happy birthday too to katybug i did not see her the first time through the list so I  do  have some squares for you too katybug glad someone let us know  so sorry will make you some pronto!!!  

well it is or was last night 4 degrees out and today up tp about 8 i think  the old man winter is at full force  but father sun is not giving up yet he is determined to shine bright in the olds mans face today so old man winter will need some shades out there today lol daughter said it was tshirt weather in ariz upwards of 70 degrees but she missed the snow lol  wasn't Christmas without snow and cold lol 

i can do without the cold but the snow was ok as we haven't had a white one for a long time 

watched a show the other night on netflix called worm wood  it was ok my next to watch is kidnap with haley barry so we'll see   oh am in the middle of zoo too second season didnt know it was on reg tv when it was i tell ya i dont watch much  network tv lol 

hope all are recouping from all holidays chores and gatherings lol  im sort of glad its a normal day today and the stores are going to be a mess im betting lol but its done for this time around and getting back to normal feels good lol  have a great day and ill see you later    :manyheart   

Mary Jo I actually got to watch the game Sun.  We are usually out running around.   It brought back memories of the Christmas game between the Chiefs and Dolphins  in 1971. I dont really remember games ( shoot I cant remember what I had for breakfast) but I remember that game.  We were at my grandma's house in southern MO for Christmas so we got to watch it on tv.  It was blacked out back in KC.  My 14 year old sis loved Len Dawson and watching the Chiefs.  I think I actually have a photo of my favorite uncle watching the game with us. It was the  last game at old stadium (before Arrowhead).  It was warm and field was muddy.  Shocking missed field goals by Ian Stenerud,  game went into double overtime, Dolphin winning field goal by Garo Yepremium.  Glad KC won but Miami had a lot of penalties that helped them out a lot. The Tampa Ray afghan for your neighbor sounds like a great idea.  Dh and I were both hoping there was someone checking on you during the hurricane week.  Belle is really cute.  Well out of habit have you found yourself thinking I need to start a tote and then heave a sigh of relief remembering you retired.

I wandered out to see if the mail had come yet, sweep the snow off the porch, top.off the bird feeder, put out a new block of suet and check to see if Cleo was around.  Its another cloudy day and miserably cold out.  I will check for Cleo a little later.  If she is there she will get a can of wet food if not I will leave dry.  Working on laundry and putting away Christmas presents.  Sort of waiting to see if a friend calls or not.  She doesnt keep in touch anymore except for sometimes calling when they get in this area.

Katy I watched season 1 and 2 of Zoo on network tv.  By season 3 I didnt want to continue watching it. 

Hi to all!  This is the first chance I've had to get on here!  Busy, busy, busy!!

We had a really good Christmas!  DH's family decided to exchange names this year, so it wasn't quite so chaotic this year!  The only little children are a 8 yr. old and a 4 month old, and they got most of the gifts!  (As it should be, anyway!)  Dave and I got gift cards and clothing (shirts), so we are very satisfied!  We had an excellent dinner: ham (delicious and tender!), several vegetable casserole-type dishes, a couple of veggie salads, and plenty of desserts!  We were all stuffed by the time we left!  It was getting dark (around 6:00) , so we just came on home.  DH's eyes (and mine!) aren't quite as good as they used to be (Well, we ARE in our 70's--OUCH!  That hurts to see it in print!!), and we were 20 minutes from town, so we decided to play it safe--since we'd gotten a good dusting of snow, and the highway can get slick! 

Our temps plunged to the low teens today, and are supposed to get around 0 tonight!  Br-r-r-r!!!:wbrr

Hope everyone's recovered from the overeating of the Christmas dinner!

Take care!  Talk to you all later!

:mail I got 4 Christmas cards today.  Thank you Carole and Linda.  I really appreciate them.  Also I got one from grannyannie.  She says to tell you all hi and she hopes to be here more in the coming year.  I also got cards from pat54, segi1974, sopo, TurtleLvr, and Lea ( minwifeof4 boys).

Happy Birthday everybody that had one in Dec.  Update on my Mother. She is slowly up walking with a walker. They just started it today. She is excited. I am proud of my Mother. She is trying very hard to walk and get better. Her birthday is Jan. 4.  She will be 87. Mother hopes to be home before then. I am not sure. But she is doing good. Thanks for all the prayers.  And she says, Thank you. We had a wonderful Christmas.  Got some pretty skeins of yarn for Christmas. My sister got me 3 of the prettiest colorful yarn you ever seen.   Thanks everyone. You all are a blessing.

34 minutes ago, pineknott said:

good morning

its mild out right now,but we will plundge into the deep freeze Thursday thru Sunday, hope things settle down in the new year may I suggest,starting a 2018 thread for the granny squares

Its warmed up to 0° so far but at least the sun is out.  Good suggestion on a new thread.

hummm a reunion thread for past and present members     ill  have my thinking cap on now lol  :clap

hi all wow i got the nicest piture card from lea and hubby such a darling couple i can just tell you were made for each other thank you Lea   and for ms crochet fan got two done for you will try to do a few more but most or all of my prettiest  yarns for Christmas are packed up so i think you said white red

green and gold and silver is that right??  I have those colors at hand here lol  i will update your colors today perhaps lol   and ms katie bug got a couple done for you as well lol  will try for a couple more before i mail out ladies 

i will also change the heading to read 2018 on the thread too thanks brennda lol she  is right lol       

thanks for the update sandra ill see if i can help too 

collette sounds like you well all of us had a good holiday!! 

glad mom is doing better arlene and mil too lynda!! and how is sil doing too?? 

tis the season but honestly -8 this am with a -25 windchill is a bit much but the east coast is getting hit worse!! poor Erie and Buffalo huh!! they measure their snow fall in feet not inches!! yikes!!  feels like we are in the artic for sure though but we will have hot bean and ham soup tonight~~ 

nothing like a hearty soup on these kinds of days to warm ones insides huh    max has been under his blankee all morning yes i said under lol he scuffs to get in and covers himself up lol just like a little human lol  

i spent a few minutes watching animal cuteness on laptop lol had to smile lol such funny animals  

yeah brenda i got through zoo the first season and second am still in the middle of season three not sure if i will watch all dont know depends on how bored i get lol 

i watched Bright last night will will smith  weird movie i tell ya lots of violence and action and bad language and the story at least to me was not believable or very understandably  clear i guess  lol

handy had fallen asleep so he wasn't able to clarify it for me lol  i would give it about a 5 out of 10 is all    fires and gun fights and car chases and worse was not really my cup of tea i guess  lol  i will watch kidnap  today or

tonight sis says that is  a good one  they went and saw it at the movies a while back  i dont have to even go out lol lovin this netflix i also get hulu and some other movie channel but have only watched so far netflix and have even streamed it on the lap top lol teckie  me huh  well getting better maybe hehehe      so all in all i think we all enjoyed the holiday and are still recouping huh we dont do anything for new years cept a good dinner we dont drink so whats the point lol amature night on the roads dont want any part of that ok   we have been known to toast our sodas though lol  all for now  but seldom make it till midnight most times lol  back soon have a grand day   :flake:flake:flake    

Katy

I'm sorry you misunderstood me,not just change the heading,but when it comes closer to 2018,see I mean if you look at the starting post for this thread,it dates 2016

similiar to the threads for the books,charity items by babypoohsmom,start fresh,it takes longer to load for some people,just a thought

Hi! all and Happy Holidays some more ~ :)

Can I make a request?  How about showing everyone's birthday in parenthesis next to their name?  Example:   Lovin2crochet (25th)

I'm such a procrastinator or always draggin' my feet  :reyes, maybe it will keep me on track if I have a "deadline" to shoot for, so to speak ~ ;)  (ain't nothing like gettin' a present and a birthday card just before or on your birthday, right?)

Looks like it's "back to work" now for the rest of the week ~ getting laundry done up now.  Yesterday I got in another baking mood again, so made up a batch of butter crescent rolls to go with our pot of stew.  It's cold outside and a good day for soups or stew, as some others have said ~ :)  Not sure what to fix for today, tho . . . the rolls got finished off by the mister, tho, along with the left-over stew for his lunch.  Maybe I can get him to fix us some biscuits and gravy, and I'll fry up some potatoes . . . nice 'n' simple.

Think I'll get to working on the December squares, too . . . the month is gonna be out before I know it!

It is REALLY cold here, hanging in the 20's now.  We usually get ice on New Year's, so as usual, it's safer staying home.  We usually take communion together, then pray thru the New Year ~ thanking God for His blessings and mercy this past year and thru the coming year.  Then we "toast" to the New Year with our sparkling grape drink ~ :)

Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful blessed New Year ~  :ghug

On 12/25/2017 at 10:15 PM, owlvamp said:

Update on squares I need.

Here is the numbers:

44amethyst -- 0

46 pink-- Pretty-in-Pink -- need 15 -5 = 10

44 orange-- Pumpkin -- need 25

41 yellow -- Bright yellow -- need 20-5= 15

44 green-- Paddy green -- need 11

40 blue -- need 40 - 25=15

Thanks, Sandra ~ :)  I'll add your squares to the list then.  I'm thinking I have some bright yellow and paddy green, and maybe some blue.

On 12/25/2017 at 11:15 PM, owlvamp said:

Update on squares I need.

Here is the numbers:

44amethyst -- 0

46 pink-- Pretty-in-Pink -- need 15 -5 = 10

44 orange-- Pumpkin -- need 25

41 yellow -- Bright yellow -- need 20-5= 15

44 green-- Paddy green -- need 11

40 blue -- need 40 - 25=15

I have some paddy green and pretty in pink. I will promise 3 of each and see where we go from there. I am quitting smoking. So i need things to do that arent done whenever i want. lol dead lines so i have to crochet

22 hours ago, Lovin2Crochet said:

Kristy ~ I love those adorable grands-blankets . . . so cute!  I'm sure they love the cuddles outa them, too!  :manyheart

And . . . :bday  :cake 

Thanks

Well nice idea but I need an admin to close this thread and atchive it  and id start a new one but really i nthink ill wat till they tell me to do that like they did last time and I i would not get hold of any one  any  time soon. But thanks ill put that on my list anyway ,,

About the b day vwe would all have to change our names woulnt we  like  to katyallen8090327 too confus   and all of us would have tdo that and I dont want to get locked out again anyway lol but that why we are listed under our birth  months on the very first to p st  right.. so   keep your thinking caps on ladies i love ,i. Input. Lol.. 

O3 

7 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

Well nice idea but I need an admin to close this thread and atchive it  and id start a new one but really i nthink ill wat till they tell me to do that like they did last time and I i would not get hold of any one  any  time soon. But thanks ill put that on my list anyway ,,

About the b day vwe would all have to change our names woulnt we  like  to katyallen8090327 too confus   and all of us would have tdo that and I dont want to get locked out again anyway lol but that why we are listed under our birth  months on the very first to p st  right.. so   keep your thinking caps on ladies i love ,i. Input. Lol.. 

O3 

The admins suggested a long time ago that long running threads should periodically start fresh and the new year is just a good time to do it. Most of the other cals start fresh each year like the stashbusting , boxing day, encouragement for making gifts for next year.  After awhile it causes problems for people trying to open this thread because it has so much to load.  You do not need admin permission to open a new thread. They can lock the old one when they show up.  The worst that will happen is that people may continue posting on the old thread for awhile until its locked but most will see the 2018 and move to that one with no problem.

4 hours ago, Lovin2Crochet said:

Hi! all and Happy Holidays some more ~ :)

Can I make a request?  How about showing everyone's birthday in parenthesis next to their name?  Example:   Lovin2crochet (25th)

I'm such a procrastinator or always draggin' my feet  :reyes, maybe it will keep me on track if I have a "deadline" to shoot for, so to speak ~ ;)  (ain't nothing like gettin' a present and a birthday card just before or on your birthday, right?)

in my signature I put BD then 5/2

5 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

O3 

I like Pineknott's suggestion of adding our birthdate in our signature ~ :)  That's cool!  And easy! ;)

Archived