Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

2 hours ago, bgs said:

I dont know why people lost interest in the swaps, cals, and wish lists.  I dont know why so many members left.  Any member can start a cal but there have been no new ones started for awhile and when one was no one joined in.  Any member can do a give away.  We had 100 people at one time collecting and sending squares on this thread alone.  You never were required to send squares to receive squares and still arent.  You make and send how many you want to who you want and when you want.  There are just a handful of us still hanging in here.

It seems to me that the sudden loss of interest in Crochetville began when they had to redo everything.  I know I had trouble finding it all again, and still am not really quite sure of what I'm doing here...maybe there are others out there wondering where Crochetville went???

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Avon Lady said:

It seems to me that the sudden loss of interest in Crochetville began when they had to redo everything.  I know I had trouble finding it all again, and still am not really quite sure of what I'm doing here...maybe there are others out there wondering where Crochetville went???

Yes it seemed like we lost people with each "upgrade" and then I often wonder how many people got blocked by the forum software and gave up trying to get hold of the admins to get back on.  

6 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Hi Everyone,

It has been a busy day.  Went to the store, thought I would beat the crowd, to get the last of the stuff needed for Thanksgiving.  Boy was the store crowded.

Thank you all for the compliments on the totes, but I think it is coming at the right time.  I guess I am not feel so bad that this is the last one for maybe a while.  It is not that I am tired, but I could use a break from the pressure of what colors and who.  Krys, that is the main reason.  I am running out of people to give it to.

I just have the pocket to make and it is done.

Brenda, I am proud to show mine off, first because you made it and second because you did the pocket without a pattern.

Off to watch some TV and maybe make a dishcloth.

Have a fun night.

I know that you are running out of people. That is why I suggested a different style/design bag. That way you could start sending them to the same people you already did. I guess anyone can use more than one bag as long as they look different (different design).

Yes, you probably could use a break from all those totes:)

Krys

Happy Thanksgiving Eve Day!  Is everyone all ready for the hustle and bustle to begin?  Got the pies made yesterday and they actually dont look too bad this year.  They always taste good but just dont look very pretty. Still puttering around cleaning and sorting.  You might know this is dh day off and he is a very disruptive force in my universe.  

18 hours ago, bgs said:

Yes it seemed like we lost people with each "upgrade" and then I often wonder how many people got blocked by the forum software and gave up trying to get hold of the admins to get back on.  

Ye I had LOTS of trouble figuring out how to get on the 'Ville!!  Of course, I'm not the brightest bulb on the string when it comes to computers!  But...I figured if I could get back on, ANYone could!  ????

Hello hello how are you all?  

I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving my pies are in the oven as we speak hopefully done ready to put in the fridge or something for tomorrow I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and a good day tomorrow at 3 day or 4 Day weekend for some. 

I'm a bit tired tonight I did a lot today but I was just wanted to tell everybody to have a Happy Thanksgiving and I'll see you all sometime soon maybe tomorrow maybe Friday okay bye for now take care those pies are almosr ready to come out lol. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to one and all.

May your day be filled with love and laughter. 

Now remember no Politics today at the dinner table.:rofl

I am as ready as I am going to be.  With just the two of us it is Chicken breast with all the Thanksgiving trimmings.  We even made our own Cranberry dressing.

Have a great day everyone.

Now on to breakfast and a day of FOOTBALL.

oh im full  lol and i  hope everyone's day went or is going  well  dont forget what you are  thankful today!! perfectly lovely say but over all too soon when the sun goes away

so early    we listened to an audio  book after we had the turkey in and the dressing ready to  go in later lol    i always make a pan of dressing to add to what  goes in the bird as we like our dressing lol   twas very good and the gravy was great too  hard to mess up gravy when its turkey gravy lol  

well im off lost my daylight so lol see ya tomorrow  im nor  nor have i ever participated in black Friday lol  but good luck to those of you that do!!

Well dh had his turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, candied sweet potatoes,  cranberry gel, green beans, carrots, dinner rolls, and pumpkin pie.  Now I am looking forward to bbq Fri----thats what gets me through Thanksgiving.  Everything seemed to turn out better this year than usual.  I had the turkey in the oven and most everything else prepped and ready to cook when sis and niece got here.  Sis and I finally mastered making gravy and love those oven bags for the turkey.  My back was hurting by the end of the day.  Need to go to sleep as my day starts at 4 am tomorrow.

hi all  hope your holiday went well we actually had a "leftovers lunch" today with the kids  they brought their leftovers and combined with ours and we ate too much again lol  the laptop and the desk top got cleaned and my new stuff installed too so im set  

hope the best for you and yours have a great weekend!! 

Hi Everyone.  Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving.

It is finally bright and sunny here.  We had 2 days of clouds and rain.

The tote is done and all the extra's.  We will be taking pictures today and hope to post on Monday.

I can not move on to other things.  I have a couple of Christmas gifts I need to get done and in the mail.

Have a fun day.

Sandra its the round parts of the solid color square from this pattern.  At least thats how I make them. Its really my favorite for potholders.

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/monkey-around-baby-blanket

Last night I was exhausted and fell asleep as soon as I made it to my chair.  Started the day at 4 am.  Went shopping with sister and niece.  Dont know that I got much done as for as presents but got myself two pair of shoes I hate shopping for shoes.  They have to immediately feel good.  Need to be flat but yet not have too thin of a sole.  I never wore high heels.  I would have fallen and or broke my ankles. I also got some socks and a purse.  Sis and niece had good coupons for Kohls and Pennys.  Also stopped at Walmart.  Did drive thru for my annual egg mcmuffin.  We were later getting to Crown Center this year so did not go to Hallmark Visitor Center like we usually do but have vone for so many years it was ok.  We had lunch while listening to a jazz band, bought dh's bagels, looked at the mayors Christmas tree, looked thru some of the shops.  Then stopped at other sis's house to feed her cat and sis's pastor's house to feed and water dogs.  Then stopped to use coupons at hardware store.  We got back just in time to make oven fries to go with the bbq dh picked up on his way from work.  This morning I am back at sisters house making cut out sugar cookies.  We will frost them this afternoon.  

Sandra I make 2 of the post circles and then single crochet them together.  When I get back around i chain 10 and join for a hanging loop.  I use a g hook but think you all were using h hooks. I cant remember how many rounds I did.  Oh wait I am at sis's house and I gave her several.  I do 7 rounds. 

It's been forever since I've stopped by so I thought I would pop in and say Hello. 

I keep thinking things will slow down and I'll find more time to get here but instead I seem to get busier and busier.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I just thought some of you might be interested to know little more about that "Sparkle Studio" that I mentioned here couple days ago or so.. That is why our owners are so busy...  I know at least one of them is the owner of that place. Maybe both of them own that place (I am not sure about that).  I first find out about their plans for that studio about the same time when that new software got installed here ( when C'ville was down for many days)

That is a actual store- retail, that is how I would describe that. PLUS a LOT more.. Like artists giving demonstrations maybe even lessons are available there ( I am not sure about lessons). I just said that because it would make sense to do that. More costumers is always good for business!:).

Just now I sit down for few minutes and I found that by coincidence on Facebook. There are few posts & pictures from "Sparkle Studio". Just scroll down.

Here is the link and one picture from there:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=wizard

Krys

Sparkle Studio Facebook picture.jpg

On 11/21/2017 at 7:48 PM, Avon Lady said:

People been living this place for a long time, way before that new "program" got installed. They go to places where something is happening to get some "fun". I know at least couple members left to just paint the rocks :). More fun there. NOTHING interesting or fun is happening here and nothing will be. It only will get worse.. Unless some changes would be made. Our "event calendar" is EMPTY!. I think it been empty since I joined here (3 years ago).  At least  at that time here was some kind of swap going on & that wish list.  If I remember correctly that fallowing year that swap or something got canceled. Because not enough people sign up. It was not that we did not had enough members. It was just not enough people left here who would liked to do that & sign up for that.

Not all people are interested in the same things.  To keep here some of those "visitors" or "newbies" in that event calendar here  should be few things schedule at least for the next 3 months or so.  People would get interested in one thing or another. Some would not sign up for anything, they would just like to watch everything what is happening and maybe give their opinions.. And that would be fine too!:). NOTHING is planed & nothing interesting going on here.

My daughter was just telling me some story's from internet about those people who are painting  rocks. Believe me there is much more fun & excitement going on than here. No, my daughter dos not paint rocks. She just reads sometimes about that.

Our owners are "gone"!. Who knows IF they ever be back?? LOL.

Obviously they have much more fun with that "Sparkle Studio". Maybe they just got "fed-up" with  this group here. They were not appreciated for what  they were doing here for people and they were not asking for anything in return. Just a little respect and maybe "Thank you" sometimes.

BUT, all they got in return criticized in a VERY bad way for their brand New Logo. They were working on that new logo for a long time. That new logo it is very artfully design.  And after all they had the right to change anything here, anything they want. Because they OWN this place. On the end they had to live BOTH logos here. I am sure that was not what they were planning for or happy with. Who on earth would want to keep 2 logos??, just because someone got so "pist" at them for that. I do remember that was very nasty. No member/members should have the right to  be saying anything like that to them!. In fact they did handle that with respect. If that would  been me? that person would been "out the door"!.  

They probably do not have to put up with that kind BS anymore at that studio. And hopefully they are making money doing that.

Krys

Mary Jo, I liked your crochet pickles. They are cute. I really like your Angels. They are so beautiful. Also I listened to the Angels Among Us Video Tribute. That song was so touching. And beautiful.      

Hey ya'll I am still here. I just have had a lot to do. Been busy crocheting. And a lot of other things. Hopefully I am back. If  I am welcome back that is. Hope so. How is everyone doing. We had a good Thanksgiving.  Just me and Hubby.  We still had a good day. Well everyone take care. Arlene :ghug

Archived