Shawl We Crochet? - CAL

darski

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the link to my prayer shawl. It is actually Cozy Comfort Shawl and is on Ravelry.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cozy-comfort-prayer-shawl

I used Caron Pounder yarn in peach. Thanks for all the compliments!

I've added it to the OP. I was surprised it wasn't there.  I had the pattern in my files :think  It really is gorgeous.

I want to start another shawl and I think this might just be a good one to start on. :yes

Agreed. I see all of the pink on the guys during football in October and wonder how many get their annual prostate exams. Boys are generally idiots about going to the doctor. THEY need the awareness campaign. I don't think that there are people left on earth that are not "aware" of breast cancer.

I did some checking and Prostate Cancer month is September and the colour is light blue. 

I'm going to send myself another reminder and do something for next year as we just missed this year. :(

I admit that I am a bit peeved that this information is not 'generally known'.  Maybe we can change that.

it's hard to make a manly shawl in baby blue :eek

I've arranged for a reminder about doing a CAL next year.

I'm thinking maybe hats and scarves - a suggestion from a group on FB.

Meanwhile, I need to get back to shawls :blush

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I think I have finished my last scarf.  Seems I get hooked on doing one thing and make several before I get back to my shawls.  Just started a new prayer shawl as I will be going to a prayer shawl retreat next week and want to at least have one started before I leave.  There will be lots of knit/crochet time while we are there so I am hoping I will have at least one shawl to be blessed at the conclusion of the retreat.  Sounds like it will be a good time. They will be having a speaker who raises Alpaca which should be interesting and she will have some of her yarn there.  I am allergic to wool and some other natural fibers so I can at least see how I will react to Alpaca. 

Hope everyone is doing well.  Have a great weekend!

Jill, sounds like your retreat will be nice. I tried alpaca batting in a quilt once and after it was washed, the batting "bearded" through the cotton fabric and it looked awful. Hope you have better luck with yarn.

Darski, I don't like the horizontal rows against the vertical ones. It's hard on the eyes, but I do love the colors. Are you going to give it a try? And how are you feeling these days? You haven't mentioned.

check this out...

Wrapped in Elegance Shawl

I think it is the colourway that really appeals to me. :c9

that's exactly what caught my eye, too! I'm easily distracted by bright shiny things...and a balance still left to spend on my AC Moore gift card.

It's on my to do list - like I need another shawl....lol! The colorway might not appeal to a lot of people,  that'll be my excuse  reason for keeping it.

that's exactly what caught my eye, too! I'm easily distracted by bright shiny things...and a balance still left to spend on my AC Moore gift card.

It's on my to do list - like I need another shawl....lol! The colorway might not appeal to a lot of people,  that'll be my excuse  reason for keeping it.

You can always donate it to your local Hospice!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived