Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good Morning from Chilly Florida.

Been up since 5, can't figure out why.

I am done with all my Christmas stuff, except for getting and making the dinner.

Off for the knee shot this morning.

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its 40 something here,not the biting wind we had yesterday,its heading to 60 and then dropping again,I just keep switching coats

Jimmy's legs gave out in the hospital parking lot yesterday,took a couple burly guys to haul him into the durango

Hi everyone.  I finally got cards out today.  I am getting more and more slack from year to year in getting them out.  I didn't even set up our big tree this year and just put up a tabletop, fiber-optics one.  I'm tired of doing all the work...

We got a little snow and it ended this morning so I just got back from errands and can finally take a short break.  Dd will be home tomorrow from college for a few weeks and getting up to her college, tomorrow  won't be fun what with all the crazy drivers.  The snow is so pretty, though, and at least today, it isn't as brutally cold as yesterday.

Hopefully, I will check in more regularly in the New Year.:)

I hope everyone is doing well and it is sad that Tampadoll won't be making anymore Crochetville bags, but Tampadoll, you are deserving of retiring.  Eleven years is amazing and you have brightened so many people's lives.:)

Anyway, let's hope next year will be a better one and that Crochetville will still be here.:)-haha

41° cloudy and seems like I can  feel dampness in the air.  No wind at the moment or it would feel pretty cold.  Yesterday felt much better with that south breeze and the sunshine.  The cat was waiting on me to go out and feed it yesterday but there is no sign of it yet today.

Mary Jo hope this shot helps for longer than a day.

#1 same here on having a hard time getting cards and most anything done.  I have good intentions but seem to be lacking in motivation and or energy.  Hope your dd makes it home safe.  I dont envy your snow one bit.  Hopefully we will all still be here this time next year and people will have more time to spend here.

Linda I hope Jimmy or no one else was hurt when he fell.  

Sandra thats an admirable goal.  I wish I could easily figure out which half of my stuff to keep.  I have been working on weeding out stuff but its not making much of a dent in it.  Dh wants to move to a senior place and we will have less space.  I have been mentally trying to prepare myself.  He keeps telling me its not going to be as bad as I think.  Uhh I saw the same apartments he did so he is the one not being realistic about how little living space there is going to be.  It also doesnt help when I have things in the bag to go to the thrift store and he digs them back out.  

oh poor jimmy i too hope he didn't get hurt  and kristy  they are yours the squares i mean but i wont be mailing out till NEXT YEAR  LOL  

im  glad you can use them  

hope your shot does better i have heard that sometimes it takes multiple shots to finally do some good so fingers crossed mary jo  

crochetfan, i just am not doing cards so forgive me folks lol  i would but waited too long to order some so it  seems like it isn't happening this time my apologies  our local mail is ridiculously  slow so should have factored that in lol 

i hear that brenda  stuff i wanna give away handy can and does usually decides he could use the cord off this or that wire off that so i now pack stuff for donations in boxes and tape them closed lol  works!! 

Sandra felt like i was  packing when i had to box up stuff on ent centeer  lot of work it is lol  

hi snow bear i thought those were all good ideas too  good to see you posting again 

Tampa won the first post on this new  page who will be the first on the next new page??  usually it stays on this page for a long time so we will have to wait and see  i think pineknott was first on the last new poosting page   lol who will it be lol 

all for now lost my light already so im off   enjoy your evening ok   

Thought I would drop in before I close down for the night.  I can only get 2 shots and I am type 2 diabetic.  In January I am going to get 4 shots of gel in my knee.  He is not going to go with the MRI.  He says I am not a candidate for an operation.  Even if he sent me to a surgeon, they will put me thru 4 to 6 weeks of therapy before they operate.  You know all the things that hurt when you move the leg?

I feel bad complaining when I read what is going on with pineknott.  I do hope the SIL was not hurt bad.

I am going to sit down and watch a hockey game in Ottawa, Canada that will be played OUTSIDE.  That is so cool and with Ottawa being where it is, maybe they will get some snow during the game.  It is Ottawa and Minnesota. 

Well off to watch Football till Hockey starts tonight.

I get a lot done during the games.

Have a great night everyone. 

On 12/12/2017 at 10:24 PM, bgs said:

Yep its fishing line----very economical and easier to work through my stiffened ornaments.  I put a dot of superglue on the knot so it doesnt come undone.  I use Elmers white glue or watered down Tacky glue to stiffen them.  I toyed with the idea of giving them or at least the wings a coat of glitter glue like I do snowflakes to make them iridescent but didnt get around to see what it looked like.

Krys :wreath

On 12/13/2017 at 10:09 AM, katyallen8090 said:

here are some 8 inch holiday swuares  found please if anuone needs or wants these speak up ok or i will either put them up free here on the destadh thread or send them to prr next year ok thanks  

000_0337.JPG

They are nice. Maybe you could make Christmas stockings out of them? For the Army guys:).

Brenda knows how to make stockings using squares:).

On 12/13/2017 at 6:20 PM, bgs said:

Krys on R 1 I did 18 treble crochets rather than the 12 double crochets as I thought the head wasnt looking quite right on mine.

Thank you Brenda:)

Your way came out better right?

15 hours ago, bgs said:

41° cloudy and seems like I can  feel dampness in the air.  No wind at the moment or it would feel pretty cold.  Yesterday felt much better with that south breeze and the sunshine.  The cat was waiting on me to go out and feed it yesterday but there is no sign of it yet today.

Mary Jo hope this shot helps for longer than a day.

#1 same here on having a hard time getting cards and most anything done.  I have good intentions but seem to be lacking in motivation and or energy.  Hope your dd makes it home safe.  I dont envy your snow one bit.  Hopefully we will all still be here this time next year and people will have more time to spend here.

Linda I hope Jimmy or no one else was hurt when he fell.  

Sandra thats an admirable goal.  I wish I could easily figure out which half of my stuff to keep.  I have been working on weeding out stuff but its not making much of a dent in it.  Dh wants to move to a senior place and we will have less space.  I have been mentally trying to prepare myself.  He keeps telling me its not going to be as bad as I think.  Uhh I saw the same apartments he did so he is the one not being realistic about how little living space there is going to be.  It also doesnt help when I have things in the bag to go to the thrift store and he digs them back out.  

I did all my cards before Thanksgiving and sent them out the the next day after Thankgiving. I wanted to take care of that early because I was worry that I might not have time to do that later. I do have a lot of work here. Kids & couple friends are coming here for Holiday's.

Good Morning,

Well, I know old age is catching up.  I got my days mixed up.  My hockey and football is Saturday and today if Friday.

Yeah, well I was told they will put you thru therapy for 4 to 6 weeks.  That is doing everything that makes your knee hurt.  I had the gel before about 13 years ago and they worked great for me, so I will go that route.

So we have warmed up down here and I am back into shorts till tomorrow.  We will get cold again.  Hey, keep your cold weather up there.  The poor strawberry farmers are up all night to watch the temp.  If it gets below 32, they are turning on the sprinklers to cover the plants.  Of course, they say it makes the berry sweeter, so we shall see.

I am off to my corner to get a jump on my afghan.

Have a great day.

On 11/27/2017 at 1:51 PM, bgs said:

Hope everyone survived the holiday weekend.  Today I am in recovery mode and catching up on laundry.  The last several days have been on the warm side for this time of year.  Fri when we were at Crown Center we commented that the outdoor fountains were  on and how jackets were not needed.  

Mary Jo hows that knee?  Are you still going to have to go to the dr? Where did that team go that beat New England their first game of the season?  That sure wasnt them yesterday at Arrowhead.  

Katy since you can upload photos to your project section on Ravelry (for free) and then link them to your posts there I finally made folders in my project section for photos other than projects. I just cant bring myself to pay them that $5 per year especially since I dont do much there.  This past year I have joined a few more Rav groups ---2 groups working to help PRR and W4W.  I guess I am always looking for a replacement for here.  There is another crochet forum out there but so far what I have seen has not motivated me to join.

What is PRR & W4W groups? I did signed up to Raverly. I did not even wrote anything in my profile. I go there to just look at the patterns.

Krys:wreath

6 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

What is PRR & W4W groups? I did signed up to Raverly. I did not even wrote anything in my profile. I go there to just look at the patterns.

Krys:wreath

There are different groups you can join.  Crochetville has a group there which basically has no activity.  We mostly just check in there when this place goes down.

https://www.ravelry.com/groups/crochetville

I joined the W4W (Warmth for Warriors) group.  Thats the one I made all the little stockings and some lapghans for.  They also do hats.

https://www.ravelry.com/groups/warmth-for-warriors

I also joined a couple of groups thst send to PRR (Pine Ridge Reservation) in SD.

https://www.ravelry.com/groups/afghan-squares-for-pine-ridge-reservation

https://www.ravelry.com/groups/for-the-children-of-pine-ridge

thanks for the concern on Jimmy's fall,he wasn't hurt and neither was Rene',after that one time when he almost brought me down with him and wrenched my wrist,I'm sorry but she has to handle it,I did run and get help.for some reason whatever you are trying to do for him,he tries to help but is more of a hinderance and those rubber legs he gets sure isn't helpful

On 12/12/2017 at 11:24 PM, bgs said:

Yep its fishing line----very economical and easier to work through my stiffened ornaments.  I put a dot of superglue on the knot so it doesnt come undone.  I use Elmers white glue or watered down Tacky glue to stiffen them.  I toyed with the idea of giving them or at least the wings a coat of glitter glue like I do snowflakes to make them iridescent but didnt get around to see what it looked like.

I do like you do, Krys--I make a solution of half water/half glue and brush it onto the thread ornaments (angels, balls, snowflakes, etc.), after I pin them to a board (a ceiling tile works very well!).  Then, while it's still wet, I shake a little iridescent, clear glitter on them!  It really looks like snow, that way!

I found a surprise in my mailbox this afternoon----- a puffy from sopo.  She said she had been thinking about me, apologized for not staying in touch---rough year, and she has moved.  She sent me the cutest little gnome with a poem.  

nice and sunny here too and that angel is darling bgs!! 

so sorry about your knee mj hopefully they will figure out what helps soon  

i passed on or iwill pass on next year lol those squares krys so they will have a home that will use them  i too belong to s vouple prr groups and a global exchange for squares although not real active there anymore but an old friend from this thread runs it anyone remember Skoggy?? i make squares and do baby ghans and scarves and hats and other things for them and it gives me something to work for  you know since the bottom of this thread  sort of went  thread bare lol it used to keep me busy crocheting squares but our numbers have so receded here for a while 

i remember going through that long list three or four times before it started to wane i still have my mailing records from then and racked up a lot more postage costs then so that is one reason i mail to the pine-ridge now as the postage is really not that bad at least for now and they are so needy and appreciate everything they get so very much you know  i have looked at some of the pics they have online and it  makes me  sad that they seem to get by with very little my heart goes out to them all   im in the squares group the youth group there is a group for shawls too but i have yet to make a shawl for them ( futures!!)   and the children of pine ridge as well is one of my favs  they have groups for the elders  as well  as for different schools and such as well  it astounds me the things people send them so many useful things it makes me smile to be a small part of something that benefits so many 

well hope you all enjoy this day and sopo wow nice to hear from her i bet!! its been a while  i knew her dad passed away and i think i knew she moved  i wish she would join us again!! i have missed her    

Crochetfan i finally passed on that audio book you sent me when i was recovering lol it went to a good home and will be passed on when she is done as well so it will make the rounds  thank you again that was such a thought- ful thing for you to do 

talked to my little sis yesterday  she is constantly depressed and un-happy  and i dont know but i am sure she really needs  medical and psychiatric guidance she is going downhill i fear     

well all for now i guess hope all is well friends and i will catch you sometime later ok!!

Love the Jade pictures.  Lacey sorry your boss is being difficult.

Katy I remember Skoggy.  I wrote a short note to sopo and told her we would at least like her to stop in and say hi.  I sent cards to some of our other mia's hoping they would check in.  Sorry about your sis.

Archived