Shawl We Crochet? - CAL

darski

Here is the start of my wheelchair shawl. I took the picture a few hours ago, but I am on row 10 now.. I chose the yarn because most of the residents at the veterans home are men., and maybe men would tolerate this color combo. It's dark blue with gold,green, tan and grey.

post-13802-0-47643400-1432009416_thumb.jpg

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the Harlequin Shawl done and started the Branching Out one, not too sure about it, I'll see how I feel when I get a little farther along. Anyway here are a couple of pictures of the Harlequin. Would you believe I ran out of yarn two scallopes before the end and had to join a new ball of yarn.

post-68557-0-40151200-1432079120_thumb.jpg   post-68557-0-64582200-1432079151_thumb.jpg

Darlenecoover--that is gorgeous!  I love that color--is it Rose?  Now I must go out and buy some pretty pink!

Beautiful Darlene!!

There is a LYS I can walk to in about two minutes from work. I stop in on Tuesdays and Thursdays to see what projects the ladies there are working on. They all knit. I was lamenting today that I tried to work a beautiful shawl but could not figure out the pattern and didn't know many people who crochet in "real life". Two ladies popped up and said they both crocheted. One looked up the pattern on her phone and said she would see if she could figure it out. Yay!! I love that Harlequin shawl and would love to try one. So maybe now I will have some help.

Beautiful Darlene!!

There is a LYS I can walk to in about two minutes from work. I stop in on Tuesdays and Thursdays to see what projects the ladies there are working on. They all knit. I was lamenting today that I tried to work a beautiful shawl but could not figure out the pattern and didn't know many people who crochet in "real life". Two ladies popped up and said they both crocheted. One looked up the pattern on her phone and said she would see if she could figure it out. Yay!! I love that Harlequin shawl and would love to try one. So maybe now I will have some help.

I wish someone lived close to me that crocheted and we could get together, but noone that I know does..so I rely on the ladies I meet online to help when I need it. And thank goodness for them.

Ok, I am going to finish the Branching Out shawl, after you get past the first few rows it is easy, almost as easy as the Wheelchair Wrap.

Here are a couple of pictures of it so far, I am on rown 39

post-68557-0-81261000-1432219021_thumb.jpg post-68557-0-28086300-1432219054_thumb.jpg

Ok, sorry about that, let's see if I can get the right pictures this time

attachicon.gifPTDC0018.JPG attachicon.gifPTDC0019.JPG

:rofl  -

I got rather stumped on my Branching out shawl because of other stuff .  Yours is lovely in that winter white; mine looks a bit too flashy in the amethyst.

Ok, I lied on that last post: it is the picot flower that I so loved but I now think of it as a clover.  I have big plans for that clover :think

this yarn is a very bright orange in "Bernat Worsted" but it is so very soft and you can never lose it in a crowded room. :rofl

post-4896-0-39543700-1432301359_thumb.jpg

oh.. and... I liked the flower so much I decided to make one every 5th st on every 6th row instead of every 8th stitch on every 8th row.  the flower has to be worked from the wrong side to appear on the front so that is why I worked them on every 6th row instead of every 5th row.

Ok, I lied on that last post: it is the picot flower that I so loved but I now think of it as a clover.  I have big plans for that clover :think

this yarn is a very bright orange in "Bernat Worsted" but it is so very soft and you can never lose it in a crowded room. :rofl

attachicon.giftwelve001.jpg

oh.. and... I liked the flower so much I decided to make one every 5th st on every 6th row instead of every 8th stitch on every 8th row.  the flower has to be worked from the wrong side to appear on the front so that is why I worked them on every 6th row instead of every 5th row.

Oh, I like that now, I wasn't too sure when I first saw the pattern. How easy would it be to make it longer?

Oh, I like that now, I wasn't too sure when I first saw the pattern. How easy would it be to make it longer?

I plan to keep going until it is large enough for my purposes.

All done! It goes fast, but gets rather boring because of the number of stitches at the end...lol My model is my sister, I cut her head off purposely to show the shawl.

I think I am going to try the picot flower one next. After I do the monthly kit from Annie's that I just got.

post-68557-0-63475300-1432324879_thumb.jpg  post-68557-0-27590700-1432324913_thumb.jpg

All done! It goes fast, but gets rather boring because of the number of stitches at the end...lol My model is my sister, I cut her head off purposely to show the shawl.

I think I am going to try the picot flower one next. After I do the monthly kit from Annie's that I just got.

attachicon.gifPTDC0020.JPG  attachicon.gifPTDC0021.JPG

it looks lovely.  TFS :ghug

now I really have to get back to it and get it done.  :blush

I started the Picot Flower shawl last night, and here is what I have so far....not sure if I like it, it might just be my choice of yarn and color...looks more like  Picot clover... :heehee

I am using up the yarn I already have available, rather than buy new...this is Bernat Satin Jade.

post-68557-0-48216000-1432395496_thumb.jpg

post-68557-0-09558000-1432395529_thumb.jpg

Archived