Shawl We Crochet? - CAL

darski

Not a free pattern but I came a across this pretty shawl.

http://www.craftsy.com/supplies/pineapple-twist-shawl-kit/10240

One I might like to try some day. Still trying to take it slow with crochet until I see the doctor about my shoulder. And I just got the pattern and yarn for the baby project I promised I'd do.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pretty, Darski.

I am still taking it slow because of my shoulder but have started my baby project which is very easy and I am enjoying it. I also worked on my shawl a little today while sitting in the doctor's office since I have to wait 30 minutes after they give me my allergy shots. I usually work on something that doesn't take much concentration and counting while I'm there.

After this shawl I am going to make one for my mom to keep her warm in church. I think maybe something with a pineapple pattern.

I'm guessing that it is made with a "Baby" weight (2 of 6) yarn and I would have to be ready to adjust to at least a SW but it would be a nice one.

working 167 - 196 chains to start would be... ahem :blush  quite generous; even in Sport.

Yea! Got the baby sets finished and ready to deliver!  Now back to my shawls!  I have one WIP and will be starting on the Dixie Charm shawl for my mother.  (Darski has it posted on the first post)  She picked it out from the patterns I had with me last time I visited.  I'm also "thinking about starting" a baby ghan, I have a lifesize babydoll who doesn't have a blanket. So all that should keep me busy and give me a little variety to keep the boredom away.

Baby outfits are posted in show and tell if you are interested.  Hopefully I will have another shawl to share before long.

Darski, love the Bon Vivant, but I have to psych myself up for that many chains.  

Hope everyone has a good day!

I love that pattern - it's Pineapples :clap  I have it in the OP.  Not sure where I saw it first. :think  thanks for the reminder.

The shawl I have been working on is getting out of control. It is too wide and therefore will need to be very, very long. I think it will turn into a lapghan instead. LOL. I am letting it rest for awhile until I decide what to do. Started on a baby afghan in the meantime.

I started working the FdL pattern and the pattern has nothing to do with the picture.  The pic shows all V-st (dc, ch2, dc) and the pattern has shells (2dc, ch2, 2dc) that don't show up at all.

I don't think I want to do the pattern as printed - I prefer the pic version :confused:grumpy

ah well.  will :think on this one.

Archived