Shawl We Crochet? - CAL

darski

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started the Picot Flower shawl last night, and here is what I have so far....not sure if I like it, it might just be my choice of yarn and color...looks more like  Picot clover... :heehee

I am using up the yarn I already have available, rather than buy new...this is Bernat Satin Jade.

I like that one... I love the colour too :manyheart.

I like that and I find V-st goes  so quickly

Me too, I'll have to check and see if I have enough of one color to make it...don't want to buy new yarn until I have used up what I have...then I can and my husband can't give me dirty looks.. :lol

I am finally posting the pic of my Dixie Charm shawl. 

for some reason the point keeps dressing left - or right- and I don't know why.

post-4896-0-86854000-1432525157_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-73280800-1432525159_thumb.jpg

the jury is still out on the colour.  Sometimes I love it and sometimes not :eek

I look forward to your tweedy shawl.  The Simply shawl was a fave of mine.  I worked it from the centre to both ends but it was such a pretty thing

post-4896-0-68172600-1432782178_thumb.jpg

this went to the daughter of a dear friend when she was dealing w/ breast cancer

Darski, your Simply Shawl is beautiful!

The tweedy shawl is made from LB Heartland yarn.  It is very soft and nice to work with.

attachicon.gifDaylight Tweedy Shawl (3).jpg

I needed a quick and easy project after the ripple afghan.

that is so pretty - great colour and much like an LBD... goes anywhere at any time

I have to confess  :blush  that I got tired of 2 of the patterns I was working: 

Branching out was going to be too big for wheelchair use as I was using a hefty WW yarn and a 6.5mm hook so it got the "special Treatment"  I added white to accent the bottom and used a white flower for fun.

post-4896-0-11015000-1433714618_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-45696300-1433714619_thumb.jpg

The Harlequin was getting too demanding to follow the pattern and I rather like it as a shawlette.  I might end up keeping it for spring and fall warmth.

post-4896-0-33424500-1433714614_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-02208200-1433714616_thumb.jpg

the "expanding shells" pattern from the 280 shell stitches book -#80  is finally done.  It will be pretty enough to be enjoyed but I think I made a mistake in using the bit of white.  it is doubled over in the full pic.  it is a pretty pattern and went quickly enough once you get the rhythm of it.

post-4896-0-31753000-1433714610_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-45910400-1433714612_thumb.jpg

I have to confess  :blush  that I got tired of 2 of the patterns I was working: 

Branching out was going to be too big for wheelchair use as I was using a hefty WW yarn and a 6.5mm hook so it got the "special Treatment"  I added white to accent the bottom and used a white flower for fun.

attachicon.gifsixt01.jpgattachicon.gifsixt02.jpg

The Harlequin was getting too demanding to follow the pattern and I rather like it as a shawlette.  I might end up keeping it for spring and fall warmth.

attachicon.giffourt01.jpgattachicon.giffourt02.jpg

the "expanding shells" pattern from the 280 shell stitches book -#80  is finally done.  It will be pretty enough to be enjoyed but I think I made a mistake in using the bit of white.  it is doubled over in the full pic.  it is a pretty pattern and went quickly enough once you get the rhythm of it.

attachicon.giffift01.jpgattachicon.giffift02.jpg

i love all three of them, I'll have to get that book and try some of the patterns. I made a second Branching Out using Simply Soft and a G hook and it made up much smaller. I think I took a picture of it, I'll have to find it and post it.

Oh my gosh Darski. That set is so darn cute!!

I wish you were my next door neighbor so I could learn "at your knee" as they say.

Is that set a gift??

No, I give most of the baby sets to a friend who has many baby showers in a year.  She is dealing with Alzheimers in her husband and is hard put to meet her budget.

Well that's nice. You get to make fun sets and she has less stress when she gets invited to a shower. A win-win for sure.

I am working on my first ever round baby blanket. The center was a bit challenging, I actually had to read the instructions out loud to talk myself through it, but now I am on the outer part and it's easy going until I get to the scalloped edge.

Most of my friends are starting on grandkids, not kids. I started this blanket in blue yarn and I know of two girls on the way, so I guess I blew that!! If this one works out, I will hunt down some yarn more appropriate for a girl.

The wheelchair shawl is still a WIP. I noticed a mistake in it, but I was pretty consistent with the mistake, so I think it will be ok. Depends on how specific the border is going to be. I am not clever enough to tell by just reading that part of the pattern if I am going to be able to work around it. If not, I will just try to invent a different border I guess. Maybe I can get a picture up tomorrow.

Archived