Shawl We Crochet? - CAL

darski

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ripped out the prayer shawl I started and went up a hook size. I'm liking it better. It's called The Power of a Prayer Shawl.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/prayer-shawl-14

Just reading it seems rather complicated.  Is it easier to do than to read?

I do like the stitch effect.

Adding to the OP...

Darski,

It is a very easy 2 row repeat.  It was a little confusing just reading it but easy to work out with the hook and yarn in hand.

I think the challenge in reading it was all the extraneous info but as you say it is simply a two row repeat.  I should try it.  I didn't care for the size and the colouration wasn't quite what I would do.  I might try it with a change in size.  I think a shawl for young people for 'decoration' and such is different from what a seasoned citizen would want to be warm.  After an illness a couple of years ago I really felt the cold and it was July.

I am doing the shawl per the pattern instructions this time.  But the next one I will make wider with different color choices and color pattern.  I have already taken it out once and am getting further into it now so I can actually see how it is coming, so I know how to adjust it next time.  I just don't want to frog it again.  But I definitely like it using the larger hook than the pattern suggests.

Okay, I think I have changed my mind again. I'm going to put this shawl up for now until I decide what I really want to do with it. Got out some stash yarn to start something else for now. I am so fickle today. :(

When I just need something new and different I try other stitch patterns from by stitch pattern books and pics on Pinterest etc.  It gives me a new direction and changes my thought patterns.  I do tend to like to crawl into ruts and just stay there :rofl

Finally finished this one.  I love the WC wrap but I do find it a challenge to finish all those rows.

this one only has 27 rows.  I'm not sure why my rows are so high :think

post-4896-0-70754800-1424296255_thumb.jpg

I love this yarn but I don't have enough to try another shawl.

I also think I need to put some time on other CALs for a bit.  I have other shawls on the go but they will get done as they get done.

Finally finished this one.  I love the WC wrap but I do find it a challenge to finish all those rows.

this one only has 27 rows.  I'm not sure why my rows are so high :think

attachicon.gifeight001.jpg

I love this yarn but I don't have enough to try another shawl.

I also think I need to put some time on other CALs for a bit.  I have other shawls on the go but they will get done as they get done.

What kind of yarn did you use for this one? I love it.

What kind of yarn did you use for this one? I love it.

iIt is a RedHeart "comfort" (cdn only) colour number 4142 and I love it.  Comfort is the name RH uses for pounders in Canada.

Archived