Spooky Eyes

Tampa Doll

I found this pattern on Red Heat.com using Reflective Yarn.  It looked like fun and the yarn interested me.  It is bulky and I needed a size H (tree trunk) hook.

My Dr. has twin boys that are 5, so I thought this would be a cool way to try out the yarn and they could have a cool trick or treat bag.  I have one made and I am waiting for more yarn to make another.

Oh by the way,  you only need 2 not 3 skeins of the black.  The bag is not as big as it looks in the picture, but it is big enough for little kids.

post-105-0-63729700-1437566374_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-53989800-1437566388_thumb.jpg  More spooky eyes

I love this! I have a couple of nephews that would probably love it too. Gotta see if they carry the yarn around here. Thanks!

Thank you all.  I see her in Sept.  I know it is early, but better early.  What boys don't like spooky things.

This was fun to make and a lot easier then I thought.

The bag is adorable and what a sweet gift.

A few years ago I cut out glow-in-the-dark craft foam eyeballs and pinned the sets all over my SIL's huge tree in her front yard for Halloween. I used neon green, neon yellow and hot pink. On some of them I drew veins on the outside of the pupils and they looked great. They were the hit of the whole area. We heard kids telling other kids about the cool shining eyes in a lady's front yard. Maybe this year I can crochet them instead since there is reflective yarn available.

Thank you all.  The only problem is that I had to send for the yarn. No one around here carries it.  Maybe if we get closer to Halloween, they will.

I am now make a different one, that is neon green, purple and black.  This is a spider web type.

• 3 weeks later...

ReniC mentioned what I was thinking.  I thought they would be really cool to put on windows at night.  Do they glow for very long in the dark?

They don't glow, they reflect any light thrown on them.  I wanted glow in the dark, but that yarn was way out of my realm of price.

ReniC mentioned what I was thinking.  I thought they would be really cool to put on windows at night.  Do they glow for very long in the dark?

The last eyes I made were with glow in the dark yarn (don't remember brand) . My SIL said she gave them to her daughter and she's still using them.

The following year I wanted to fill a request for the crochet eyes and couldn't find the yarn so I used glow in the dark foam sheets that I cutout. Maybe this season a yarn will be available. Red Heart's Reflective yarn might work if you shine a small flood-light on the eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the Dr. this morning and gave her the Trick or Treat bags for her sons.  She loved them and said her boys will.  Let me explain, she has twin red headed boys age 5.  She says they love the monsters I made for them before.

On set of bags down one more to go.

Archived