Shawl We Crochet? - CAL

darski

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I actually have a colourful shawl done in the "Wobble afghan" pattern but I need to get some sun so I can get a pic of it. :rofl

I originally planned this CAL for this year but I think I may keep going... we'll see how it goes. 

So many great patterns and I haven't made half of them :eek

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, that's pretty. I can't see much detail, but to glance at it, I would have guessed it was knitted.

That was my first thought as well.  It was only when I saw the pineapples that I knew it was crochet.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a pic of the shawl that I did... ages ago it seems.

post-4896-0-62999200-1452020882_thumb.jpg

it is quite colourful.  it is not a long shawl but it sits nicely over my shoulders so it should be a good fit for a smaller person.

I think that is cool:)
That pattern is not free but that looks easy to make without that pattern.
Easy Wrap::

Krys

I agree.  I think that would be a neat one to try.  it looks simple enough.  Just need to pick the yarn :think

Darski you already started, you are fast:). I bat it is going to turn out beautiful:).

I was thinking last night about that wrap. That I could use something like that even around the house. Sometimes it gets cool here. What I like about that wrap that would not be falling of my shoulders because of that button. I never made any shawl or wrap before. I think that would be fun to make that:)

But right now I need to crochet those blankets & other stuff for those little babies.

I already made that little hat last night. I love that look at the bottom of that hat (those 2 last rows), That is very clever.

Thanks again for that pattern:). I will post a picture of that hat.

Happy New Year!:)

Krys

Darski you already started, you are fast:). I bat it is going to turn out beautiful:).

I was thinking last night about that wrap. That I could use something like that even around the house. Sometimes it gets cool here. What I like about that wrap that would not be falling of my shoulders because of that button. I never made any shawl or wrap before. I think that would be fun to make that:)

But right now I need to crochet those blankets & other stuff for those little babies.

I already made that little hat last night. I love that look at the bottom of that hat (those 2 last rows), That is very clever.

Thanks again for that pattern:). I will post a picture of that hat.

Happy New Year! :)

Krys

I'm glad the hat worked for you.  I should probably mention that I usually go down 1 hook size to make the ribbing. 

it helps to keep the hat on the head. It isn't necessary but I like it.

• 5 weeks later...

I have finally finished that shawl... it was probably too plain - I need some interest to keep at it and my arms have been getting tired quickly  :sigh

post-4896-0-91162700-1455186587_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-96950800-1455186589_thumb.jpg

the navy colour and the plain style should work for a man I think.

Hi, everyone! I wanted to give you all a personal invitation to Crochetville's fourth annual blog tour in honor of National Crochet Month. This year's tour features a virtual passenger steam train trip. The Crochet Express will leave the station at 8:00 AM on March 1 to visit 93 crochet designers, 20 yarn companies, and 19 crochet-friendly local yarn stores, plus a daily giveaway. You'll be able to find all the posts on the Crochetville blog.

Part of the fun of a train trip is chatting with your fellow passengers. In the Observation Car, you'll be able to talk about your favorite finds each day and share photos of the projects you're currently working on. All that shopping, talking, and crocheting will keep us hungry, so our Dining Car will feature a daily cocktail hour and special dinner. The drinks and food will sadly have to be virtual, through the sharing of recipe links, as we haven't quite figure out how to send the real stuff through the internet yet.

Chat here on Crochetville: The Crochet Express

Chat in our Facebook group: National Crochet Month

Wherever you prefer to chat, Donna and I hope you will join us to celebrate National Crochet Month. As far as we know, this is the biggest organized event anywhere!

Crochet_Express_General_Ticket_2a_FB.png

Click the ticket to see it full size for easier reading.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived