Shawl We Crochet? - CAL

darski

My seniors really like shawls so I'm planning to make several in 2015.  What I enjoy about shawls is that they are generally quick projects and you can do more of them than say lapghans and such.

I plan to keep links here in the Original Post so they are easy to find.  And feel free to post any links you find and I will add them here.

I expect to begin making the shawls in January - more or less :eek and I want to find patterns or directions in the mean while.

Shawls are easy so come on down.... :chook:crocheting

Links and look-sees:

I just found a very pretty pattern I don't want to lose.  Cascade yarns have some lovely ideas.

http://www.cascadeyarns.com/patternsFree/W549_TangierWildflowersShawl.pdf

I've started the "Top Down Shawl"

The Peek-a-Boo Shawl

Staggered Shells Wrap

Friendship shawl

LB Prayer shawl  20281c

LB Prayer shawl 13779

LB Triangle shawl

LB Split Collar capelet

Bernat Prayer Shawl

Coraline in Wine Country Shawl

Midnight Breeze shawl

Wheelchair Wrap

Warm Weather Wrap uses Baker's Cotton thread

Morning Has Broken (PDF)

The Power of a Prayer Shawl

Scalloped Shawl - LB

Amazing Grace Prayer Shawl

Perfectly Elegant Shawl

Dixie Charm Shawl

Sidewalk Shawl :pineapples

Diaphanous Shawl

Purple Glam Shawl

Silver Glam Shawl

Splendid Scalloped shawl

Cinnamon Fling

Juliette Shawl

Small Fans Shawl - Lace weight

Bon Vivant Capelet

Fleur de Lis shawl - thread

Branching Out

Harlequin Shawl

LB Triangle Shawl

LB Daylight Tweedy Shaw

Love Triangle Shawl

Emerald Lace Fling Wrap

LB Royal Triangle shawl

Lacy Shawl by Drew Emborsky

No Stopping me Now shawl

Cozy Comfort Prayer Shawl

Flower Motif Wrap

Amazing Grace Prayer Shawl

Rose Garden Shawl

Wrapped in Elegance Shawl

Sweet Scallops shawl

Strawberry Fields Forever Shawl

Larkspur Shawl

Berry Bubblegum Fling

Simple Spring Wrap

_-_-_-_

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should jump in and play. I have the yarn for this shawl, and just never have gotten to it.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/peek-a-boo-shawl-2

I like the look of that one too.  What is the difference between the two that just say Peek a boo shawl PDF?  Is there any difference?

If I can come up with a charity that wants shawls, I could make a few. When I finish up my marathon Caron One Pound de-stash, I Love This Yarn is next on the chopping block, and that would make nice ones. But I'll have to see if anyone around here wants them. Otherwise, I'll just stick with the lapghans over on Boxing Day.

I have a connection in a senior's home and they love them so they will take any I can make.  You might look for such a thing near you.

One nice bit about shawls is that you can test drive crochet stitches without committing to a full sized (or lap-sized) ghan

I like the look of that one too.  What is the difference between the two that just say Peek a boo shawl PDF?  Is there any difference?

I don't know what the difference may be. I bought the yarn for a different project and then decided that I didn't like how much of a color variation there was for that. So I searched for that yarn, looking for something I knew I'd like the look of... and that I'd have enough yarn for. ;)

I mentioned that I started the "Top Down Shawl" but I was busy completing a pattern so I didn't give it too much thought. 

I have got it going now but I found that I have to work in [2dc, ch3, 2dc] in the pivot point on full rows to keep it going correctly.

I also seem to have gotten lop-sided :blush  I'll fix that as i go along.

post-4896-0-63918800-1418261034_thumb.jpg

but then we don't really have to start until the new year... oook.  :)

Just stopping by to alert you shawl lovers to a shawl pattern book for Kindle, by Tammy Hildebrand that is currently free. Check price before buying though, free books sometimes go up in price within a few hours. According to Amazon, the paper version of this book has a $19.99 list price,

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IN7X734/ref=pe_385040_117923520_TE_M1T1DP

Just stopping by to alert you shawl lovers to a shawl pattern book for Kindle, by Tammy Hildebrand that is currently free. Check price before buying though, free books sometimes go up in price within a few hours. According to Amazon, the paper version of this book has a $19.99 list price,

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IN7X734/ref=pe_385040_117923520_TE_M1T1DP

:ty :ty :ty  got it and about to read it on cloud.  I like cloud for the size :wlol

• 3 weeks later...

I am fairly new to the board and would love to join you as well. I don't know that I can do one a month or so, but I can work along with everyone. I am currently working on the Arabella pattern for my niece. I have never before done anything like this, so am real excited. I got the hat pieces done and working on the coat.

Sad thing is, I had to go to work this morning. LOL

Have a great day everyone.

Lori

I am fairly new to the board and would love to join you as well. I don't know that I can do one a month or so, but I can work along with everyone. I am currently working on the Arabella pattern for my niece. I have never before done anything like this, so am real excited. I got the hat pieces done and working on the coat.

Sad thing is, I had to go to work this morning. LOL

Have a great day everyone.

Lori

Welcome aboard.  I think we are all planning to just do what we can.  I do other charitable stuff but I just want to push myself to make more shawls this year.  :ghug

Thank you for the welcome!

I am going to try the Friendship Shawl. http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW2177.pdf

We do a nursing home ministry and these will be great for gifts.

That's pretty. I hadn't run across it before.

I am currently working on the Arabella pattern for my niece. I have never before done anything like this, so am real excited. I got the hat pieces done and working on the coat.

Lori

By any chance is that my Arabella pattern for 18" dolls?  I have seen other patterns with that name so I was just wondering.

Thank you for the welcome!

I am going to try the Friendship Shawl. http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW2177.pdf

We do a nursing home ministry and these will be great for gifts.

I have made several of these and donated them to the June E. Nylan cancer center here where I live, they are really nice and go fast.

Archived