Shawl We Crochet? - CAL

darski

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darski I am really sorry that you are still not doing well. Did you have to go back to the hospital?

Goodness, I hope you get better soon. Glad you have the energy to stop in and keep us updated(and distracted by the fun patterns you find)

Darski I am really sorry that you are still not doing well. Did you have to go back to the hospital?

Goodness, I hope you get better soon. Glad you have the energy to stop in and keep us updated(and distracted by the fun patterns you find)

No I haven't been back to the hospital.  I've just been a bad girl and overdid stuff :fever

I do find that the computer does fill in the time and FB is a great source of new patterns.

:ty for you kind words.

Made this one a while ago but don't think I ever posted a picture.  It's the dixie charm shawl.

attachicon.gifGreen Shawl with verigated edging.jpg

that is so beautiful

I've decided that I just have to make myself do some (a lot of ) crochet every day.   I think we get in a no-go mood and we have to fight that.  Having been ill gets you into a not good crochet place. :rofl

Jill, the shawl is beautiful. I like the color a lot too.

Darski, I hear ya. I get in a funk from just being tired from work. It's soooo easy to get home and just veg out on the couch. But usually once I get started, I am happy that I did. It used to be that way for me at the gym. Getting thee was the hardest part.

But when you are sick (and not just tired from a crappy work day) it's easy to say you deserve time off. Only you know what you could be doing. Don't over-do things again, just do things? Lol, how's that for sage advice?

Jill, the shawl is beautiful. I like the color a lot too.

Darski, I hear ya. I get in a funk from just being tired from work. It's soooo easy to get home and just veg out on the couch. But usually once I get started, I am happy that I did. It used to be that way for me at the gym. Getting thee was the hardest part.

But when you are sick (and not just tired from a crappy work day) it's easy to say you deserve time off. Only you know what you could be doing. Don't over-do things again, just do things? Lol, how's that for sage advice?

Excellent advice fer shure. It is nice to have something to show for your day again.

Is this group still working on shawls?

Yes, I have just been getting over a critical illness and I can just now get back to crochet.  I have shawls and other projects on the go; I just have to pick them up and finish them.

that's why I keep posting new shawls as I see them.

So sorry to hear that you've been ill. So have I....a great doctor brought me through...God put the right person in the right place for me.

You have a lots of links...looking forward to working on some!

Just completed another prayer shawl, still need to take a picture to post. Also just got an order for 2 shawls for a cousin so they will be my next projects. Just need to get some yarn tomorrow. Can't believe with all the yarn in my stash I don't have the color she wants.

Wow, that is a beautiful shawl. I love the unforgettable yarn and even have some in my stash.

Are you going to do this one Darski??

I have ordered some self-striping yarn from Mary Maxim.  I might just try this one when it comes in.

I finished the ghan for my Christmas CAL so now I think I had better get another shawl on the go.  However I have that yarn coming from MM's so I might just wait for it.

I'm doing baby sets again just because they are so much fun and easy to do. :hug

This is the last prayer shawl I made. It's the pattern called comfort shawl and the recipients have all loved them as prayer shawls.  I have since made 2 mesh shawls for cousins which I will deliver Thursday.

attachicon.gifPeach Prayer Shawl.jpg

Jill, I can't find this pattern!  Could you send a link, please?  Thanks!

Archived