Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Hello,

I guess I've been busier than I realized. I've been really busy with family events and babysitting but I'm loving it, I'm also very tired from it. Hopefully tomorrow will be a quiet day so I can finish up Christmas sewing. I might try to crochet a little tonight if I can stay awake.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/15/2017 at 1:49 PM, bgs said:

There are different groups you can join.  Crochetville has a group there which basically has no activity.  We mostly just check in there when this place goes down.

https://www.ravelry.com/groups/crochetville

I joined the W4W (Warmth for Warriors) group.  Thats the one I made all the little stockings and some lapghans for.  They also do hats.

https://www.ravelry.com/groups/warmth-for-warriors

I also joined a couple of groups thst send to PRR (Pine Ridge Reservation) in SD.

https://www.ravelry.com/groups/afghan-squares-for-pine-ridge-reservation

https://www.ravelry.com/groups/for-the-children-of-pine-ridge

Krys

hi i guess my post yesterday didn't get posted,. lol  but i am here, and things are ok. hope all is well with all of you too, and is everyone looking forward to Christmas as we only have a few days left.. lol i guess i am as ready as i am going to be, huh, lol

oh mary jo, got your pretty card, and darling angel today, just when i needed something like that too, thank you so much.. tomorrow will get get them together, yours and ibgs and take pics and post ok..thank you both for thinking of me.. i posted i thought yesterday that i was not going to do cards this year as i put off ordering them too long but  forgive me, ill do better next year, lol 

Good Morning,

Lacey thank you for the pictures.  They sure made me laugh and made my day.

Little chilly thing morning only 55, but will get up to 77.

Going to try a new pattern for a doll.  Have a fun day.

good afternoon

well we are still wearing our bubble coat,30's out there,but the walking continues.Tues its supposed to be 65-70

Bill is off from this Monday till the 8th of Jan.yikes,just don't have any umph this year,cards are still waiting to be sent,sigh hope the new year brings some better vibes

Hello everyone,

I woke up at 4:30 am and went back to sleep until 7 then it was up and out for church and a stop at the grocery store. Then I needed to balance the checkbook and pay bills. But now I get to play in my sewing room. My oldest granddaughter asked for a Christmas outfit for her teddy bear so of course I have to make outfits for all 3 grandkids' bears. 5 more days of school and then we're on winter break, it's going to be a long week.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Good Morning.

Slept in till 7:30 this morning.

Suppose to warm up this week, so back to shorts.

I am working on a new doll pattern.  Had it almost done and thought, something is wrong, this thing is enormous:think.  Turns out the pattern is written in UK terms.  So Dummy here was doing a DC when it should of been SC.:bang  Finally looked at the picture and realized what I was doing wrong.  So I frogged it and started over.  Much better.

Well, off to make breakfast.

Well now its down to the last week.  I think I am on schedule.  Packages mailed a couple of weeks ago and cards last week.  Packages for a couple of neighbors are sitting here waiting to be delivered today.  I just have to wrap or bag a few presents for family for Christmas day.  I am waiting on dh to pick the boxes he wants to use this year.   A few years ago we bought varous sized Christmas boxes ( that nest for storage) so all he has to do is tie curling ribbon around them.  That is one instance where I wish I had purchased all of the boxes that nested together from large to small rather than one large, one medium and one small.  I have added a few more boxes that fit inside but the others would have been better.

Mary Jo your package was waiting in the mailbox when I got home Sat night.  Thank you.  Traffic was light for our trip home, probably because everyone was either at or watching the game.  Glad they won. 

Its not bad out 42 now and getting near 60° today.  Supposed to be this way until Fri when the lows drop into the teens and highs in the 30s.

Hey everyone. I need prayers for my 86 yrs old Mother. She fell Friday.  And broke her hip in 2 places. She already went through surgery. She done good.  Now they got to get her up to start walking. It is hard on her. Her bones are soft. She will stay in hospital for a day or two longer. Then be sent to rehab for them to work with her there. Hopefully she will work with them. And they can work with her. Its so hard on her. So [lease say a prayer for her.

oh so sorry arlene that little mom is hurting! i think rehab will help her as i had a friend break her hip and collar bone in a fall and rehab got her back moving around in time  took a bit but got her up and moving again  its work for sure but she was determined so that helped im sure   

oh that is too cute mary jo   lol loved your carol!! 

well brenda you are doing excellent then ahead of the game so far lol  fingers crossed that your efforts prevail throughout lol 

teddy bear outfits for all Carol keep up the good work to clothe those

furry little critters  lol 

got a bit of a sore throat today probably sinus drainage or something as it is not too sore so far just more irritated than actually sore   

nothing else new here i guess same old stuff different day lol  so signing off for now to eat see ya later    

87thArlene sorry about your mom.  I will keep her in my prayers.  

MaryJo I will never be able to hear that song again without subbing in those words.

Well Katy at least for the moment I think I am on schedule.  That doesnt mean that I wont have an oh ____ moment.

Hello,

It was back to work today then a friend a ride home. Then I went to Walmart :no it was a crazy place and I was so tired when I got home. But my day was brightened by a card and beautiful angel from Brenda, thank you so much!

Arlene, I'm sorry to hear about your mom's fall, I will be praying.

Mary Jo, I love the your song.

Dinner was eggs and toast and now I'm having a cup of tea and relaxing on the sofa.

I hope you all have a great night.

Katy the cat's name is Cleo.  The cat greeted dh on the porch at one of the neighbor's houses as he was delivering presents.  The one neighbors had it spayed and I think even declawed and was going to bring it in the house.  Cleo did not like them and moved into the vacant doghouse on the closed in porch at another neighbors house.  They feed it.  I kept thinking it looked way too heavy to be as hungry as it acts but I was afraid it was maybe going to have kittens.

So sorry to hear about your Mom Arlene, lots of prayers coming your way.

Foggy this morning, but going up to 80 today, so we are back into Florida weather.

Going to be working on my doll this morning. 

Have a fun day today and try to take time out to relax.

I got a picture of the card and snowflake I got in the mail yesterday from Teresa aka #1Crochetfan.  I was going to put the snowflake on the main tree, but it is now on the Ami Ville Tree.  It looks perfect there. Thank you so much for thinking of me.

raok 12-18-17.JPG

Yhe snowflake is beautiful o and will be at home on your amiville town tree. 

We used o live outside a small town and every year the t own put up a Christmas tree like most towns I guess. Only diff was they cut out a hole in the cement on the busiest and only intersection in town and stuck the tree there and ran elec to it overhead  ,,  I GUESS THEy WANTED EVERYONE TO BE SURE TO SEE IT LOL. I remember at least three  times someone could not stop on snow or ice and ran right into it lol. They would still put it up though and rhose of us that knew town never ran into it. It was on a pretty icy hill at that lol. Ah good old days lol. Daughter grew up i n that small town and we didnt move till after she had graduated  she knew that town like the back of her hand thanks in part  to her bike lol. 

Oh well not much happening herejust plowing through some yarn bins for fun lol. You all have a wonderful day!

The last few days my mailbox has been full of good cheer.  First there was a card and gnome from Stephanie ( sopo).  I was so happy just to hear from her since she has been mia.  It was like she has esp because I like gnomes, blue is my favorite color and the wishes on the card with the gnome was perfect.

20171218_112219.thumb.jpg.2ab8d25e32f6bc3db8e46e4672ebec3c.jpg

Next a card an angel from Mary Jo.  I love that it is made from granny squares.  Sometimes I think it would be neat to compile a list of what all you can do with granny squares.

20171218_095938.thumb.jpg.d1deef7dc1cc26c6f7c50528776bfd49.jpg

I got a very pretty card from Sandra along with some gift tags to color in--- very clever idea and gift tags are just about right for my attention span.  I have a 2017 calendar that I never colored the picture for each month that I think would be fun to make gift tags from.

20171218_144643.thumb.jpg.c7326cafe4d9d09c17444a0fe291ad20.jpg

And from Teresa (#1Crochetfan) a card and snowgirl.  She says its a prototype.  It has a lot of detail work on it.  

20171218_144420.thumb.jpg.859692773bf7e5c2bccc95a38b57f5e4.jpg

:hug and :ty all.  

i love my snowflake and card thanks Theresa!!!  it is hanging happily in my window!!

it is adorable and thank you for thinking of me!!  

chilly today so  we have a roast in the oven lol warms up the day you know lol  be around later all  just wanted to admire the cute goodies and express my thanks to you all  

Archived