Shawl We Crochet? - CAL

darski

Wow, Darski, that picture is definitely v-stich and the shawl is beautiful in that stich. I agree it I'd prefer the v-stich version.

I started the Dixie Charm shawl for my mom and am pleased with it so far. I'm doing it in Caron Super Soft. Hope she likes it.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I have it figured out.  there are five shells: one at ea edge, one at ea side and one in centre back.  Might just keep going with it.  I have a lovely pink (Bernat SV) so it might be good to go.

It's odd that you can't see the middle shells or the shape in the pattern photos.

Yes, I thought that too.  it might be the thread that causes the shells to disappear.

Here is my completed Dixie Charm shawl.  I am far from a photographer so please excuse the background. I tried to get the detail of the shawl in the picture.  Definitely one I will do again.

attachicon.gifDixie Charm Shawl.jpg

I love this one.  Ok, have to do one of those.

I just did 2 ghans so it's time to get back to shawls.

Just got home from Mom's house this evening. She loved her shawl and said she was going to ask me to make one for her. So glad I had already had it done.

We went to see Menopause the Musical, it was so hilarious! We laughed until we cried.

Darski, I like your new found pattern for the Branching Out shawl. Haven't decided yet what my next project will be. My yarn finally arrived while I was away to finish the baby afghan.

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight!

here are my beginning for the Branching Out and Harlequin shawls.  both are easy and just take time to 'get there'  :wlol

post-4896-0-77882300-1431006576_thumb.jpg

I like them both so far.  I'm not sure how the WW will affect the Branching out one but we'll see when we get there. :rofl

Darski, what yarns are you using for each of these?

They are both :heart  one is Creamsicle and the other is Amethyst.   Both are quite pretty and easy to work.

Started the harlequin this afternoon using ILTY in lavender I had in my stash. It is an easy pattern to work and is coming along quickly. Still also working on baby afghan.

I'm curious about your hook choice.  I am using a 6.mm with what is generally a 3.5 wt WW yarn and I wish I had gone up to the 6.5.  how is yours doing?

Archived